Dynadot

opinion A potential buyer want me to travel to his country.

NameSilo
Watch
Hell guys
A strange request from a potential buyer for one of my domain names.
He want me to travel to his country to complete the deal face to face.
I have asked him to use Escrow services but he replied that he is not comfortable with it.
What is your feedback guys?
Thanks for all.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tell him/her/them to travel to you.

•••
I would ask him to pay for my flight rental car and hotel up front. Worst case scenario you get to come to the usa for free.

•••
Ask him to deposit $8k into your paypal account so you can book your trip.

•••
Utter nonsense. What if you traveled to his supposed location, and he changed his mind? No guarantees or security for you, the seller. This is a con.

•••
It also depends on the sale price, if someone wanted me to go to their country for a 200k sale and the flight would cost $1000, then I would consider it. Is it worth paying for a flight for a 2k sale?

I assume you would be paying for the travel?
Is he a serious buyer, did he say he was from a company?
Have you agreed on a price?

It all seems a bit fishy to me...

•••
ask him if he is paying for the 3 bodyguards that'll accompany you to your meeting with him

•••
I had a buyer once come to my office with a cashiers check. It was weird but it went fine. I would be honest. Tell him that you are far away and it is not sensible to come so far.

I am in LA, and could meet them on your behalf. I would call his bluff and tell him you have a biz partner here. I feel I know you anyway. :).

No big deal. Some people can be difficult.
Feel free to pm me. You can call anytime!

•••
Yeah face to face in this day and time . . . got scam written all over this.

•••
Such an unreasonable request sounds like it's only the first problem with this buyer.

•••
If he wants to come to New York I'll represent you. I'm 40 minutes from Manhattan and will meet at any lawyer office of his chosen.

•••
You surely don't want to end up in a strange dungeon of a strange man in a strange land.

If you see this when he opens the door, DO NOT go in:

buffalo bill.jpg

•••
I don't think he will agree

This guy is not a serious buyer. IMHO. Putting roadblocks in the way like this. If he doesn't accept an escrow transaction. I'd ignore him.

•••
Kek. I knew domainers were a good source of fresh kidneys, hearts, and spleens. Not brains though :/

•••
•••
•••
•••
You might have one less kidney trying to seal this deal lol

•••
For your perusal: Three Short Plays In Search of A Domain Sale
by gigadomains.

Possible Scenario 1. (An office building.)
Seller: (out of breath, carrying his suitcase, climbs stairs to the office Buyer says he works in. Knocks on office door.) Hello! Anyone there?

Buyer: (no answer, because he has never been in that office and does not, in fact, work there. Buyer is an insane stalker from eBay.)

Scenario 2. (Same office building.)
Seller: (out of breath, carrying his suitcase. Knocks on door of Buyer’s office.) Hello!

Buyer: Hi! Good to see you in person. Come on in.

Seller: Thank you. So do we have a deal? You are buying this domain for $50,000?

Buyer: Yes, absolutely! I simply do not trust brokers and online escrow services. I believe in looking in the other guy’s eye and being able to shake his hand. Here’s a check for $50,000.

Seller: Okay, I will sit down with my laptop here and transfer the name to you. Here is the Auth code.

Buyer: Wonderful. I have started the transfer. It will be done in a few days.

Seller: Okay, thanks. Now I must catch my plane home and deposit this check. Bye!

Buyer: Bye!

(Seller flies home, deposits the cashier’s check Buyer gave him. Two weeks later his bank informs him the check is a fake. Meanwhile, the domain has transferred to the Buyer.)

Scenario 3. (Same damn office building.)
Seller: (out of breath, carrying his suitcase. Knocks on office door of Buyer.) Hello!

Buyer: (peers around door, aiming barrel of gun at Seller) Who the hell is it!

Seller: Why, it’s me, Seller. You asked me to come here to buy my domain. Please don’t shoot!

Buyer: All right, come in. But let me frisk you for weapons first. Then you’d better put on the biohazard suit I have here for you. You could have Ebola or something, and probably do. Then you’ll have to step into my X-ray scanner here so I can see if you’re carrying anything dangerous not visible to the outside. Okay, put that suitcase in too.

Seller: I assure you I’m healthy, have no weapon or dangerous articles! I just want to make a sale!

Buyer: Sure. Sure. Okay, got an EPP code for me?

Seller: My payment first, please.

Buyer: Here. (Opens a briefcase full of cash to show him. The amount is correct. After a struggle, during which he bites Seller, he finally gives the money briefcase to Seller.)

Seller: Here is the EPP code.

Buyer: Okay, I’ve started transferring the name. Now get the hell out.

Seller: (grabbing briefcase full of money) Thanks for the sale! Goodbye!
(While at the airport boarding his flight home, Seller is grabbed and detained by authorities because the smell of the briefcase sets off a drug-alerting dog. Homeland Security confiscates the money, assuming it is gotten by nefarious means. They keep it for the next 3 years. Seller is released, but goes home poor. He has also developed an infection from the bite he sustained.)

•••
Hell guys
A strange request from a potential buyer for one of my domain names.
He want me to travel to his country to complete the deal face to face.
I have asked him to use Escrow services but he replied that he is not comfortable with it.
What is your feedback guys?
Thanks for all.

Use a lawyer in his country. Let him pay.

•••
Yeah, seriously if by some tiny -winy chance you agree to his proposal, just watch out for your security. :)

You surely don't want to end up in a strange dungeon of a strange man in a strange land. @jamaltq
Of course I will not travel to anywhere.

•••
Ask him to send a picture of his daughter and if you like it you can arrange to complete the transaction at a public place like Hotel.

•••
He want's it..... You've got it....

Who has the upper hand?

•••
•••
What country is it? I certainly wouldn't be going :xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back