IT.COM

.com $1100 in 25 minutes #BcuzYouAsked

NameSilo
Watch

Bikini Tara

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Many have messaged me asking all sorts of random questions, as you can imagine.
Two popular questions, though: You're a domainer? Do you wear bikinis when you meet people?
Yes to both.

First off, I'm just a beginner. I'm far from a Rick Latona or Rick Schwartz. But Rick Latona is the guy who motivated me to buy my first domain name more than 15 years ago. One thing Latona told me, "With the RIGHT domain name, profits will follow."

For those of you who know me, I like to surround myself around entrepreneurs I can ACTUALLY learn from, hence, I remain close to rich domainers who have made a ton of money flipping domains. Money is fun and I like money.. and fun, so why wouldn't I, right? Success inspires me.

Now for me, I don't spend much for domains. In fact, I've never spent over $9.17 for one. 99.9993% of my domains are hand-registered. Why? Quite-frankly, they're easier to flip (for me, at least). I don't like working too hard. Domaining is a hobby. Just something to do while in traffic, on the plane, or in the Whole Foods checkout line.

Just know, when it comes to investing, I don't enjoy using much of my monies. Not that I have a fear of losing. I mean, why should I? To me, it doesn't make sense. Every millionaire/billionaire I've had the pleasure of being around has reminded me of the importance of OPM(Other People's Money).

So hand-registering a domain every week for less than 10 bucks, then flipping for $500+ is pretty stellar ROI as far as I'm concerned. I never lose because my ROI for one domain outweighs the entire transaction.

While browsing NamePros pages back in June, I witnessed several 'drone' postings. Just so happens, I read a domain blog the day prior about billionaire Richard Branson and some dude named Bill Kimberlin(they're good friends now), who, at the time, I'd never heard of, hanging out on Nectar Island. Just google it, plenty motivational stories about their initial meet-n-greet. In 2000, serial entrepreneur Bill Kimberlin acquired Medicare(dot)com for a couple thousand bucks, then turned around and sold it for $4.8MILLION in 2015.

After reading a couple articles, I realized Bill's passion has always been in the media + film industries, especially drones. So with the profits of the mega domain sale, Bill set up a new venture, 500Below, developed a cool app, then purchased ParamountDrones.com.

What happens next? Yup, I secured paramountdrone.com.
For the TOTAL time it took me to buy the domain, set up a @paramountdrone email account and send 2 separate emails offering to sell the domain name: approx 25 minutes.

First, I sent Bill a one-character, helicopter emoji text message(this does something to ppl psychologically -- phenomenal tactic), then followed with my irresistible email. Have you know, Bill kindly rejected my offer a week later on July 4th weekend. Was it pride? Must've been pride. Who knows. He surely had the money. And knowing this, I moved on. I don't do too much negotiating. You miss out, you miss out.

And since I wasn't going to drop my asking price, I moved on to ParamountGroup(dot)com. They partner with federal military agencies, so not only do they have hella cash, but I read a press release on their website illustrating the implementation of drones in the near future. #Perfect

I emailed the Chairman/CEO (always go to the top, ALWAYS -- middlemen are a waste of time) on a Friday evening(the best days) and 8 minutes later.. a reply from the company's Communications head: SOLD.

PayPal doesn't support payments from South Africa, so I setup a Square account, emailed the invoice and was paid $1100 USD ten minutes later. #ImAlwaysOpenToLearn #ThinkBIG #AchieveBIG

Kicked my 4th of July weekend off by purchasing 11 godaddy domains for $100.87, 2 pair of black panties and a strawberry Nesquik.

bill.png par.png
bill.png
par.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Congrats on the Sale! Amazing Story

•••
HOLY sh*t - If this is true - I'm blown away. And am very sorry to

I think you nailed it right here.

This whole thread made me lose IQ points. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
I'm so confused. Congrats either way! :wacky:

•••
I bought a few domains from Tara a few months ago and much like you Grilled, was doing my due diligence (bikini pictures have that effect on me!) and as someone who used to live and work as a real estate broker in the Tampa Bay area, I was intrigued, so after my semi thorough research, found that Tara is indeed, the real deal and is indeed a bikini wearing domainer, super model, business mogul extraordinaire! She's a terrific writer too! :xf.wink:

P.S. I believe she's a colleague of Tony Fortune!
Thank you. And yes, Bachelor Fortune is a very dear friend and business partner.

•••
•••
I'm so confused. Congrats either way! :wacky:

LOL...confusion is a beautiful state to be in...I am there often...just met someone over drinks and sold a domain while sitting a round top table...it was an okay domain, but thought the buyer was someone else than I expected...50ish is what I thought...he was maybe 20 at the most...we had a blast...many fireball shots and both left happy...domaining is awesome!

•••
I think the difference is she made it, she sold it and that guy got a cease and exit letter. Haven't we worship winner even though they did all crooky thing to achieve it ?

I'm perplexed as to how this community bashed that guy who bought the Chumlee domains but someone comes along with a pic of a girl in a thong, does nearly the same thing and they get congratulated?

•••
•••
Congrats! Here is to many more sales in the near future! This has definitely motivated me to do some more outbound in the near future! Keep it up Tara :)

•••
•••
Dont judge a book by its cover i guess.

Good luck on your ventures.. like you writing style ;)

•••
congrats and your speculation worked.

•••
Great sale and story... Just imagine if this wasn't an hobby for you.

•••
Great story @Bikini Tara, thanks for sharing. I must say though, I agree with @jideofor, I think you should really consider asking a mod to delete the email addresses from this post.

•••
Nice job and congrats on the quick sale! You provided some very helpful tips! Being easy on the eyes never hurt a soul! :)

•••
•••
hey,
by the way paramountdrones.com owned by bachelorinc.com (is it Bill's venture)

•••
Sold to a billionaire today!
Details coming in tomorrow's BikiniThursday post!
I partnered with another namepros user and very much thankful for the opportunity to assist in the transaction. He read my last post last week and capitalized on it. No, we didn't make millions or even thousands, but the sale was much faster than 25 minutes lol. I just want to show the namepros community how quick and easy a buck can be made. All in the thinkBIG mindset, right? Of course, it is.Stay tuned! :xf.wink:

•••
•••
Your positive attitude is always refreshing and energizing Tara, and it's why I believe you could sell bikini's to Eskimos! Can't wait to hear the details! Cheers!!

•••
Domaining is tantalizing just as with the bikini.
A mere thought of it runs a wild and uncontrollable imagination.
Congrats @Bikini Tara

•••
Don't know why but this thread looks faker than Kardashian's tits.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back