IT.COM

$1 .COM, .NET, .ORG & .CA transfers - Rebel.com

NameSilo
Watch

Nick

Top Member
Impact
Not sure if this is old news, but it's new to me. I stumbled on this because I bought a domain from someone and needed an account to receive by push:

$1 to transfer up to 20 .COM, .NET, .ORG or .CA domains to Rebel.com.

I just transferred 10 over and plan to do 10 more later. Total cost for 10 was $12 (including a $00.20 ICANN fee). For what it's worth, I also had to call in because I had some questions and their phone support answered almost immediately and was pretty helpful. I like their site's UI, too. Might have to consider using them more.

Untitled-1445983159-671.png

https://www.rebel.com/DomainTransfer.aspx

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is a good deal.

Anyone have any problems with Rebel.com as their registrar?

Do they offer free privacy.. can't find mention either way on their web site.

•••
Thanks very nice deal. Just did about 10 names will see how it goes.

•••
I opened an account and transferred some domains there and I just used them to register a domain today as well. Everything went very smoothly. Much faster than Godaddy's site. New .com reg are $9.99 without any coupon necessary. I really appreciate their generous offers especially now that it's so hard to find such money saving offers anymore. I would never want privacy, so it doesn't bother me that it cost an extra $7.95 per year for it.

•••
•••
What's the catch?

I know 1&1 also offers $1 stuffs in the past, but nobody dared to bite it.

Just inquiring.

•••
Not sure if this is old news, but it's new to me. I stumbled on this because I bought a domain from someone and needed an account to receive by push:

$1 to transfer up to 20 .COM, .NET, .ORG or .CA domains to Rebel.com.

I just transferred 10 over and plan to do 10 more later. Total cost for 10 was $12 (including a $00.20 ICANN fee). For what it's worth, I also had to call in because I had some questions and their phone support answered almost immediately and was pretty helpful. I like their site's UI, too. Might have to consider using them more.

Untitled-1445983159-671.png

https://www.rebel.com/DomainTransfer.aspx
Thanks man.

•••
What's the catch?

I know 1&1 also offers $1 stuffs in the past, but nobody dared to bite it.

Just inquiring.

Exactly my thought! Anything that is cheap is cheap for a reason! Food for thought indeed.

•••
Yes 1and1 sucks big time. But unlike 1and1, Rebel.com control panel is fast and easy to use. You can change all the name server settings of your entire portfolio in like 5 seconds with bulk change. I like it.

•••
I have a question.. does anyone know

I will transfer some domains to Rebel that currently have privacy protection. Does anyone know the default setting for Rebel transfers? When they receive the domain, does rebel use the contact information on your Rebel account OR does the contact information from the old registrar transfer over? Each registrar seems to do this a little bit differently. Just want to make sure that no sensitive info gets exposed.

Great offer though which is why I'm gonna transfer 20 domains over to them.

•••
Yes 1and1 sucks big time. But unlike 1and1, Rebel.com control panel is fast and easy to use. You can change all the name server settings of your entire portfolio in like 5 seconds with bulk change. I like it.
Control panels are easy.

The question is, can you transfer out as easily? Or would your domains be trapped with them forever?

•••
The question is, can you transfer out as easily? Or would your domains be trapped with them forever?
+1
I've never heard of them.

If you want cheap transfer - namecheap.com should have "Move your domain day" again in January, up to 50 domains for $4
http://moveyourdomainday.com/

And of course we will have black friday deals.

•••
+1
If you want cheap transfer - namecheap.com should have "Move your domain day" again in January, up to 50 domains for $4
http://moveyourdomainday.com/

And of course we will have black friday deals.
My problem with Namecheap, they disqualify domains that you have moved out from them in the past.

•••
•••
Yes, my domains had another year extension added with the transfer.

•••
This thread does not seem to be as hot and popular as the 1-dollar Godaddy codes, eventhough this is a $1 transfer for 20 domains. Where's the crowd ??? I haven't used Rebel before.

Am i missing something here?

•••
This thread does not seem to be as hot and popular as the 1-dollar Godaddy codes, eventhough this is a $1 transfer for 20 domains. Where's the crowd ??? I haven't used Rebel before.

Am i missing something here?
I should have been more clear; $1/each for up to 20.

•••
I didn't pull the trigger earlier in the month when they were offering free transfer of 20 domains. Maybe I'll go ahead and do it now.

•••
Where's the crowd ???

The Merry-Go-Round crowd? :D

Going to give it go... If that puts your mind at ease. If there's a catch, I'll find out in 60 days time.

•••
Being in US, I prefer to stick with a US registrar.

•••
@Nick V which number did you dial? Can't seem to get through. Online chat is offline. Also already experiencing problems with transferring more than 1 domain for $1 each. Giving a price of $9.99 each.

Think I'll give it a skip. :)

•••
@Nick V which number did you dial? Can't seem to get through. Online chat is offline. Also already experiencing problems with transferring more than 1 domain for $1 each. Giving a price of $9.99 each.

Think I'll give it a skip. :)
The discount is made at the cart. 1-866-497-3235
n2w0pWs.png

•••
Sorry about the shortcut. Yes, that's what i meant. $1/each. So that's like 20 Godaddy 99-cent coupons in one shot. But not much people going crazy here. I was expecting this thread would be running 5 pages now.

•••
Sorry about the shortcut. Yes, that's what i meant. $1/each. So that's like 20 Godaddy 99-cent coupons in one shot. But not much people going crazy here. I was expecting this thread would be running 5 pages now.
Can't please everyone I guess.
proxy

•••
I had never heard about them before.. What's means "BB" ? Barbados?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back