Dynadot

opinion A potential buyer want me to travel to his country.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hell guys
A strange request from a potential buyer for one of my domain names.
He want me to travel to his country to complete the deal face to face.
I have asked him to use Escrow services but he replied that he is not comfortable with it.
What is your feedback guys?
Thanks for all.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Of course I will not travel to anywhere.

good call!

this obviously takes the ol "click on this link to get a domain value certificate" scam to a whole new level :)

•••
good call!

this obviously takes the ol "click on this link to get a domain value certificate" scam to a whole new level :)
Yes, I believe that it is a new kind of scam.

•••
Have you been able to verify who he is and do some research to determine how legit or not he might be?

•••
Have you been able to verify who he is and do some research to determine how legit or not he might be?
He contacted me through eBay, it is not possible to get his contact information from there.

•••
Yeah it doesn't really make sense.

If it's a scam, though, I don't really get the angle. Is he going to insist that you buy your flight & hotel through his travel agency or something?

•••
He may ask for more personal information. I would not give it.

•••
He contacted me through eBay, it is not possible to get his contact information from there.

what kind of feedback he has?

•••
Yeah it doesn't really make sense.

If it's a scam, though, I don't really get the angle. Is he going to insist that you buy your flight & hotel through his travel agency or something?
We didn't discuss that yet.

•••
•••
if it was $0.5m i will say go but be curfull but for $50k it makes no sense to me :/

•••
%100 positive

a lot of deals? memeber since when?

check if he has domains for sale on ebay.. if so do whois.. then research who he is

•••
a lot of deals? memeber since when?

check if he has domains for sale on ebay.. if so do whois.. then research who he is
He is not dealing with domain names, he is member since 2016

•••
You said the sale price was $50K? Which is a good amount, to consider the buyer's request. Sometimes situations like this occur, and it all depends on how you view the scenario. If you think it's risky and out of question, then it would be that. But if you are adventurous and willing to take that risk to get a deal done, it all comes down to minimizing that risk factor mentioned above and going ahead with the request. This is where everything such as buyer's verification, sincerity, and every other aspect of risk reduction needs to be tackled before going ahead. Basically it's your decision man, whichever you take depends on you. Lol, on a side note, just tell the guy your visa request got denied, and see if he'd be cool with just completing the transaction online.

•••
If he wants to come to New York I'll represent you. I'm 40 minutes from Manhattan and will meet at any lawyer office of his chosen.

•••
If he wants to come to New York I'll represent you. I'm 40 minutes from Manhattan and will meet at any lawyer office of his chosen.
Thank you man.
I will consider it.

•••
I live in the US and I wouldn't travel farther than a two hour drive even to meet with someone whose identity I WAS able confirm.

And even doing that, I would demand that the meeting take place at an attorney's office of my choice (with the buyer footing the bill) and half the sale price -- non-refundable of course -- already deposited with said attorney prior to me leaving the house.

I don't know what the scam is, but it's certainly a new one on me.

•••
:blackeye:no go :cold:no:xf.confused: no go

Last edited:
•••
Please tell him, i will send Trump to represent you.

•••
I don't think he will agree, even I have told him that there is a Domain market place broker ready to meet him face to face regarding that deal also he refused.

USA

I'm not a mind reader, but the fact that he refused your suggestion of him meeting a broker instead makes me think that he is just messing with you and just wants you to spend your money on a flight ticket and take all the trouble to travel. Then when you go to his country, he won't reply to your emails nor will he answers your calls. Again, I'm not a mind reader but that's exactly how I feel.

•••
In the USA Escrow services are used all day long! If the buyer is really from LA he should have no problem with it.

Maybe @Silentptnr has some suggestion, he is from this area I think!?

•••
Kek. I knew domainers were a good source of fresh kidneys, hearts, and spleens. Not brains though :/

•••
•••
:xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

Quite a funny request. I had to LOL before typing..

•••
Tell him to find his local broker and pay them a % in his country. Better still you refer him to a dozen brokers in his country he can use. This is name pros your here to network.

•••
@jamaltq
Since you said the sales price is $50K simply ask the buyer to go to your country instead and offer to subtract $2K from the total sales price (for his travel expenses). Set up a meeting in a public place (so no kidnapping can take place :p). Worst case scenario: you waste 15 minutes driving to your agreed meeting place and nobody is there. Best case scenario: you end up selling the domain.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back