Dynadot

news NamePros November 2021 – A new website and more!

NameSilo
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Welcome to the new NamePros in November!

Today marks the first step toward a lot of positive and exciting changes coming to NamePros. You'll notice that most of what you loved is still here, and we're working hard to bring back even more.

And that's only the beginning! We'll be bringing you regular updates, sometimes weekly, to add the features you've requested (please vote on features you want to see first!) and improve your experience.

Our mission is to build a thriving professional network around the best community – that's you! – where professionals can engage in civil discussions, ask questions, share advice, partner, transact, and succeed, all together.

We hope you'll have a look around, and let us know what you think!

All our best,

The NamePros Team

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where is the fix bug thread? Chat is not displaying in chronological order for me and posts have duplicate post number.

@Bravo Mod Team how do you feel about the invisible upvote or down vote becoming uninvisible ?
I would like to see who down voted car.xyz guy and abstractdomainer.
I am sure some would be thrilled to see who upvoted them 🐼

•••
Where is the fix bug thread?
Which one?

Chat is not displaying in chronological order for me and posts have duplicate post number.
Thanks for reporting it. The tech team saw your report and is already working on it. It's affecting a very small number of posts, and it should be fixed soon.

@Bravo Mod Team how do you feel about the invisible upvote or down vote becoming uninvisible ?
Shortly after releasing the feature, we mentioned that moderators have access to it so that we can monitor and prevent abuse of it. The reason that we would give another member access to it is if they're selected to be part of our community moderation efforts.

We've been discussing community moderation for a while now. The goal is to empower the community to monitor and decide on what's best for it, when possible. It's something we're working toward, but there is still a lot of work and community feedback necessary before we get there.

As part of that plan, the top members of the community (i.e., the most trusted and most respected) will have similar permissions and access, including point assignments, as us (current moderators). That access will allow them to help us monitor and prevent abuse of points on posts.

This is an improvement because you could participate in the decision of who is accessing this information. Currently, the community is not yet involved in the decision of who moderates NamePros (and therefore, who accesses that information).

We hope that helps.

•••
One thing I would like to see back is the number of views in the thread itself.
Restored: The number of views and the number of replies are shown on the first post of every thread if they're greater than 0.

•••
@Bravo Mod Team

Is it possible to make it so you can DM someone right from the profile page?

I don't see an option for that, but I think it would be a cool feature. A prominent DM button in the profile page. Otherwise you can only send a DM from a post in a thread.

•••
@Bravo Mod Team

Is it possible to make it so you can DM someone right from the profile page?

I don't see an option for that, but I think it would be a cool feature. A prominent DM button in the profile page. Otherwise you can only send a DM from a post in a thread.
go to "Start conversation" on profile page

•••
Last edited:
•••
Would it be possible to move the up page and down page arrows slightly higher up the page on mobile? It currently clashes with the x (close) on the NamePros Community would like... so I can't get rid of it. Thanks.

•••
Somebody has given around 100 hidden negatives to my posts in few minutes. Please make this kind of mass downvoting visible, so I can send him/her back the "greetings".

•••
Somebody has given around 100 hidden negatives to my posts in few minutes. Please make this kind of mass downvoting visible, so I can send him/her back the "greetings".

This up/down voting system is open to abuse. You should get rid of it or allow to see the usernames of the voters like with likes/dislikes/thanks/agree.

•••
This up/down voting system is open to abuse. You should get rid of it or allow to see the usernames of the voters like with likes/dislikes/thanks/agree.
I just noticed you can keep voting up and down as often as you like. This can present a problem.

•••
Lack of chat is a problem too! Please add a chat if you can!

•••
The voting seems to limit to 5. But still. There needs to be usernames associated with that so it is not abused.

•••
@kite the chat room. Was a grand place at one time wasnt it? I have had many conversations over the years with our friend the school teacher from Crete. I.do miss those days, as do others.

Last edited:
•••
Posting in same thread with different usernames/accts is against namepros rules. Correct me if I am wrong
Ya you pay. Bravo. We were sold out for almighty diaper. My problem lol
Is that against namepros rules to post using multiple accounts in same thread @Eric Lyon
@Bravo Mod Team or did the new namepros change that rule.
Think this through carefully. Why would we call out the issue with up and down votes if we were trying to artificially manipulate threads? There is a reason why both accounts were used here and that is to test the integrity of the forum. And provide feedback. Make sense? :unsure:

Last edited:
•••
Dont care about invisible up down votes in this discussion.
Totally agree and you can find my post where i said kill the invisible votes. Show your face if your going to tarnish someones reputation. And reputation matters here so much, regardless of which or how many accounts a person has. Think carefully, sometimes I have gone in search of “ Tom’s” thread. But Tom changed the username of that account, so searching for member Tom shows nothing.
Thats integrity. Aliases. Hidden votes.
Paul was saying namepros may make invisible votes visible, wouldnt that be sweet.
The new namepros isnt turning out the way some thought.
But quoting yourself using a different account in same thread, like wtf, anyways just a popcorn forum. Can you play the video again when you battled Dan Sanchez? That was pretty cool

Last edited:
•••
Dont care about invisible up down votes in this discussion.
Totally agree and you can find my post where i said kill the invisible votes. Show your face if your going to tarnish someones reputation. And reputation matters here so much, regardless of which or how many accounts a person has. Think carefully, sometimes I have gone in search of “ Tom’s” thread. But Tom changed the username of that account, so searching for member Tom shows nothing.
Thats integrity. Aliases. Hidden votes.
Paul was saying namepros may make invisible votes visible, wouldnt that be sweet.
The new namepros isnt turning out the way some thought.
But quoting yourself using a different account in same thread, like wtf, anyways just a popcorn forum. Can you play the video again when you battled Dan Sanchez? That was pretty cool
Fine. You are entitled to feel the way you do. I just want to make it clear that we make special effort to use different accounts in a responsible way and avoid the appearance of manipulating threads. They are linked to different departments with different goals and purposes. It should be very apparent that 2 accounts posting here cannot be of any benefit to us. Only to help NamePros identify areas that may need improvement.

•••
Your a very professional person. I have checked your sites and quite long time ago. I do like to know who I am doing business with. This is a business right? Thats different topic, a good one. Have 2-3 accounts, but dont change the names of an account back and forth.
People are leaving here due to lack of trust and quality. You bring quality, ya some drama, i trump you
in that department.
You dont upvote yourself, you would be like wibbets guy and his space case wife.
Why would you post in a thread, then post again quoting yourself in same thread with different account, alias?
That shows where an improvement should be made.

•••
Hey @Echo Mod Team I see your doing your rounds. is it against terms of service for namepros to post in same thread with 2 different accounts? Obviously it is in sales threads, but general discussions.

None of this would have happened, sir if you had quoted yourself using same account/username/alias
@Echo Mod Team please link to rules regarding multiple accounts for the new namepros

•••
Http://lynx://www.namepros.com
Lynx://www.namepros.com

To refresh any former derivatives np use lynx (irc command)
This danger to mobile web hacks "push"es (not your screen) must be WAP on mobile web @dotmobioffical was correct mobile hacking $$$$$ risk/benefit easily hacked = used ftp:// to hacked twiiter suppled password remote viewing @Icann

Last edited:
•••
Hey @Echo Mod Team I see your doing your rounds. is it against terms of service for namepros to post in same thread with 2 different accounts? Obviously it is in sales threads, but general discussions.

None of this would have happened, sir if you had quoted yourself using same account/username/alias
@Echo Mod Team please link to rules regarding multiple accounts for the new namepros
Hello,

At no time are associated, friends, family, co-worker, duplicate, etc.. accounts allowed to post in the same marketplace listings.

Here's the official rules that apply to your inquiry:
1.10 Do not intentionally misrepresent information (e.g., lie), mislead others (e.g., post in the same thread using multiple accounts), or manipulate (e.g., refresh a page solely to increase views).
1.16. Only one account is permitted per member unless it’s a Gold Account and all accounts are in good standing.
6.1.2. Do not post in sales listings (or appraisal requests) that are created by one of your other accounts or created by someone you know within the same building as you (e.g., household, office, school library, dorm room, or apartment building), past or present.
Please use the report feature on any posts that violate the above rules in the marketplace so a moderator team can investigate and get more involved.

•••
You dont upvote yourself, you would be like wibbets guy and his space case wife.
Why would you post in a thread, then post again quoting yourself in same thread with different account, alias?
This was done from another member using the same network and the reason is it was done was for context. The upvoting was to test the system to see if it allows for multiple votes from the same account.

Well, I guess you are a hero for making this an issue.

•••
Your a very professional person. I have checked your sites and quite long time ago. I do like to know who I am doing business with. This is a business right?
Yes that is correct. Whether it is Tom or TCK it will not mean anything to you. Let's schedule a Zoom or Skype chat so you can see who you are doing business with. And I hope we can do business sometime soon. :xf.wink:

•••
..Missed here all the webchat

•••
I said general discussion, and there was no manipulation. Maybe he was confused which account he was logged in on. So I can the piper a 10 spot, create another account and come here and quote myself?
Are multiple accounts allowed to post in the same thread, a non marketplace thread?

Now i read your above post, good answer. You have worker bees working here
Not trying to be a hero. Could your co-worker upvote your post?
Kill the invisible voting if you want integrity namepros, can you not see what is going on?

You win this one Tom, I have written enough high quality search engine optimized content for people that want to make fast easy money selling domains on namepros.com the #1 forum on the internet. Fast easy quick money, you can even use an avatar of fred flinstone to make money online

I saw your video(s) I know who i am dealing with. One time I even emailed you, i follow the smart money, not the public money. That was years ago. Way way.back

There is no doubt if i zoomed with you, you would record the entire event with your fancy equipment, and as good as you are, there is very few domainers i trust. This is a dirty business and you are competition.
made a few life long friends here, some enemies too.
I feel that way due to namepros and the behaviour here. Behaviour, what about mine. The last two times i tried to buy, deals fell through. Sweetmobile.com namepros google that. Some will remember the 10,000 hour end time, all the crap, moderator had his hands full. My bid is still last and high bid like 5 years later. Yes Cy would have bid me under the table with his american express, not the point

Great discussion, i understand now why the quote by another department account. I will continue to report any post or suspicious activity. I did not report any of your posts,mI called echo in.
Again @Echo Mod Team can i open a second account and post in this thread?

•••
I said general discussion, and there was no manipulation. Maybe he was confused which account he was logged in on. So I can the piper a 10 spot, create another account and come here and quote myself?
Are multiple accounts allowed to post in the same thread, a non marketplace thread?
I wouldn't recommend it. But in this case I am sure you can see why it was helpful and not made for self interest.

I saw your video(s) I know who i am dealing with. One time I even emailed you, i follow the smart money, not the public money. That was years ago. Way way.back
So you understand that I am not hiding behind an avatar. That is a real profile pic of me. I hope you walked away with a pleasant exchange and benefited from the interaction.

There is no doubt if i zoomed with you, you would record the entire event with your fancy equipment, and as good as you are, there is very few domainers i trust.
What possible reason would I have to do so? Also, I don't have any idea who the person is behind your account name and the auto generated avatar. So if you want to know who you are dealing with perhaps you can set the example.

Great discussion, i understand now why the quote by another department account. I will continue to report any post or suspicious activity. I did not report any of your posts,mI called echo in.
Again @Echo Mod Team can i open a second account and post in this thread?
There are ways to report posts without making it overtly public. Thus avoiding unnecessary embarrassment for either party.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back