Dynadot

.com $500 in 10 min - quick flip

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bikini Tara

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Been a while since I've posted any sales, but plenty of ppl ask me for inspiration, so here's a short story to kick off the New Year..

I hand-registered [TOYOTA] [INDY] [DOT] [COM] via godaddy on Dec 5, then sold it to a family-owned auto dealer, Ed Martin Automotive Group (EdMartin DOT com) for $500 on Dec 6. No-brainer for any Indiana-based Toyota dealer. Sure, I could've gotten more, but contacting a lot of people doesn't interest me. When I have a stellar domain, the technique sells itself.

The time it took me to get the owner's contact info, send a quick email + text, initiate the account change, then draft/send my PayPal invoice: no more than 10 minutes. I would've been paid just minutes after I reached out to them, however, it was very late in the evening(great tactic for me), so the domain was transferred and the invoice was paid first thing the next morning by the office staff.

As always, I bought some lingerie to celebrate my domain sale. There's nothing quite like sitting around on my ipad, selling domains, wearing nothing but a pair of panties under a nice thick throw blanket. Really soothes my soul in ways you wouldn't imagine.:-P

To much success this 2018 domainers!!! #thinkBIG(y)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are obviously new to the domain industry. My advice is to stay away from trademarked names in this industry..it will eventually come back and bite you...not to mention the harm it does to our industry and your reputation as a domainer.

Have a look through the legal section on here to get an idea on how TMs work

Good luck in 2018

•••
Good Job

don, t listen to people who are jealous

there is no Trademark issue !!

Amazon.com bought Amazon.se

What is the origin of the Toyota name?

Toyota Motor Corporation was founded by the Toyoda family. The word "Toyoda" uses ten Japanese strokes to write while "Toyota" uses only eight. Eight is considered a lucky number in Japanese culture. For these reasons "Toyota" was chosen as the company's name.

Toyoda_ID_377.gif
Toyota_ID_377.gif

Last edited:
•••
•••
I never go for company names.But you have courage.Anyway Congrats:xf.smile:

•••
Care to share the email template or few tips on how to compile email template for outreach?

#success

•••
Congrats on the sale, but I do think some of the others are right in just being careful to stay away from big company names.

•••
@Michael Ehrhardt

Michael...it was sold to an auto dealer...you can't infringe on Toyota's TM any more than that. You know very well nobody on here is jealous of a TM sale

@Bikini Tara

You only have to check at some off michaels past comments on TMs to see his understaanding of this subject...just stay away from Trademarks in this industry..its frowned up on by "most" people on here 😉

•••
•••
@Michael Ehrhardt

Michael...it was sold to an auto dealer...you can't infringe on Toyota's TM any more than that. You know very well nobody on here is jealous of a TM sale

@Bikini Tara

You only have to check at some off michaels past comments on TMs to see his understaanding of this subject...just stay away from Trademarks in this industry..its frowned up on by "most" people on here 😉

every domain is TMed !!

CK is Calvin Klein - so how many domains got CK in it !!
Coffee got more than hundreds of TM so who own the world ??

there is no international law for TM !!!

a TM doesn't mean you own the domain or the world
a TM in germany is not the same as in Japan - right ?

there are more than 45 nice class for TM,s

APPLE ???

TOYOTA is a NAME !!!

more to come

I DON<T ACCEPT ANY TM !!

simple :

KIA is a TM for CARS
NOKIA is a TM for phones

what is wrong on all of this ???

•••
Congratulations on your sale. Mind sharing the number of people you contacted and your email content?

•••
Wow, $500, sure beats selling domains on namepros for $1-$2 while pretending to be some photoshopped google image chick.

Your off to the races now, Don't listen to M Ehrhardt he just spigots click bait on namepros, just chasing a dream, of a 4 figure sale.

These people are just keeping their lights on with these kind of sales, this is not a business model, or any type of success story.

•••
"Whoever Has the Gold Makes the Rules"

IANAL but I can reasonably make the connection that the OP registered the domain name in bad faith to attempt to make money off of Toyota's brand.

Toyota is one of the largest automobile manufacturers in the world. They likely have a large legal team just itching to prove their worth to Toyota.

Don't be fooled into thinking that by living outside of the United States makes you out of their reach.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats with the flip, but really, don't do this again, stay away from TM. Now you can afford better and smarter investment.

•••
As always, I bought some lingerie to celebrate my domain sale. There's nothing quite like sitting around on my ipad, selling domains, wearing nothing but a pair of panties under a nice thick throw blanket. Really soothes my soul in ways you wouldn't imagine.

Right on.

•••
@Michael Ehrhardt

After all this you still cant grasp TMs...Im sure CK is a TM (havent checked), Calvin Klein is too when it comes to their industry...its that simple...dont register company names, it really is not hard to understand this

It doesnt mamatter where the word Toyota originated from..you cant sell names with it in when its related to cars

Its like saying Apple is a fruit so I can register AppleComputers.com...you can't and this is basic common sense that most newbies seem to understand

Try register AppleKeyword KiaKeyword and approach Apple or Kia with it..feel free to let us know us that goes for you...I can assure you that you wont do it because you know exactly what would happen 😉 You are just trying to show everyone that you can do what you want and nothing bothers you when know damn well you wont do it.

Last edited:
•••
As always, I bought some lingerie to celebrate my domain sale. There's nothing quite like sitting around on my ipad, selling domains, wearing nothing but a pair of panties under a nice thick throw blanket. Really soothes my soul in ways you wouldn't imagine.(y):-P

if you are not a fake or a bot
then you are at least
in the wrong forum

•••
@Michael Ehrhardt

After all this you still cant grasp TMs...Im sure CK is a TM (havent checked), Calvin Klein is too when it comes to their industry...its that simple...dont register company names, it really is not hard to understand this

It doesnt mamatter where the word Toyota originated from..you cant sell names with it in when its related to cars

Its like saying Apple is a fruit so I can register AppleComputers.com...you can't and this is basic common sense that most newbies seem to understand

Try register AppleKeyword KiaKeyword and approach Apple or Kia with it..feel free to let us know us that goes for you...I can assure you that you wont do it because you know exactly what would happen 😉 You are just trying to show everyone that you can do what you want and nothing bothers you when know damn well you wont do it.

It doesn't mamatter ??

I can

•••
@Michael Ehrhardt

AppleBicoin.com sold 1999.- N
Bin

•••
Been a while since I've posted any sales, but plenty of ppl ask me for inspiration, so here's a short story to kick off the New Year..

I hand-registered [TOYOTA] [INDY] [DOT] [COM] via godaddy on Dec 5, then sold it to a family-owned auto dealer, Ed Martin Automotive Group (EdMartin DOT com) for $500 on Dec 6. No-brainer for any Indiana-based Toyota dealer. Sure, I could've gotten more, but contacting a lot of people doesn't interest me. When I have a stellar domain, the technique sells itself.

The time it took me to get the owner's contact info, send a quick email + text, initiate the account change, then draft/send my PayPal invoice: no more than 10 minutes. I would've been paid just minutes after I reached out to them, however, it was very late in the evening(great tactic for me), so the domain was transferred and the invoice was paid first thing the next morning by the office staff.

As always, I bought some lingerie to celebrate my domain sale. There's nothing quite like sitting around on my ipad, selling domains, wearing nothing but a pair of panties under a nice thick throw blanket. Really soothes my soul in ways you wouldn't imagine.:-P

"As always, I bought some lingerie to celebrate my domain sale. There's nothing quite like sitting around on my ipad, selling domains, wearing nothing but a pair of panties under a nice thick throw blanket. Really soothes my soul in ways you wouldn't imagine.:-P
"

I dont understand this paragraph.....I never did so when I sold my names.

•••
AppleBicoin.com sold 1999.- N
Bin

Exactly, you've proved my point...another squatter bought it and has it up for sale again, nobody wants it 😉 Apple wont buy that in a million years..they'll take it if they really want it

Last edited:
•••
Exactly, you've proved my point...another squatter bought it and has it up for sale again, nobody wants it 😉 Apple wont buy that in a million years..they'll take it if they really want it
Apple could probably create their own crypto within Apple Pay, bitcoin is to slow, and fee heavy for Apples needs.

•••
Congrats...lucky you sold it that quick...if you held it to long. Toyota may have come knocking on your door with a cease and desist.

•••

stellar trademark domain, you got lucky :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back