IT.COM

.com $240 Profit From This Quick Flip

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I love quick flips!
Not sure if I should say the domain name in case someone here bought it but it was like this
xxxxxxwallets.com
bit of a brandable first word.

Bought as expired domain name for $10 - sold in 2 weeks for $250
Was a good find - catchy brandable +keyword .com which was perfect for a wallet shop.

Now to do that 10x per week :)

Might not be quick for some but from my past sales most domains I've sold have sat for at least a month before selling or negotiating the right price.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Many congratulations on your quick sale.

Did you do outbound or was it listed on some marketplace?

Wish many more come your way. Happy domaining!

•••
Many congratulations on your quick sale.

Did you do outbound or was it listed on some marketplace?

Wish many more come your way. Happy domaining!

Thanks!
Nah, I just listed it as a premium domain listing on godaddy and received an email saying it was sold a couple weeks later. Was pretty surprised actually.

•••
•••
•••
Nice one dude, gotta love em quick flips :) Congrats!

I think you are able to flip quickly because you at least placed a realistic price on the domain. Not saying it isn't worth more, just that you see it as a $10 investment and then bang out $250 sale and get good ROI... Instead of getting fixated on what the domain could be worth to the ideal buyer some time down the line...I gotta say I have been thinking about changing my model to something similar... (keep some of the real gems at high prices) but have most of the other ones as straight up "run rate" sales.. so $10/$20 investment... then sell at $250-$299 and get faster ROI. I was thinking about this yesterday and boom today I see your thread..lol Must be a sign... :)

•••
Cheers man!
hahaaha might be a sign ;)

Yeah I kept the price reasonable for that very reason - fast flip.

If I know a domain has value I will sit on it but if I know I can make a quick buck then I'm more than happy to throw it up for a cheap price to make an easy profit. The way I think is, there's plenty of domains still and plenty of golden nuggets get dropped here and there.

I know if I sit around preying for the holy grail of domain names I'll probs never find it when I could be making a steady little income from domain names like this.

Good luck if you do change the price and hope ya get a quicky ;)

•••
Cheers man!
hahaaha might be a sign ;)

Yeah I kept the price reasonable for that very reason - fast flip.

If I know a domain has value I will sit on it but if I know I can make a quick buck then I'm more than happy to throw it up for a cheap price to make an easy profit. The way I think is, there's plenty of domains still and plenty of golden nuggets get dropped here and there.

I know if I sit around preying for the holy grail of domain names I'll probs never find it when I could be making a steady little income from domain names like this.

Good luck if you do change the price and hope ya get a quicky ;)

Spot on dude.... I think the quick flip pricing model is something I'm going to implement immediately..

Will keep like 20% of my portfolio for larger sales /longer sales cycle and then change 80% to quick flip pricing model...

Will let you know if I get any quickies :)

Last edited:
•••
@deez007 please do keep us updated for sure! I'll do the same ;)

•••
Congrats bro, can you tell me how and were you grab this?

•••
Congrats bro, can you tell me how and were you grab this?
Thanks buddy!
Sure!

I found this on expireddomains.net seen it was available and registered via godaddy. Listed the domain name on godaddy premium listing (free) and it sold.

•••
Thanks bro, can you tell the expireddomains.net search feature to find some good one

•••
yeah.. it happens. My first sale was within 7 days for $500. Funny enough, i have another one right now for $500. congrats buddy.

•••
Congratulations great turnover time and good ROI. Keep it up.

most domains I've sold have sat for at least a month before selling
Did I hear a hint of a complaint there? lol
I bet every domainer's dream is to be that "unlucky" in not being able to sell for a whole month.
I'm auctioning a domain right now at (Domaining Europe) that I sat on for 22 years. Ouch!

Great job!

•••
•••
•••
I love quick flips!
Not sure if I should say the domain name in case someone here bought it but it was like this
xxxxxxwallets.com
bit of a brandable first word.

Bought as expired domain name for $10 - sold in 2 weeks for $250
Was a good find - catchy brandable +keyword .com which was perfect for a wallet shop.

Now to do that 10x per week :)

Might not be quick for some but from my past sales most domains I've sold have sat for at least a month before selling or negotiating the right price.

Congrats, You just did what every little domainer is trying to do here. Thanks for sharing your story. :)

•••
yeah.. it happens. My first sale was within 7 days for $500. Funny enough, i have another one right now for $500. congrats buddy.

That's awesome! Congrats to you also :)

Congratulations great turnover time and good ROI. Keep it up.

Did I hear a hint of a complaint there? lol
I bet every domainer's dream is to be that "unlucky" in not being able to sell for a whole month.
I'm auctioning a domain right now at (Domaining Europe) that I sat on for 22 years. Ouch!

Great job!

Thanks!
Not so much a complaint just thought it was cool it sold so fast. 22 years is a long time, hope its well worth the wait for you though. Good luck!

Congrats, You just did what every little domainer is trying to do here. Thanks for sharing your story. :)

Thank you!
Hopefully it inspires others that it can be done.

@Andrei B and @AIS01 Thanks :)

•••
Thanks!
Not so much a complaint just thought it was cool it sold so fast. 22 years is a long time, hope its well worth the wait for you though. Good luck!
Thanks. I hope so too. It's at 10K right now, 17 more days to go.

•••
Thanks. I hope so too. It's at 10K right now, 17 more days to go.
$10k wow nice one man!
With 17 days to go I'm sure it will go well beyond that :)

•••
•••
Nice one dude, gotta love em quick flips :) Congrats!

I think you are able to flip quickly because you at least placed a realistic price on the domain. Not saying it isn't worth more, just that you see it as a $10 investment and then bang out $250 sale and get good ROI... Instead of getting fixated on what the domain could be worth to the ideal buyer some time down the line...I gotta say I have been thinking about changing my model to something similar... (keep some of the real gems at high prices) but have most of the other ones as straight up "run rate" sales.. so $10/$20 investment... then sell at $250-$299 and get faster ROI. I was thinking about this yesterday and boom today I see your thread..lol Must be a sign... :)

Exactly by selling a domain for a fast realistic price ok you lose on the big price but it enable you to renew a few dot Coms I think your portfolio for another year effectively buy 10?+ dot Coms by a year giving you more time to achieve the bigger prices on those domains.

Or you could always do what I do lol

Eg buy them let them expire and watch multi million dollar companies buy my domains for reg fee lol

•••
I could make more money from domain investing by writing a book on how not to invest in domains lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back