IT.COM

Where is all my traffic???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi guys

I recently read a post by a fellow name pro member who was selling timeinparis.com which he stated was receiving over 100 visitors per day (see the following link for the full post)

Time In Paris Auction

I then thought I would smartly register the following domains which were available and both had an overture of over 20,000 (similar to timeinparis) :

timeinflorida.com
timeinarizona.com

I then parked these domains into my fabulous account and waited to see how many visitors I receive. However it has been more than a day since they have been parked and I have received 0 visitors. I would not find this unusual as I know you cannot solely rely on overture search data to determine likely type-in traffic but do find it strange that timeinparis.com would receive so many hits per day while these two domains with a similar theme and overture results would receive 0.

If anyone has any feedback or input into why this might be or where I'm going wrong it would be greatly appreciated. Could it be that fabulous don't count the same visitors that sedo does? I wouldn't think this would be the case but any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am at a loss as to why this is the case.

Regards
David :'(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Two possible reasons that I can think of:
TimeInParis could be the location of a popular website that is now gone (check archive.org)
or the traffic given was not correct or inflated artificially.

•••
25758 time in paris ovt right now

about what you said u registred 2 domain names that have ovt like that , and parked in parking system and watching for traffic to knock the door , that is not logic tome , because what you did search are keywords of what people searched for , when you got 25758 time in paris that does not mean timeinparis.com will have traffic by parking it , you will need to devlop the site and SEO very good to get a good positiong to PROFIT from them 25758 Request

Tv

•••
Who knows how timeinparis get its traffic.
Sometimes you cant see all the hidden links or refferals...

•••
Wow, you waited a WHOLE DAY? You, sir, are patience personified.

•••
Seach ovt with extension.

•••
heinlein99 said:
Wow, you waited a WHOLE DAY? You, sir, are patience personified.

yes indeed, virtually a saint.

•••
isn't "Time in Paris" a movie or something like that? That could explain some of the traffic.

•••
Yes---I think Time in Paris is a movie---and a classic
Plus---It took one of my DN 2 weeks before it started getting any traffic---and it took off

•••
DNQuest.com said:
isn't "Time in Paris" a movie or something like that? That could explain some of the traffic.
don't think so i think it was something like "The last time" :blink:

•••
a whole day? WOW! wait at least a week ;)

•••
If their domain was indexed by Google or another SE it would pick up traffic fast.

•••
Look at the search term i a google search and you see people searching for what time it is in Paris. based on the time zone. The top google searches are for the local time in Paris. If you look at the typical clocks that show time in major cities, you'll see Paris, London, New York, Chicago, Denver, L.A. etc., but not by state.
see here:
http://www.google.com/search?num=20...2006-21,GGGL:en&q="time+in+paris"&btnG=Search

Also, it could be that the timeinparis site has had at least a parking page on it long enough to get indexed by google. search the string timeinparis (no spaces) i google, and it comes up #1. That #1 google link could be sending them the traffic.

see here:
http://www.google.com/search?num=20...GGL:2006-21,GGGL:en&q=timeinparis&btnG=Search

•••
OP: Is this thread supposed to be a joke? I hope so!

•••
Hi

Thankyou everyone for all your replies. I appreciate your input and apologise for what may seem a stupid question, however I am still experimenting in methods to gain traffic domains and am therefore somewhat green in this area.

I also realise that one day is not a great deal of time to wait but am needing to see some data within the first few days to know whether or not to keep the domain or not.

I have learned greatly from this post and thank you all for your replies.

Regards
David :)

•••
Isn't "Time in Paris" the Paris Hilton... (clears throat and blushes...), "adult" video???

•••
Well i have bought TimeInParis.com from a member here! hes gone now i think........TimeInParis.com do recieve traffic but not a steady 100 a day.......my highest score was @ 600 a day.....i dont have actual stats.......but here or some old ones....http://members.chello.nl/l.e.vandaalen/hits/

This domainname is still forsale!

As you can see the name has much potential...........a classic movie.........Paris Hiltons adult movie.............first one with 100$ takes it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back