Dynadot

$1 .COM, .NET, .ORG & .CA transfers - Rebel.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick

Top Member
Impact
Not sure if this is old news, but it's new to me. I stumbled on this because I bought a domain from someone and needed an account to receive by push:

$1 to transfer up to 20 .COM, .NET, .ORG or .CA domains to Rebel.com.

I just transferred 10 over and plan to do 10 more later. Total cost for 10 was $12 (including a $00.20 ICANN fee). For what it's worth, I also had to call in because I had some questions and their phone support answered almost immediately and was pretty helpful. I like their site's UI, too. Might have to consider using them more.

Untitled-1445983159-671.png

https://www.rebel.com/DomainTransfer.aspx

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Anyone know any other cheap registrar i could transfer too?

$16 is just too much........

Name.com $8.25 per domain.
NameSilo.com $8.39 per domain. Free Whois privacy for life.

Last edited:
•••
Name.com $8.25 per domain.
NameSilo.com $8.39 per domain. Free Whois privacy for life.

are those promo pries or regular on those sites?

I don't think any company can go that low unless its promo

or unless like godaddy, you pay annual membership

•••

Those are real/normal prices, no promos. There is no DDC required. Also these are ICANN accredited registrars.

Renewals:
Name.com $10.99 for .COM, same for .NET
NameSilo.com $8.99 (8.79 if you renew 100 or more domains). And .NET renewal is for $9.29.

•••
Those are real/normal prices, no promos. There is no DDC required. Also these are ICANN accredited registrars.

Renewals:
Name.com $10.99 for .COM, same for .NET
NameSilo.com $8.99 (8.79 if you renew 100 or more domains). And .NET renewal is for $9.29.

I see. thanks,

well those are good transfer deals indeed! but.. they will get you on renewals.. at $11 or even $9.. compared to about $8 at godad+ddc.
either way.. with any registrar when you transfer domains in bulk (100+ maybe) or then later on renew in bulk, you can always contact them and ask for better deals... like retention plans for cell phones etc... it may not always work, but it's free to try.

•••
I see. thanks,

well those are good transfer deals indeed! but.. they will get you on renewals.. at $11 or even $9.. compared to about $8 at godad+ddc.
either way.. with any registrar when you transfer domains in bulk (100+ maybe) or then later on renew in bulk, you can always contact them and ask for better deals... like retention plans for cell phones etc... it may not always work, but it's free to try.

Still way cheaper than GoDaddy and have most of the features of Godaddy.

•••

This is not defined as low. For bargain hunters, it's quite costly actually.
Definition of low = 99 cents or less.

•••
This is not defined as low. For bargain hunters, it's quite costly actually.
Definition of low = 99 cents or less.

1$ or less transfer promos are hard to find..but.. not impossible.

I was referrign to more non promo regular prices... for transfers.. so far name.com semes to be lowest.
cheers

•••
The cheapest way to do it, is just do the Rotation dance. Forget about renewals.

The cheapest rotation right now is Godaddy ---> Name.com ---> Godaddy

If you always want privacy, the cheapest is Name.com ---> Namesilo ---> Name.com

If you don't want to bother with all the transfer hassles..... the cheapest is just to stick with Namesilo.

•••
I've seen some questions about protections:

Aside from the registrar lock (which pretty much all registrars will place on domains and is removable for free at the time of transfer), our protection services are all optional. Ownership Protection & Renewal Protection are often part of a package deal. Ownership Protection is most often used by large companies. It's just a way for a company to avoid having their "tech guy" try to hijack domains, by requiring significant vetting to make any ownership change. Expiry protection is essentially a safety net for people who might not have received our emails/updated their credit card when their domain came up for automatic renewal. It's a precaution for high importance domains. Privacy Protection, just as with most other registrar, simply replaces your contacts with generic contacts belonging to Rebel.com. Again, Ownership Protection, Expiry Protection, and Privacy Protection are all optional.

•••
@LeeRJ are you liable to run this promo again anytime soon? .Think i would definately give it a whirl.

•••
did anyone here actually had luck getting rid of that Premium blockage at checkout? I mena without contacting their support for a fix.

I even went as far as to remove buynow price on aftrnic for a domain, thus I assume removing it from premium network.. still no dice. unless I gotta wait few days before that updates. I just did it for a domain last nite.

cheers

•••
•••
•••
did anyone here actually had luck getting rid of that Premium blockage at checkout? I mena without contacting their support for a fix.

I even went as far as to remove buynow price on aftrnic for a domain, thus I assume removing it from premium network.. still no dice. unless I gotta wait few days before that updates. I just did it for a domain last nite.

cheers
Remove it completely. You may need to wait a day after.

•••
Remove it completely. You may need to wait a day after.

u mean remove it from premium network by removing say the buynow price from afternic.. or do you mean delete domain from afternic completely?

•••
•••
cheers alcy il take a look

•••
anyone having the premium cart issue. turns out problem is solvved by removing buynow price from afternic account. only that. then about 24h wait period. hope this helps enjoy the promo cheers

•••
I wonder if anyone is having the same error as I am. All domains that I recently transferred to Rebel are showing the following big red colored warning when I log in to my account:

----

Possible Domain Suspension Warning
Action Required. We’ve sent you an email with a link to verify your change in contact information. Please open the email and verify your email address to avoid any risk of your domain(s) being suspended.

----

I have checked my inboxes. Nothing. Checked the spam folder. Nothing. Tried resending the verification request through Rebel's Domain Manager and wait. But nothing arrives to my inboxes. Nothing in the spam folder. I have just sent a message to Lee to see if they can fix the glitch. In the meantime, wondering if it's just me or anybody else experiencing this issue as well.

Rebel.com customer service has been really amazing so far. So just waiting their reply on this issue.

•••
Don't worry about that message.
Go to your contact manager and create whois profile. Then apply that profile to your transfered domains. Now you can go to contact manager and delete all contacts that are red. Message will be gone. For domains that are still transfering you can't delete contact.

•••
@LeeRJ are you liable to run this promo again anytime soon? .Think i would definately give it a whirl.

We may not have exactly the same promo, but please keep an eye out for a similar deal in the near future.

•••
@LeeRJ sent you a private message

•••
Don't worry about that message.
Go to your contact manager and create whois profile. Then apply that profile to your transfered domains. Now you can go to contact manager and delete all contacts that are red. Message will be gone. For domains that are still transfering you can't delete contact.

Thank you for posting this. It definitely helped put me at ease (to know there's at least one option). The only problem is this option would be very time consuming. These are domains for development though so a lot of them have different contact e-mails. I'm hoping that Rebel will reply me with an easier way to confirm the e-mail addresses already on the domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back