Dynadot

.com $500 in 10 min - quick flip

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bikini Tara

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Been a while since I've posted any sales, but plenty of ppl ask me for inspiration, so here's a short story to kick off the New Year..

I hand-registered [TOYOTA] [INDY] [DOT] [COM] via godaddy on Dec 5, then sold it to a family-owned auto dealer, Ed Martin Automotive Group (EdMartin DOT com) for $500 on Dec 6. No-brainer for any Indiana-based Toyota dealer. Sure, I could've gotten more, but contacting a lot of people doesn't interest me. When I have a stellar domain, the technique sells itself.

The time it took me to get the owner's contact info, send a quick email + text, initiate the account change, then draft/send my PayPal invoice: no more than 10 minutes. I would've been paid just minutes after I reached out to them, however, it was very late in the evening(great tactic for me), so the domain was transferred and the invoice was paid first thing the next morning by the office staff.

As always, I bought some lingerie to celebrate my domain sale. There's nothing quite like sitting around on my ipad, selling domains, wearing nothing but a pair of panties under a nice thick throw blanket. Really soothes my soul in ways you wouldn't imagine.:-P

To much success this 2018 domainers!!! #thinkBIG(y)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

www.nissan.com

Nissan Motor vs. Nissan Computer

Nissan Motor lawsuit against Nissan Computer
(named after its founder and current president, Mr. Uzi Nissan) for Trademark Infringement, Trademark Dilution and Cyber-Squatting, seeking 10 Million Dollars in damages. This is after more than 20 years of Mr. Nissan's well-documented prior use of his family name for business purposes in the United States, and which he commenced when the cars were known as DATSUN.
Go To The Full Story

•••
some people are trapped in a cave :)

•••
now you see how insane this is :

COFFEE

• 50|100 results per page

Case Number Domain(s) Complainant Respondent Ruleset Status
    bestbuycoffeemakers.com
    BBY Solutions, Inc. NAMECHEAP NAMECHEAP / NAMECHEAP UDRP07-Nov-2017D2017-0365
    jacobscoffee.com
    Jacobs Douwe Egberts DE GmbH Hola Domains, Hola Dominios Limitada12-Apr-20171715871
    cariboucoffeebagelry.com
    Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. jau Khan UDRP09-Mar-20171703352
    ashleyfurniturecoffeetables.xyz
    ashleyfurniturecoffeetable.xyz
    ashleybedroomfurniture.xyz
    SUSPENDED DEFAULT
21-Dec-2016
D2016-1887
bodum.coffee
bodum.cooking
bodum.kitchen
TRANSFER
10-Nov-2016
D2016-1450
bialetti.coffee
bialetti.cooking
bialetti.kitchen
Bialetti Industrie S.p.A. Onno Brantjes, Stichting Taxaceae
05-Sep-2016
D2016-0472
rehab.coffee
Monster Energy Company Serhan K. Yasar
16-May-2016
D2015-0593
segafredo.coffee
Segafredo-Zanetti S.p.A. Dimitris Grigori
29-May-2015
dunkin.coffee
DD IP Holder LLC Phill Aspden UDRP
08-Apr-2015
maxwellhouse.coffee
- - URS WITHDRAWN
maxwell-house.coffee
Kraft Foods Group Brands LLC Domains By Proxy, LLC et al. URS
16-Oct-2014
bluebottlecoffeeco.net
bluebottlecoffeeco.com
Blue Bottle Coffee, LLC LEE JUN SOO UDRP
29-Apr-2014
coffeedirect.com
Coffee Bean Direct LLC Claude Pope
12-Nov-2013
maximumslimcoffee.com
Citi Financial Lending, Inc. Den Franklin / Albert Mal UDRP
17-Aug-2012
blue-mountain-coffee.com
Blue Mountain Coffee, Inc. Fundacion Private Whois / Domain Administrator UDRP
21-May-2012
D2010-0567
sangiorgiocoffee.com
San Giorgio Coffee, Inc. Marc DeCaria / Domains by Proxy, Inc.
10-Jun-2010
coffeeberry.com
VDF FutureCeuticals, Inc. Barbara Camisa UDRP
08-Jun-2010
D2010-0162
coffeedirect.com
Coffee Bean Direct Corporation Claude Pope
05-Apr-2010
discountedcoffee.com
discountcoffee.net
discount-coffee.net
Discount Coffee.com Inc c/o Kirby Newbury WCM Investments, Inc. c/o William McClure UDRP
21-Sep-2009
coffeeberrymask.com
VDF FutureCeuticals, Inc. Private c/o Michael Anderson UDRP
29-Sep-2009
12 Next »

DON<T DRINK COFFEE ANYMORE :)

•••
•••
•••

@Michael Ehrhardt , I think you're focusing on situations where people are legitimately using a domain name that happens to contain a TM that is owned by someone else. When the TM holder goes after the domain owner in those cases, they tend to lose because they are not able to prove bad faith on the part of the domain owner.

The reason this Toyota name differs from your examples is because it was very clearly purchased in bad faith. The OP bought the name and approached a TM holder of "Toyota" with the intention to make a profit. She is profiting from the existence of a brand that was given value by the TM holder. This is the key point. Intent to profit on the back of someone else's trademarked name is a clear no-no.

The same would have been true if she had registered the name and started a website selling automobile accessories. However, if she had used the name to build a site promoting independent music artists... likely no TM issue.

•••
Haha... This is one funny short story. I am skeptical but congrats. Wishing more and more success to all NP members in 2018!

•••
When "smart" thinking turns you into a pure dumb, without noticing.

•••
•••
@Michael Ehrhardt , I think you're focusing on situations where people are legitimately using a domain name that happens to contain a TM that is owned by someone else. When the TM holder goes after the domain owner in those cases, they tend to lose because they are not able to prove bad faith on the part of the domain owner.

The reason this Toyota name differs from your examples is because it was very clearly purchased in bad faith. The OP bought the name and approached a TM holder of "Toyota" with the intention to make a profit. She is profiting from the existence of a brand that was given value by the TM holder. This is the key point. Intent to profit on the back of someone else's trademarked name is a clear no-no.

The same would have been true if she had registered the name and started a website selling automobile accessories. However, if she had used the name to build a site promoting independent music artists... likely no TM issue.

Did you know that even the @ ( Email Sign ) is trademarked ?

:)

Insane .pls don't use the @ anymore

•••
These people focus so hard on trying to get an easy $100-$500 sale, they really miss the big prize in using your imagination, or actual market based research to find something unique, where you can score big, That $500 will be blown on more crap domains, that will be auctioned off at namepros for $1.

•••

Thanks Kate for that makes sense to look at all cases. Brings up an interesting point, as OP was using a Trademarked name being sold cheap to what I assume is an "authorized toyota" dealer. Doing so is risky, and obviously makes no logical sense in general practice or as some sort of fringe area business plan. Not condoing or defending any of it.

However,
OP sold the name cheaper than a UDRP. SO..... hypothetically say if OP were less intelligent and were to have asked say a lot more money like $3000 for the Name instead, it would have been a worthwhile move of the Toyota dealer to file a UDRP like in the case below- and results negative as a reputation strike against His/Her name (not sure OP really is a female), and black eye for the rest of us in this business who do not go about registering non trademarked names. But selling it cheap it worked out.

24-Mar-2009 12:00am toyotaofdesmoines.com Toyota of Des Moines vs Administrator

Just thinking here, that "administrator" could have sold it to Toyota of Des Moines for $500 instead. Win, Win sort of. Lol.

randallnoetoyota.com- this one is interesting, must not have been an "Authorized" Toyota Dealer.
26-May-2008

toyota-sunnyvale.com- transferred. Shoulda sold it instead for $500. lol.

03-Nov-2005- D2005-0789 johnelwaytoyota.com AutoNation Holding Corp. took the name from Asia Ventures, Inc.I assume Autonation must be authorized dealer.

Most of the rest on the list are obvious infringements taken up my Toyota themselves as opposed to dealers like ToyotaRacing, Toyotacard, etc.

Last edited:
•••
@Michael Ehrhardt

And those posts above prove why you are still struggling to make any sales 2 years into this game. Taking a little advice from people would have helped you 18 months ago when it was offered but your stubborness has been your downfall....Im unwatching this thread now 😉

I do wish you the best of luck in 2018

•••
Usually bikinis sells faster, costlier than others. Not everyone not lucky to have a ready customer to buy a trademarked domain name.

•••
so WHO own the TOYOTA Trademark ??? :)

refferlisteneintrag 9 / 112, Registerauskunft
Registernummer: 2055547
Marke eingetragen
Stand am: 04.01.2018

Zurück zur Einsteigerrecherche Zurück zur Trefferliste

Registerauskunft von 112 |<<>>|

Details schließen
INID Kriterium Feld Inhalt
Datenbestand DB DE
111 Registernummer RN 2055547
210 Altes Aktenzeichen AKZ T34411
540 Wiedergabe der Marke WM
550 Markenform MF Wort-Bildmarke
551 Markenkategorie MK Individualmarke
220 Anmeldetag AT 08.02.1993
442 Tag der Bekanntmachung BT 31.07.1993
151 Tag der Eintragung im Register ET 01.02.1994
156 Verlängerung der Schutzdauer VBD 01.03.2013
730 Inhaber INH Toyota Jidosha K.K., Toyota Aichi, JP
740 Vertreter VTR Kuhnen & Wacker Patent- und Rechtsanwaltsbüro, 85354 Freising, DE
750 Zustellanschrift ZAN Kuhnen & Wacker Patent- und Rechtsanwaltsbüro, Postfach 1964, 85319 Freising
511 Klasse(n) Nizza KL 37
531 Bildklasse(n) (Wien) WBK 27.05.09, 27.05.10
Aktenzustand AST Marke eingetragen
180 Schutzendedatum VED 28.02.2023
450 Tag der Veröffentlichung VT 15.03.1994
510 Waren- / Dienstleistungsverzeichnis WDV Klasse(n) Nizza 37:
Kundendienst, Erhaltung und Instandsetzung von Kraftfahrzeugen

Trefferlisteneintrag 103/112, Auskunft zu einer Unionsmarke
Nummer der Marke: 016427635
Marke eingetragen
Stand am: 4. Januar 2018

Hinweis: Für einen aktuellen Rechts- und Verfahrensstand bei Unionsmarken verwenden Sie bitte die Datenbank eSearch plus der registerführenden Behörde.

Anträge, Widersprüche oder Löschungen zu Unionsmarken bitte direkt an das EUIPO senden.

Details schließen
Tag der erstmaligen Übernahme der Unionsmarke in DPMAregister EUFT 07.03.2017
Datenbestand DB EM
111/210 Nummer der Marke AKZ/RN 016427635
Wortlaut der Marke WM TOYOTA MOBILITY FOUNDATION
Erlangte Unterscheidungskraft Nein
270 Erste Sprache Englisch
270 Zweite Sprache Französisch
550 Markenform MF Wort-/Bildmarke
550 Markenform Unionsmarken EUIPOMF Bildmarke
591 Bezeichnung der Farben FA Rot; Granatfarben; Grau.
220 Anmeldetag AT 01.03.2017
151 Tag der Eintragung im Register ET 28.07.2017
730 Inhaber INH TOYOTA MOBILITY FOUNDATION, 112-8701, Tokyo, JP
740 Vertreter VTR STOBBS, CB24 9ZR, Cambridge, GB
511 Klasse(n) Nizza KL 36

Unionspriorität PRD
PRN
PRC

Prioritätsdatum: 23.02.2017
Aktenzeichen der ausländischen Anmeldung: 87346845
Staat: US
Verfahrensstand: Beansprucht
Teilpriorität beansprucht: Nein
531 Bildklasse(n) (Wien) WBK 25.05.99, 29.01.01, 29.01.96
Aktenzustand Unionsmarken EUIPOAST Marke eingetragen
180 Ablaufdatum VED 01.03.2027
510 Waren- / Dienstleistungsverzeichnis WDV Klasse(n) Nizza 36: Versicherungswesen; Finanzwesen; Geldgeschäfte; Immobilienwesen; Sammeln von Spenden für Wohltätigkeitszwecke; Finanzielle Beratung; Finanzielle Schätzungen [Versicherungs-, Bank-, Grundstücksangelegenheiten]; Erteilung von Finanzauskünften; Vermögensverwaltung; Finanzielle Förderung; Finanzierungen; Anlegen von Kapital für Dritte; Immobilienverwaltung; Beratung in Bezug auf Finanzangelegenheiten; Erteilen von Finanzauskünften; Finanzdienstleistungen betreffend Kapitalanlagen; Finanzverwaltungsdienste; Finanzdienstleistungen in Bezug auf Immobilien; Beratung in Bezug auf Immobilienbesitz; Beratung bei der Bewertung von Immobilien; Immobilienberatung; Verwaltung von Investmentfonds; Verwaltung von Finanzfonds; Treuhandverwaltung von Fondsvermögen; Vergabe von Finanzzuschüssen; Investition von Fonds für gemeinnützige Zwecke; Sammeln von Spenden für gemeinnützige Zwecke im Bereich des Klimaschutzes; Finanzberatung in Bezug auf Infrastrukturinvestitionen; Dienstleistungen einer wohltätigen Stiftung, Nämlich, Gewährung finanzieller Unterstützung und Beratung in Bezug auf Herausforderungen des städtischen Nahverkehrs und die Verbesserung der persönlichen Mobilität; Information und Beratung in Bezug auf vorstehend genannte Leistungen.

Veröffentlichung

Blattnummer: 2017/075
Tag der Veröffentlichung: 20.04.2017
Teil: A.1

Source

https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/trefferliste

•••
so WHO own the TOYOTA Trademark ??? :)

refferlisteneintrag 9 / 112, Registerauskunft
Registernummer: 2055547
Marke eingetragen
Stand am: 04.01.2018

Details schließen
Datenbestand DB DE
111 Registernummer RN 2055547
210 Altes Aktenzeichen AKZ T34411
550 Markenform MF Wort-Bildmarke
220 Anmeldetag AT 08.02.1993
442 Tag der Bekanntmachung BT 31.07.1993
151 Tag der Eintragung im Register ET 01.02.1994
156 Verlängerung der Schutzdauer VBD 01.03.2013
730 Inhaber INH Toyota Jidosha K.K., Toyota Aichi, JP
740 Vertreter VTR Kuhnen & Wacker Patent- und Rechtsanwaltsbüro, 85354 Freising, DE
750 Zustellanschrift ZAN Kuhnen & Wacker Patent- und Rechtsanwaltsbüro, Postfach 1964, 85319 Freising
511 Klasse(n) Nizza KL 37
531 Bildklasse(n) (Wien) WBK 27.05.09, 27.05.10
Aktenzustand AST Marke eingetragen
180 Schutzendedatum VED 28.02.2023
450 Tag der Veröffentlichung VT 15.03.1994
510 Waren- / Dienstleistungsverzeichnis WDV Klasse(n) Nizza 37:
Kundendienst, Erhaltung und Instandsetzung von Kraftfahrzeugen

Trefferlisteneintrag 103/112, Auskunft zu einer Unionsmarke
Nummer der Marke: 016427635
Marke eingetragen
Stand am: 4. Januar 2018

Hinweis: Für einen aktuellen Rechts- und Verfahrensstand bei Unionsmarken verwenden Sie bitte die Datenbank eSearch plus der registerführenden Behörde.

Anträge, Widersprüche oder Löschungen zu Unionsmarken bitte direkt an das EUIPO senden.

Details schließen
Tag der erstmaligen Übernahme der Unionsmarke in DPMAregister EUFT 07.03.2017
Datenbestand DB EM
111/210 Nummer der Marke AKZ/RN 016427635
Wortlaut der Marke WM TOYOTA MOBILITY FOUNDATION
Erlangte Unterscheidungskraft Nein
270 Erste Sprache Englisch
270 Zweite Sprache Französisch
550 Markenform MF Wort-/Bildmarke
550 Markenform Unionsmarken EUIPOMF Bildmarke
591 Bezeichnung der Farben FA Rot; Granatfarben; Grau.
220 Anmeldetag AT 01.03.2017
151 Tag der Eintragung im Register ET 28.07.2017
730 Inhaber INH TOYOTA MOBILITY FOUNDATION, 112-8701, Tokyo, JP
740 Vertreter VTR STOBBS, CB24 9ZR, Cambridge, GB
511 Klasse(n) Nizza KL 36

Unionspriorität PRD
PRN
PRC

Prioritätsdatum: 23.02.2017
Aktenzeichen der ausländischen Anmeldung: 87346845
Staat: US
Verfahrensstand: Beansprucht
Teilpriorität beansprucht: Nein
531 Bildklasse(n) (Wien) WBK 25.05.99, 29.01.01, 29.01.96
Aktenzustand Unionsmarken EUIPOAST Marke eingetragen
180 Ablaufdatum VED 01.03.2027
510 Waren- / Dienstleistungsverzeichnis WDV Klasse(n) Nizza 36: Versicherungswesen; Finanzwesen; Geldgeschäfte; Immobilienwesen; Sammeln von Spenden für Wohltätigkeitszwecke; Finanzielle Beratung; Finanzielle Schätzungen [Versicherungs-, Bank-, Grundstücksangelegenheiten]; Erteilung von Finanzauskünften; Vermögensverwaltung; Finanzielle Förderung; Finanzierungen; Anlegen von Kapital für Dritte; Immobilienverwaltung; Beratung in Bezug auf Finanzangelegenheiten; Erteilen von Finanzauskünften; Finanzdienstleistungen betreffend Kapitalanlagen; Finanzverwaltungsdienste; Finanzdienstleistungen in Bezug auf Immobilien; Beratung in Bezug auf Immobilienbesitz; Beratung bei der Bewertung von Immobilien; Immobilienberatung; Verwaltung von Investmentfonds; Verwaltung von Finanzfonds; Treuhandverwaltung von Fondsvermögen; Vergabe von Finanzzuschüssen; Investition von Fonds für gemeinnützige Zwecke; Sammeln von Spenden für gemeinnützige Zwecke im Bereich des Klimaschutzes; Finanzberatung in Bezug auf Infrastrukturinvestitionen; Dienstleistungen einer wohltätigen Stiftung, Nämlich, Gewährung finanzieller Unterstützung und Beratung in Bezug auf Herausforderungen des städtischen Nahverkehrs und die Verbesserung der persönlichen Mobilität; Information und Beratung in Bezug auf vorstehend genannte Leistungen.

Veröffentlichung

Blattnummer: 2017/075
Tag der Veröffentlichung: 20.04.2017
Teil: A.1

Source

https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/trefferliste

If you have a look on the global brand database, it looks as though Toyota Motor Corporation owns them all (or at least the vast majority), and they all have some kind of association with automobiles, automobile accessories, auto insurance, etc. They even own the TM for the Toyota Mobility Foundation you listed above (a non-profit they founded to "enrich lives around the world with safe and responsible ways of moving people").

So if you're registering a "Toyota" domain name in order to develop a site completely unrelated to cars, I think you ought to be in the clear. Same if you're trying to sell it to any company unaffiliated with cars or with the Toyota Motor Corporation. Of course this particular company/brand is so vast and widely known that I'd probably just avoid ever buying a name with "Toyota" in it. If I were hell-bent on building a site on a name like this, I would definitely consult a TM lawyer first, just to be safe.

•••
@Michael Ehrhardt

After all this you still cant grasp TMs...Im sure CK is a TM (havent checked), Calvin Klein is too when it comes to their industry...its that simple...dont register company names, it really is not hard to understand this

It doesnt mamatter where the word Toyota originated from..you cant sell names with it in when its related to cars

Its like saying Apple is a fruit so I can register AppleComputers.com...you can't and this is basic common sense that most newbies seem to understand

Try register AppleKeyword KiaKeyword and approach Apple or Kia with it..feel free to let us know us that goes for you...I can assure you that you wont do it because you know exactly what would happen 😉 You are just trying to show everyone that you can do what you want and nothing bothers you when know damn well you wont do it.
I can confirm. I spent a few hundred handregging what I THOUGHT were KILLER names. Thinking “holy shit why are these available?!?!” Now I know why, because it’s illegal lmao If Toyota saw OP was selling this name, they would either forcibly seize it, or sue her :) even with this post up, They can see this anytime in the next year, two years, and BAM! Lawsuit lol

Heres a few that i’m still bagholding:

Apple-Crypto.com
Amazon-Crypto.com
Apple-Cryptocurrency.com

OBVIOUS trademarks, no one would touch these and I don’t blame em.

Last edited:
•••
Just saw ToyotaFoundation.com in the deleted list if anyone wants to have a go. ;)

•••
Just saw ToyotaFoundation.com in the deleted list if anyone wants to have a go. ;)
Previous owner is a cyber squatter from India, who gave it 3 years, and couldn't sell them, they also own

chevroletfoundation.com
dominosfoundation.org
dominosfoundation.com
ferrarifoundation.com
fiatfoundation.org
fiatfoundation.com
hondafoundation.com
intelfoundation.com
joinedgenerations.com
jpmorganfoundation.org
lamborghinifoundation.com
mazdafoundation.com
mclarenfoundation.org
mercedesfoundation.org
nissanfoundation.org
peugeotfoundation.com
peugeotfoundation.org
renaultfoundation.com
suzukifoundation.com
suzukifoundation.org
volkswagenfoundation.org

A waste of good money for sure.

Don't encourage other's you could end up costing someone their home, the penalty is $100K per offence.

•••
Previous owner is a cyber squatter from India, who gave it 3 years, and couldn't sell them, they also own

chevroletfoundation.com
dominosfoundation.org
dominosfoundation.com
ferrarifoundation.com
fiatfoundation.org
fiatfoundation.com
hondafoundation.com
intelfoundation.com
joinedgenerations.com
jpmorganfoundation.org
lamborghinifoundation.com
mazdafoundation.com
mclarenfoundation.org
mercedesfoundation.org
nissanfoundation.org
peugeotfoundation.com
peugeotfoundation.org
renaultfoundation.com
suzukifoundation.com
suzukifoundation.org
volkswagenfoundation.org

A waste of good money for sure.

Don't encourage other's you could end up costing someone their home, the penalty is $100K per offence.

It was meant as a tongue-in-cheek comment, but your point is taken. I'm certainly not advocating that anyone should register the name.

•••
I find it hard to believe an auto dealer would spend $500 for that domain.

Regardless, Gary King will be getting more email than usual.

•••
Good Job

don, t listen to people who are jealous

there is no Trademark issue !!

Amazon.com bought Amazon.se

I wonder whether the OP could sue Michael Ehrhardt if he himself is sued at a later date for registering a trademark domain? This looks like formal advice from an experience domain trader to me, with no disclaimer attached.

•••
Offering congrats to an admitted cyber squatter is doing nothing but encouraging more TM acquisitions and attempted sales. Cyber squatters give our industry a bad name.

Don't feed the animals.

•••
"Whoever Has the Gold Makes the Rules"

IANAL but I can reasonably make the connection that the OP registered the domain name in bad faith to attempt to make money off of Toyota's brand.

Toyota is one of the largest automobile manufacturers in the world. They likely have a large legal team just itching to prove their worth to Toyota.

Don't be fooled into thinking that by living outside of the United States makes you out of their reach.
Toyota is not a US corporation.

Anyway, to the OP, its been a while since you responded to my messages.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back