IT.COM

question Why 4L.com get dropped if they are valuable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sourav Patel

Established Member
Impact
I was surfing around some dropped domains in Dropcatch and found many LLLL.coms that are being dropped every day.

I found that these are mostly selling anywhere between $80 - $10K in the reseller market.

If these are valuable why people let them expire! What do you think???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
LLL.com drop too,

popular answer, though it makes some Uncomfortable;

People die! Life happens. (Or ends) no succession plan

Last edited:
•••
LLL.com drop too,

popular answer, though it makes some Uncomfortable;

People die! Life happens. (Or ends) no succession plan
Also firms go bankrupt and really few people are able to understand the vaue of domains

•••
•••
What people tend to forget is that most people that own good domain names have no idea that they hold value.

•••
Please give an example of a 4L.com in that value range that was dropped/expired.

•••
Please give an example of a 4L.com in that value range that was dropped/expired.
dropped.png

I found these listings today! 🙄

•••
And you believe these are worth $80,000 or more? Why? Have you seen sales for similar domains in that range?

Last edited:
•••
•••
And you believe these are worth $80,000 or more? Why? Have you seen sales for similar domains in that range?
I said $80 to $10,000. LOL :xf.laugh:

•••
Oh, you're correct, I misread your post. Your top amount was 10k. But I don't see any of these domains selling for that, either, except maybe that first one.

•••
One reason is that they simply forget to renew them or lose interest in the domains. It's happened to me and other people here too probably.

Secondly most companies don't understand domains anyway so they are not seen as assets and thirdly as others have mentioned people die and their domains go with them.

I have to say that I have noticed that the number of 4L.com's dropping has been falling in recent months though.

•••
Oh, you're correct, I misread your post. Your top amount was 10k. But I don't see any of these domains selling for that, either, except maybe that first one.
Agreed! I just said, generally, they sell in this price range. Some quad premium may go up to $10K. I hope you'll agree.

•••
... in fact that first one, Ouix.com, is pretty nice although pronounciation is a bit difficult. Someone got that at a good price.

•••
Yes, I sold one for about 30k and one at 74k. But the ones you listed are mostly not selling like that.

•••
... in fact that first one, Ouix.com, is pretty nice although pronounciation is a bit difficult. Someone got that at a good price.
Just a few hours ago I saw a 4L .com highest bid ~ $2000+ . Maybe now it ended.

•••
managing a domain needs renewal fee as well as resource fees. And, sometimes, the resource that manages domains gets costlier. Owner simply drops and concentrate on his core business. Maybe.

•••
The fact that good domains drop is the sole reason that we catch domains and that dropcatchers exist...

Last edited:
•••
One reason is that they simply forget to renew them or lose interest in the domains. It's happened to me and other people here too probably.
IMO, a few $$$ is good rather than dropping them or even if you lost interest. , as 4L get sold quickly nowadays. :-P

•••
I was surfing around some dropped domains in Dropcatch and found many LLLL.coms that are being dropped every day.

I found that these are mostly selling anywhere between $80 - $10K in the reseller market.

If these are valuable why people let them expire! What do you think???
Tax write off is reason.

•••
Then why not continue to write it off and renew it?

•••
Then why not continue to write it off and renew it?
Doesn't work that way. Dropping. They could probably give it to charity for free and write it off but many just choose to drop. When they take a loss it's write off, if they sell higher taxes then

Last edited:
•••
  • Unable to recognize the importance of domain names and its price

•••
Some people that do not know much about domaining might have listed their name for 1000 or 5000 and when they saw nobody contacted them assume its worthless and let it drop.

Others might be very wealthy from sudden wealth and those people tend to disregard things that can make them money but not much, even if the effort is small.

You also have businesses that the domain was under the control of their designer or developer, they paid for 10 years, they parted ways, their website is not live, and the designer or developer doesn't bother to renew or is in a whole other business.

•••
Not all 4 letters are created equal. People drop borderline rubbish they can’t sell. Unpopular opinion, not all 4 letters have true value or will sell for end user pricing or at all (besides to other domainers) I agree that a liquidation would be preferable to a drop. As Samer mentioned people die or lose track of things.

•••
Back