What should NamePros add?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Good morning!

NamePros is working on a lot of new and exciting features, and many of them are thanks to member suggestions in our Comments and Feedback section.

We'd love to hear even more! What else would you like us to add for you?

All suggestions are welcome, from small and simple changes to big and complex features!

Please post below, or submit your suggestions privately.

Let us know what you'd like us to build!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namepros should add some young blonde Mods and be nice to members all the time.
Wearing Bikini is a good option but not rquired.
You mean like Michelle?
Yea johnn, I miss her too.

Peace,
Kenny

Cy
Loves
MM

•••
Yes. I have not heard from her a while.
Hopefully she is ok.

•••
a Discord channel! I need some instant messaging, not a really long thread.

•••
Please remove the anonymous up/down votes on posts.

It's much easier for people to abuse this and be nasty when these votes are anonymous.

•••
I concur. @Paul can you kill the hidden up and down votes.
Show your face, even if its your favorite actor

•••
I concur. @Paul can you kill the hidden up and down votes.
Show your face, even if its your favorite actor

I believe our plan is to eventually make it visible. Certainly don't vote with the assumption that it will remain private.

•••
Thats good to know. Whats anonymous now, may not be anonymous tomorrow
I think namepros would lose more members if you opened that up. Thats like having secret vote then telling everyone who voted for who.
Kill it, dont try and spook us.

And why make it visible? Already likes and dislikes. Thanks, agree, disagree
Like a popularity contest now

•••
@Paul

I believe that giving more power to some of the more prominent members here on the forum is a good idea when it comes to the number of up and down votes that they can give (although I agree that it’s best not to keep things anonymous).

But I believe that it’s very important to educate all the members when it comes to using this system.

When you give someone an up or down vote you are in a way making a judgment about their comment. And for that reason it’s very important to give this power only to those members who have a established and proven track record as far as being impartial and fair and who have shown that they can put their own personal beliefs, ideologies, agendas, affiliations, and interests aside when passing a judgment about someone else’s post.

Unfortunately most people don’t have the ability to be completely impartial and fair (this has been a longtime problem even at the Supreme Court which is hard to fix as long as we have Human Beings as judges) and so this power should only be given to those who are less likely to abuse it.

PS: I just gave you a few up votes and a ‘Thanks’ for all the effort that you have put into creating a more secure, safe, and functional forum and also for doing your best to making sure that we have a professional, respectable, and friendly environment here at NamePros for everyone who wants to participate in the forum in a productive, constructive, helpful, and useful manner. :)

IMO

Last edited:
•••
I believe our plan is to eventually make it visible. Certainly don't vote with the assumption that it will remain private.
Paul, you're a security/privacy guy. This unexpected "outing" of people on your forum doesn't fit my image I had. Was this the plan from the start to make this known after a while? This plan should really have been communicated from the start.

•••
He is just trying to scare us. Or early April Fools joke.
It wouldnt happen. People can still blast Abstract Domainer with hidden dislikes.
I think he is smarter than 78% of people here. Maybe 92%
Trust me your secrets are safe but remove the hidden like/dislike and all points gained or lost by them.
We never had to hide even our identities before, now we hide our actions.

•••
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Thanks for .info Paul and for replying. Your the pro in namepros
Thats why I tag you. Your it

•••
Last edited:
•••
On top of being able to give 5 points anonymously but two points with my thanks and a like
You could quick reply with Thanks, Like, and Agree for +3 points. There will also be a lot more quick reply options soon, which would allow you to reach your maximum points automatically rather than manually giving them, if you choose. For example, a “Love” quick reply that assigns +2 points.

Note: Quick reply buttons won’t allow you to exceed your maximum influence.

•••
Love button. Make it worth 20 points

•••
I can see the intend of the update was to push for more “creators”.

As early every change takes time for people to adapt to

I’m spitballing here, why not make NamePros similar to every social app, if “likes” could be able to be exchanged for “gifts” and then those “gifts” could be sent to members, it may push for better content.

It might be a horrible idea, maybe it would be abused, maybe even be the reason for creating spam topics, however it’s just a random thought to develop on

•••
That's great however, the thread says that I should PM NamePros with my suggestions however, NamePros is not accepting PM's.

Last edited:
•••
@Paul

I believe that giving more power to some of the more prominent members here on the forum is a good idea when it comes to the number of up and down votes that they can give (although I agree that it’s best not to keep things anonymous).

But I believe that it’s very important to educate all the members when it comes to using this system.

When you give someone an up or down vote you are in a way making a judgment about their comment. And for that reason it’s very important to give this power only to those members who have a established and proven track record as far as being impartial and fair and who have shown that they can put their own personal beliefs, ideologies, agendas, affiliations, and interests aside when passing a judgment about someone else’s post.

Unfortunately most people don’t have the ability to be completely impartial and fair (this has been a longtime problem even at the Supreme Court which is hard to fix as long as we have Human Beings as judges) and so this power should only be given to those who are less likely to abuse it.

PS: I just gave you a few up votes and a ‘Thanks’ for all the effort that you have put into creating a more secure, safe, and functional forum and also for doing your best to making sure that we have a professional, respectable, and friendly environment here at NamePros for everyone who wants to participate in the forum in a productive, constructive, helpful, and useful manner. :)

IMO
So basically, although most don't have the ability to be completely impartial and fair, and it's a power thing, and you gave a bunch of upvotes, related all in the same post.. are you anointing yourself a proven judgment-caller? Just saying, because a lot of the stuff you spout, to me, is complete nonsense... although I believe your heart is in the right place.

It's a tricky path to navigate as we all have our opinions and giving more power to one over the other based on the criteria you've put forth will also pigeon-hole members as to speaking their mind or being out of line based on said criteria.

Tough job for NP to determine, in my opinion, and I think the older system solely made up of likes, dislikes thanks etc is sufficient because the upvotes, downvotes system should really be reserved for systems that aren't so much opinion-based, but fact-based.

•••
So basically, although most don't have the ability to be completely impartial and fair, and it's a power thing, and you gave a bunch of upvotes, related all in the same post.. are you anointing yourself a proven judgment-caller? Just saying, because a lot of the stuff you spout, to me, is complete nonsense... although I believe your heart is in the right place.

It's a tricky path to navigate as we all have our opinions and giving more power to one over the other based on the criteria you've put forth will also pigeon-hole members as to speaking their mind or being out of line based on said criteria.

Tough job for NP to determine, in my opinion, and I think the older system solely made up of likes, dislikes thanks etc is sufficient because the upvotes, downvotes system should really be reserved for systems that aren't so much opinion-based, but fact-based.
Apparently you don't understand the difference between a member having the right to express their own opinions (even if they sound like nonsense to you) and at the same time having the ability to put all those opinions aside when giving an up vote or down vote to someone else's post.

The up votes and down votes are not meant to be used for agreeing with another member's post since there is already an agree button for that, but rather to judge the level of contribution that they have made to the forum by that post and the manner that they have handled themselves while participating in the discussion as far as abiding by all the rules.

I haven't appointed myself as a prominent member and I believe that people have to be elected by the community for that position and pass a certain criteria to qualify as a candidate to be put on the list of members that are going to be considered for that title.

Nevertheless the level of prejudice and negativity that you have shown here is not a characteristic that can be accepted from a prominent member.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
The up votes and down votes are not meant to be used for agreeing with another member's post since there is already an agree button for that, but rather to judge the level of contribution that they have made to the forum by that post and the manner that they have handled themselves while participating in the discussion as far as abiding by all the rules
Let's start by saying that this new implementation didn't come with a manual, so it's not clear what was meant, and by whom. Further, I think you're seriously underestimating the dynamics of a forum like this. Now that a new method of giving + and - credits has been added, you notice that in very sensitive discussions people also tend to give positive support, without the givers wanting to do so openly. For various reasons. My conclusion is that this new method is definitely used as an 'Agree', as well

Last edited:
•••
Let's start by saying that this new implementation didn't come with a manual, so it's not clear what was meant, and by whom. Further, I think you're seriously underestimating the dynamics of a forum like this. Now that a new method of giving + and - credits has been added, you notice that in very sensitive discussions people also tend to give positive support, without the givers wanting to do so openly. For various reasons. My conclusion is that this new method is definitely used as an 'Agree', as well
You are right as far as the fact that this new system should be fine tuned to make sure that it's not going to be abused in anyway, but I guess that's the job for the admins to determine whether this system can be used in a useful manner that can bring some value to the forum.

I am just giving my opinion here which might be different than what the admins have in mind as far as how this system should be used.

One problem that I can already see is finding members that are fair and impartial enough that can be given the privilege of being able to give the maximum number of up and down votes. In all honesty we might only be able to find a handful of people like that here in this forum since almost everyone as a domainer rightfully or not is going to put their own interest above all. (including me when I have my domainer hat on :) ).

IMO

•••
- Autoadd expiry date and registrar for domains listed for sale
- Stop indexing on google the marketplace section

•••
In all honesty we might only be able to find a handful of people like that here in this forum since almost everyone as a domainer rightfully or not is going to put their own interest above all.

So if the admins decide to keep this system and want to have widespread participation in it then the members here have to be educated in how to be fair and impartial in giving up and down votes which is not an impossible thing since domainers are a smart bunch and might see it in their long term interest to be considered a prominent member of the forum and perhaps that of the domain Industry at large someday.

It's actually kind of easy, for example next time there is a conflict between a domainer and a Registrar don't just automatically take the side of the Registrar or the domainer based on your loyalties, affiliations, or personal friendships and interests and instead try to give an opinion that's on the side of what's just and fair and that is based on facts and not on false evidence or accusations.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
•••
More moderators would help. It was suggested 6 years ago
It's good to have more Moderators to make sure that everyone sticks to the rules and that behaves in a professional manner,

But when it comes to deleting posts or passing judgments in certain situations then it might be best to have a group of elected members that are not anonymous and that everyone knows and can trust.

And also members should be given a way for recourse by being able to appeal their case to the elected judges (which we might call the Forum Elders) if they think that the Mods have made a mistake in thier case.

Three Elders can override the decision of the Mods.

Five Elders can override the decision of the Admins.

Ten Elders can start a revolution in the way that the forum is being run. :)

IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back