IT.COM

.com $240 Profit From This Quick Flip

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I love quick flips!
Not sure if I should say the domain name in case someone here bought it but it was like this
xxxxxxwallets.com
bit of a brandable first word.

Bought as expired domain name for $10 - sold in 2 weeks for $250
Was a good find - catchy brandable +keyword .com which was perfect for a wallet shop.

Now to do that 10x per week :)

Might not be quick for some but from my past sales most domains I've sold have sat for at least a month before selling or negotiating the right price.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Exactly by selling a domain for a fast realistic price ok you lose on the big price but it enable you to renew a few dot Coms I think your portfolio for another year effectively buy 10?+ dot Coms by a year giving you more time to achieve the bigger prices on those domains.

Or you could always do what I do lol

Eg buy them let them expire and watch multi million dollar companies buy my domains for reg fee lol

I totally agree. Would be the perfect way of getting into domaining as a newbie as well - get your feet wet by making those first few small sales but continue to invest and build a bit of a portfolio.

•••
•••
•••
Not sure if I should say the domain name in case someone here bought it but it was like this
xxxxxxwallets.com

That was me.

Just flipped it again for xx,xxx :xf.wink:

psych! :xf.laugh:

•••
•••
That was me.

Just flipped it again for xx,xxx :xf.wink:

psych! :xf.laugh:
HAHAHAHAA! DAMN YOU lol :xf.laugh:

That would be funny if you did. I'm still happy with it though, gave me some motivation to get back into domaining.

•••
I think one reason flips occur is because there are many people watching gd auctions, drops etc.. and sometimes we get busy and forget about the auction or miss it entirely but may still have interest in the name. They go back and check to see who picked it up and see a low price and buy it on the spot if the price is right.

I think it may be a new strategy that I may play with. Buy names and price them for low to mid XXX for the first 2 months and if I get no bites then bump up the price for months 3-10 and if I don't want to hold the name longer then a year bring the price back down to low to mid XXX for months 11 and 12 to try and blow the name out before expiration. This is an example below of what I'm talking about. Basically the first two months and the last two months I try and target wholesale pricing and the eight months in the middle I target end users. I would figure that if a domainer missed an auction or drop that they would find out what happened to the name within the first two months which gives them ample time to pull the trigger on the name and the last two months to buy the name before it hits the auction. Something to think about.

month 1- $299
month 2 - $299
month 3 - $999
month 4 - $999
month 5 - $999
month 6 - $999
month 7 - $999
month 8 - $999
month 9 - $999
month 10 - $999
month 11 - $299
month 12 - $299

•••
I think one reason flips occur is because there are many people watching gd auctions, drops etc.. and sometimes we get busy and forget about the auction or miss it entirely but may still have interest in the name. They go back and check to see who picked it up and see a low price and buy it on the spot if the price is right.

I think it may be a new strategy that I may play with. Buy names and price them for low to mid XXX for the first 2 months and if I get no bites then bump up the price for months 3-10 and if I don't want to hold the name longer then a year bring the price back down to low to mid XXX for months 11 and 12 to try and blow the name out before expiration. This is an example below of what I'm talking about. Basically the first two months and the last two months I try and target wholesale pricing and the eight months in the middle I target end users. I would figure that if a domainer missed an auction or drop that they would find out what happened to the name within the first two months which gives them ample time to pull the trigger on the name and the last two months to buy the name before it hits the auction. Something to think about.

month 1- $299
month 2 - $299
month 3 - $999
month 4 - $999
month 5 - $999
month 6 - $999
month 7 - $999
month 8 - $999
month 9 - $999
month 10 - $999
month 11 - $299
month 12 - $299

That's definitely a nice looking strategy. Thanks!

•••
Back