NameSilo

$1 .COM, .NET, .ORG & .CA transfers - Rebel.com

Spaceship
Watch

Nick

Top Member
Impact
Not sure if this is old news, but it's new to me. I stumbled on this because I bought a domain from someone and needed an account to receive by push:

$1 to transfer up to 20 .COM, .NET, .ORG or .CA domains to Rebel.com.

I just transferred 10 over and plan to do 10 more later. Total cost for 10 was $12 (including a $00.20 ICANN fee). For what it's worth, I also had to call in because I had some questions and their phone support answered almost immediately and was pretty helpful. I like their site's UI, too. Might have to consider using them more.

Untitled-1445983159-671.png

https://www.rebel.com/DomainTransfer.aspx

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$3.99 .com .net .org .co .ca transfers + $.20 icann fee.

•••
•••
Thank you for posting this. It definitely helped put me at ease (to know there's at least one option). The only problem is this option would be very time consuming. These are domains for development though so a lot of them have different contact e-mails. I'm hoping that Rebel will reply me with an easier way to confirm the e-mail addresses already on the domains.

Contact verification rules were changed pretty significantly by ICANN in late 2013/early 2014. All new domains entering our system are subject to contact verification. Failure to verify contacts can result in domains being placed on hold (stopping the DNS from working). The verification emails should actually be sent automatically to the contact emails following the successful transfer of domains. I understand that the message regarding contact verification can appear prior to the completion of the transfer. Please know that there is no danger of the domain being placed on hold without verification attempts being made (essentially, no domain could be placed on hold without being with us for at least 10 days).

•••
Contact verification rules were changed pretty significantly by ICANN in late 2013/early 2014. All new domains entering our system are subject to contact verification. Failure to verify contacts can result in domains being placed on hold (stopping the DNS from working). The verification emails should actually be sent automatically to the contact emails following the successful transfer of domains. I understand that the message regarding contact verification can appear prior to the completion of the transfer. Please know that there is no danger of the domain being placed on hold without verification attempts being made (essentially, no domain could be placed on hold without being with us for at least 10 days).

Hi @LeeRJ - I have access to my e-mail accounts and I have no issues receiving other e-mail. The issue here is that when I try to resend the verification e-mails from inside the Rebel control panel.. no e-mail ever arrived. Even days later still checking.. and checking the spam folder.. and clicking resend multiple times. Can you please look into the issue please and try to find a fix? I guess I'm approaching the 10th day soon, and it's no fault of my own that I haven't gotten the verification e-mails yet.

I click on each link to "approve" "creation" of the contract (these are the only e-mails I've gotten from Rebel individually about each domain). However, it doesn't change the fact that the red warning is still telling me when I log in that domains could possibly be suspending if I do not verify.

•••
$1, 4, 5 are nice, but at the end of the day, if it is for only few domains don't want to bother.
I value my time and don't want to administer tens of names for hours to save few dollars.

•••
Looks like I reached this post too late for $1, but still $3.99 was a good price for 20 domains

•••
I have access to my e-mail accounts and I have no issues receiving other e-mail. The issue here is that when I try to resend the verification e-mails from inside the Rebel control panel.. no e-mail ever arrived. Even days later still checking.. and checking the spam folder.. and clicking resend multiple times.
Same issue as mine. I clicked the resend verification email button, but no verification email arriving in my inbox. I tried to send a test email to my registrant email address, and it arrived in a mere 3 seconds. So the problem is on the Rebel side, because my email address is working fine.

•••
transferered ten domains.one is finalising- the others are still pending.First time all ten apparently failed due to incorrect auth code.This has been a drawn out slow process for me and so far im not sure it was worth it just to save a few bucks.will update when sorted

•••
Hi @LeeRJ - I have access to my e-mail accounts and I have no issues receiving other e-mail. The issue here is that when I try to resend the verification e-mails from inside the Rebel control panel.. no e-mail ever arrived. Even days later still checking.. and checking the spam folder.. and clicking resend multiple times. Can you please look into the issue please and try to find a fix? I guess I'm approaching the 10th day soon, and it's no fault of my own that I haven't gotten the verification e-mails yet.

I click on each link to "approve" "creation" of the contract (these are the only e-mails I've gotten from Rebel individually about each domain). However, it doesn't change the fact that the red warning is still telling me when I log in that domains could possibly be suspending if I do not verify.

If it's a gmail account, can you check the "promotions" section? I've heard of quite a few cases where it has gone there. I've already done some work on your account to avoid any holds. I'll have more details for you shortly (Private Messaging)

•••
My transfers show "Awaiting user" too but I haven't received any email yet. I should receive the emails into 3 separate mailboxes all hosted on my own server and so far the logs show nothing.

Edit: Scratch that, all emails came

Last edited:
•••
If it's a gmail account, can you check the "promotions" section? I've heard of quite a few cases where it has gone there. I've already done some work on your account to avoid any holds. I'll have more details for you shortly (Private Messaging)

Just an update as I provide feedback to try to help with this technical issue. My Gmail inbox(es) are set up not to separate e-mail into categories. So all mail by default either appears in the Inbox or the Spam folder.

I am quite sure after sending test e-mails that the issue is on Rebel's end, that the e-mails simply don't get sent. But I called Rebel today and on the phone the person told me that the contacts are ALREADY VERIFIED, so he said that the issue is that the Rebel system thinks that the contacts are not verified, when in fact, he said everything is already verified. However, the technical issue still reminds, because when I log into my Rebel account, in fact, it still shows the warning messages. Thanks for all your help and work.

p.s: This work-around posted by another NamePros member does work to get rid of the message, but with different domains I manage with different WHOIS info it is more time consuming: https://www.namepros.com/posts/5122231/

Also, this other NamePros member seems to be having the exact same issue as me: https://www.namepros.com/posts/5133923/

Last edited:
•••
p.s: This work-around posted by another NamePros member does work to get rid of the message

It is a pain to delete each unused contact one by one. Wonder why there is no multiple select option.

Odd that, why is default whois not used for all domains transferred in? so if you buy a domain from someone, and transfer it to your Rebel account from another registrar, the whois would be that of buyers and not yours, plus 4 unwanted contacts would be created.

•••
ne1 knows when this promo epires?

Not sure about a date. But there is a limit of 2000 domain transfers.
Max 20 Domains per household

•••

Hi @LeeRJ, yes please send me a PM as soon as you can figure out this technical issue (which I guess some other customers are experiencing). I'm glad to know it's not just me who is experiencing this issue. When I called Rebel about 10 days ago, the person I spoke with on the phone also told me one of your techs would fix it, though I haven't heard back.

Everything else is great. I am still thankful you personally helped me process the transfers! That was great. Happy Thanksgiving guys

•••
$1, 4, 5 are nice, but at the end of the day, if it is for only few domains don't want to bother.
I value my time and don't want to administer tens of names for hours to save few dollars.

Hi,

I'm the Product Manager at Rebel.com. I'm sure we can find a you a competitive rate for your domains. Let's chat.

•••
Hi,

I'm the Product Manager at Rebel.com. I'm sure we can find a you a competitive rate for your domains. Let's chat.

@Steve Dufresne

Hi Steve, I and a few other Namepros users are having an issue getting to verify the e-mail addresses on our domain names. I called and e-mailed and tweeted Rebel over the last two weeks. Can you please help me fix this issue? You can send me a private message. Thank you very much.

•••
@Steve Dufresne

Hi Steve, I and a few other Namepros users are having an issue getting to verify the e-mail addresses on our domain names. I called and e-mailed and tweeted Rebel over the last two weeks. Can you please help me fix this issue? You can send me a private message. Thank you very much.

Yeah I'm currently reading through the troubles at the moment. Let's try to get this fixed without need workaround for you guys. I'll pm you for more details.

•••
Yeah I'm currently reading through the troubles at the moment. Let's try to get this fixed without need workaround for you guys. I'll pm you for more details.

No worries. Thank you for reading through it!

•••
jusst by pure accident I clicked on one of my payments to rebel for some transfers etc.. just a few 10-20$ payments. and I noticed each one of them carries an extra charge from rebel.. 5-20cents. dependintg on amount

anyone else having this?

I am using paypal debit card/mastercard to fund these.

here is shot:

upload_2015-12-1_18-49-10.png

is not paypal fee. cause under it it says that it was authorized by rebel.

•••
Hi Alcy,

This is odd. I'm having a hard time following your statement. I assume you are talking about the "Additional Authorization" section above that shows $0.22? Can you pm with more details, I may be able to help you. I work for Rebel by the way.

•••
Hi Alcy,

This is odd. I'm having a hard time following your statement. I assume you are talking about the "Additional Authorization" section above that shows $0.22? Can you pm with more details, I may be able to help you. I work for Rebel by the way.

thanks for helping me.

unfortunately its very hard for me to make it any more clear.

or to send you more details. I took screenshots and used many words to describe a very simple issue.

when you have a moment, please kindly explain why rebel is authorizing itself to charge addition few cents for each transaction. it's small change, no big deal, but it's about you authorizing yourself to use my card, and not me authorizing you.

if you can explain, I'd appreciate. thanks alot.

cheers

•••
@alcy I don't think it's anything to do with rebel or payment gateway but your card maybe. It may be because of your card being a Debit Card (Prepaid Card) type, not a credit card. And is that a final transaction? by the way, if rebel charges you, it will be directly comes to your transaction line, I mean it could be 22.22 USD directly not as additional authorization. It's better to ask paypal for more details.

•••
thanks for helping me.

unfortunately its very hard for me to make it any more clear.

or to send you more details. I took screenshots and used many words to describe a very simple issue.

when you have a moment, please kindly explain why rebel is authorizing itself to charge addition few cents for each transaction. it's small change, no big deal, but it's about you authorizing yourself to use my card, and not me authorizing you.

if you can explain, I'd appreciate. thanks alot.

cheers

Hi Alcy,

"it's small change, no big deal," If it is happening, it is a big deal. However, this is the first time I have heard of this happening with one of our customers. We use a large, reputable payment gateway to process our transactions and we do a pre-authorization of 1 dollar for fraud detection purposes but again it is only a pre-authorization, no funds are transferred. We do not directly authorize any transactions or fees that are not clearly indicated in your purchase. If you can pm a domain that you have with us, we can trace the transaction.

•••
Hi Alcy,

"it's small change, no big deal," If it is happening, it is a big deal. However, this is the first time I have heard of this happening with one of our customers. We use a large, reputable payment gateway to process our transactions and we do a pre-authorization of 1 dollar for fraud detection purposes but again it is only a pre-authorization, no funds are transferred. We do not directly authorize any transactions or fees that are not clearly indicated in your purchase. If you can pm a domain that you have with us, we can trace the transaction.

I meant small amounts of money, therefore no big deal.
bhut you are obviously correct that it is big deal if your payment system is authorizing itself to take extra money from clients. or at least me.

ok I will pm you.
unfortunately, this has not just happened on one domain but on all transactions I madee with you, which were essentially so far promo transfers.

I am sure we will have it sorted out.
thanks.

•••
@alcy I don't think it's anything to do with rebel or payment gateway but your card maybe. It may be because of your card being a Debit Card (Prepaid Card) type, not a credit card. And is that a final transaction? by the way, if rebel charges you, it will be directly comes to your transaction line, I mean it could be 22.22 USD directly not as additional authorization. It's better to ask paypal for more details.

of coursse it can be. I never said it is anyone's error. I am trying to resolve where error comes from or why its there.

so in order to do so, I will continue explining the situation here:

of course it could be paypal fee, but the reason my first thought was that it came from rebel side is because on my transaction page, below the last screenshot I showed here, it explains (or I think so) where the extra 0.20$ came from.. I post another shot:

7647676.JPG

so when I see the extrs fee coming from exactly same place as original charge, I am thinking its not paypal fee. of course, this is unresolved, so anything is possible.

thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back