Dynadot

Question your self about 4l.com and 5l.com why they are good investment

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Flipsbay

Top Member
Impact
Hello guys,

After a long time seeing crazy stuffs of domaining. People spending so much money in domains that has simply no value at all in terms of domain to website development, i have to admit that people will lose a lot of money after this year. Registers are booming these days.

Started with the madness of 4l.com domains and ending with even 7n.com, .co,.xyz domains is very hard to swallow. 4l.com domain price raised pretty well and will fall a bit soon but i am sure that would not make the 4l.com domain prices as low as 15-20$ each which was back in few months ago. Which makes it a secure investment in the next years for sure. In my opinion and research i am sure most of the domain sells we see are reseller buyouts. So they simply are not realistic price compared to end user sales and this crazy valuation will drop hard today or tomorrow.

But if you think thats not the case the price will only go up from here then you must admit the best meaning full investment after 4l.com has to be 5l.com, I have never seen any brand named 8882888.com, look at chiness products those even has english brand names on there back and there are a lot to show which are 5l.com.i have never seen 7n as brand.

So in my opinion these are bought based on futuristic ideas. But anyway i can be wrong. But to me after 4l.com , it has to be 5l.com that should be meaning full and secure as well.

Just after lunching a few 5l.com domains of mine and observing some other beloved domainers 5l sales here on namepros i can see the price increase from 2,3$ each to 5-7$ each minimum (ofcourse i am talking about decent domains not something like ekxjz.com ) and all the way to 80-150$ each. (Research more you will see a few patterns are taking 80$ minimum pretty quick )

People are also listing there 5l.coms at 10$ starting bid.( wow ) even some of them are getting sold. Thousands and thousands of domains are registered by individuals. Patterns are good as they returns with good money but the question is how long this madness will stay and when it will be gone what we will be left with. Its for sure a few people will make a lot a lot a lot ..... of money but those who are at the middle of these madness and don't have a clue will lose a lot of money.

Any comments and thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree 5L are the best short term investment for % return (if you pick good ones for 10-20$ only). They are not very liquid YET though. Chinese premium or pinyin word only worth the risk...I think you are wrong about 4L go down. I think 4L go up at least 2x more over the next 6-12 months.

•••
The following is just speculation but it's possible that the current 4l.net buyout is due to a perception among Chinese investors that these domains can be used as investment vehicles and financial instruments.

If this is true then it overturns the assumption that domains must have endusers. If demand holds or increases then it may be that a two-tier market for 4l domains is now emerging, in which case it's likely that 4l.coms will hold their prices or continue to rise, as will 4l.nets.

And it's possible that much of the 4l.com 'overflow' will be shared among 4l.nets and 5l.coms. Like the last three months or so, the coming months are going to be very interesting with plenty of opportunities to profit from both patterned and Chinese premium 5l.coms as well as (presumably) all 4l.nets.

•••
Very nice comments guys any more awesome tips or ideas?

•••
Website Dev and Domaining are completely different. After several Google updates (EMD update) value of domain ( read keyword stuffed domain) has decreased. However solid Dictionary word domain still hold value for branding purpose and more user engagement.
Google uses more than 200 ranking factors to rank websites and domain name plays a very small part in it.I do believe that in future short, brandable domain will become more popular than keyword rich domain.Not sure about nnn....com but LLLL.com,LLNN.com,NNLL.com value will rise in future with greater end user engagement.

•••
I dont understand why people think online business=google ranking. I run website my self my traffic from google is about 10% i guess why bother google that much.

Thanks.

•••
when google is ranking a website it is taking lot of factors into consideration like DA, PA, backlinks profile,bounce rate, social metrics. And still around 80% traffic of most website comes from Big G.
Its possible to drive traffic to your website from pinterest, FB ads but still SEO traffic is considered as the most imp source of quality traffic ( more buying intention)

•••
•••
Whatever you choose to do, don't get left holding the bag. :)

•••
Whatever you choose to do, don't get left holding the bag. :)

Did you meant do not hold domains just keep selling them? Is this advice for 4l.com or 5l.com.

Thanks.

•••
•••
Did you meant do not hold domains just keep selling them? Is this advice for 4l.com or 5l.com.

Thanks.

For anything that you have hype. 4L.Net/5l.COM/6N.com/etc/etc

4L.com was long gone, but the crappy combination prices?

With everything 4L.net/5L/ bla bla bla... hell some of these combinations don't even have meaning to Chinese-this I was told by a Chinese domainer. :) How about that?

Seen hype before on a smaller scale, and guess what? The people affected are no longer with us.

Just saying, if you are making money, good-just don't be on the other end, where you paid the profits to the guy trying to rip you off, and you have to suffer next year.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back