Dynadot

discuss Your reg. of the day

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Mine:

HeatingFuel.org

I think the net sold recent at auction for over $1,000 and is reg to Frank Schilling (I think) or his business name. This org name was dropped after 6 years according domain tools. Since I run woodpelletfuel.org with great serp's this can make a good addition. I find it boring though.

### WARNING ###
DOMAINING CAN BE ADDICTING
### WARNING ###

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bitcoins.gripe

Bitcoins.zil - This is online space forever, for $20. Claimed. Checked search after claimed through wallet verification, and it says not available so it's safe to call.

I was like that's a great catch! But, then I looked into it and...

upload_2019-12-17_13-59-55.png

•••
I like these the most. As experienced domainers, what are your expectations on selling the names like these? I'm a newcomer, just learning.
Thanks.

That's a great question and I'd hope everyone has a good answer for this that works for them. The answer could be the same for others but maybe not.

For me, I have several reasons I acquire good domains.

1. To develop new projects
2. To build up my domain portfolio
3. To quickly flip for a profit
4. To learn new and/or forgotten terms
5. To strategically position an app I'm developing

The exact details for reason 5 will need to remain undisclosed for the moment until I'm ready to release my app. The other reasons should hopefully be clear.

I hope this is what you where looking for, if not let me know.

Last edited:
•••
•••
wow, how did find that just hand regging?

I had a script written years ago and updated about 4 years ago to slurp and scrape the dropped domain names, I have a parser script that sorts the names for me.

•••
registered the combo of:

11Plaza/com
ElevenPlaza/com

•••
registered the combo of:

11Plaza/com
ElevenPlaza/com
Because.....?

I ask because I have similar.

Address of some big real estate development?

•••
Thats not a hand reg name... He posted in a wrong section... Its a great name and cannot be hand regged

thanks! It is a hand reg🙂

•••
AIATMS.COM
(Ai ATM Systems)

aiatms.jpg

AIATMS.COM

•••
GeneralNegligence.com
LeadPoisonings.com

Keywords seen on a poster I passby everyday on the A,C,E Brooklyn subway poster for a law firm.

General Negligence seems to be an umbrella term to cover things like

Auto accidents
Slip and Fall
Hurt on the job
Ice and snow cases
At least that's what the poster showed

Last edited:
•••
That's a great question and I'd hope everyone has a good answer for this that works for them. The answer could be the same for others but maybe not.

For me, I have several reasons I acquire good domains.
1. To develop new projects
2. To build up my domain portfolio
3. To quickly flip for a profit
4. To learn new and/or forgotten terms
5. To strategically position an app I'm developing

(...)

I hope this is what you where looking for, if not let me know.

Thank you very much for your answer, it is very valuable for me.

Your approach is more advanced than I would handle at the start with no experience and just having it as part time business now. What I'm interested in knowing something more about hand registered picks that look really valuable is what can you expect on average from selling them - how fast at what price range?

I still not decided what strategy to choose at the start - either try to keep my regs at market price longer to aim for a higher profit, that would allow me to buy more domains but might be waiting too long for a sale OR would it be better to drop the price and give someone more experienced to also profit from my hand registered domain, then get flipped a few times faster. The latter option definitely seems to be more involved in thinking/research since it's clearly seen that really good names are at a low stock.

What would you choose if you would have your experience but would have to start over?

Wish you good luck with your future app!

•••
•••
Because.....?

I ask because I have similar.

Address of some big real estate development?

Great guess ))

One of the options for the brand. Will do focus group test to decide once I have few more options.

I like that I got both word and number version to avoid confusion

•••
•••
Great guess ))

One of the options for the brand. Will do focus group test to decide once I have few more options.

I like that I got both word and number version to avoid confusion

Word of advice.

Most developments will have registered the LLC to match their developments. Usually the exact match address.

For example in your case it would be something like

11 Plaza llc or eleven plaza LLC

Which would give them first dibs unregistered trademark rights to those keywords.

If so, you have no choice but to sit and wait for them to contact you.

If you make the mistake and couldn't wait and contact them and they reg their LLC prior to your domain reg best believe you will be threatened.

Of course, in that case sell for cheaper than the cost of them suing you.

Under $3000 they will probably negotiate down to $1000.

Good luck!

•••
Aww geez, correction

I had put WeatherReports.com and my name I reged is

WeatherResults.com

sorry

Last edited:
•••
linkman/co
euchre/co

also

flavoured/org

Last edited:
•••
Thinking to develop a website for unhappily married people. Don't ask me how did I came to this idea.

OUDMJiL.png

•••
•••
•••
HeadQrtrs.com
EscrowTown.com
EditHuman.com
ThursdayBox.com

Last edited:
•••
LGBTQW.com Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual Queer World/Writers/Women
LGBTQC.com Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual Queer Cruises/Care/Cams

Last edited:
•••
GiveYourLifeToJesus.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
I just reg'd headqtr.com the other day. Btw, nice site.
Hey thanks! Lots of work left to do, but making good progress. Haven't even opened it up to the search bots yet.

I think QTR is the actual abbreviation for quarter, but I liked QRTR better for comprehension and visual appeal. Logo turned out pretty nice too...

upload_2019-12-17_21-47-58.png

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back