What should NamePros add?

NameSilo
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Good morning!

NamePros is working on a lot of new and exciting features, and many of them are thanks to member suggestions in our Comments and Feedback section.

We'd love to hear even more! What else would you like us to add for you?

All suggestions are welcome, from small and simple changes to big and complex features!

Please post below, or submit your suggestions privately.

Let us know what you'd like us to build!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
An AI/bot filter. Are there any plans to curb the slew of AI content & threads by new "members"?

@Bravo Mod Team
@Paul

Last edited:
•••
Love to see "signatures" when on mobile.

•••
•••
Me, specifically? I don't see a DM between us. I'm not indifferent toward it, but I'm also not sure how people expect us to block LLM-generated content.

No, not with you. I corresponded with Echo Mod Team. I've reported a few AI posts I've come across before, but each time they said "no action need to be taken".

The argument they argued in the PM:
There's technically no rule against using an AI bot as long as the comment is on-topic and not duplicated from another source without a source credit.

In response, I gave the following answer, but they could not come up with any logical explanation:
If the users have to refere a credit, they have to write "generated by chatgpt" at the end. Otherwise it's a "duplicated" content from a digital mind without a source credit.

If you can't jointly address critical issues about the forum, which is all about content, it means that there is a serious communication breakdown within the team and this is a much worse situation than the AI-generated content.

You need to stop playing ostrich before things get out of hand.

I have a strong suspicion people are getting confused over what's AI-generated versus what's just low-quality content from humans.

You're not the only tech person here. And you won't get anywhere with suspicion.

Last edited:
•••
Lock new members out of having their own auctions until they pass a multiple choice test about the auction rules.

Example:

How often can you bump or make remarks or thank bidders for making a bid in your auction?

A: every minute
B: once every 10 minutes
C: once every hour
D: once every 24 hours

Hint: D is the correct answer

Last edited:
•••
Hi.

What if the auctions could have a revamp and be more like ebay/flippa? Auction starts at $1 but the seller could put a reserve on it? Bidders wouldn't know who they're bidding against, bidders submit their bid. Auctions could have a specified start and finish time Instead of 72-120 hours after last bid.

Also I would recommend a separate BrandBucket accepted/published auction thread.

•••
One thing I have always wanted to see is the market place "Sell" threads not be Indexed by Google or any other search engine.
At least have the option to turn off indexing like a no-fallow.

As it is many sellers here try to get by using creative ways like (dot) / or creating images of names so not to be indexed.
The main reason is that most names for sale at Namepros are at a discount for other domainers and it doesn't look good for an End User to see those prices.

Thanks

•••
An AI/bot filter. Are there any plans to curb the slew of AI content & threads by new "members"?

About a month ago, I complained about the same thing. However, they stated that AI-generated content can be considered normal content and they have no rules about it.

Apparently they don't have much of an idea what AI is.

•••
•••
Add a form to properly create auction & domain request threads, so that each initial post is uniform and properly categorized.

•••
In house bulk availability checker.

•••
I concur. @Paul can you kill the hidden up and down votes.
Show your face, even if its your favorite actor

I believe our plan is to eventually make it visible. Certainly don't vote with the assumption that it will remain private.

•••
remove the "anonymous" up/down votes ALREADY....? it hasn't got any positive reviews from members....Personally I always liked to see who liked/disliked a post

•••
I just realized that I'm an 18-year member next month. That made me curious, and I discovered that members such as @biggie (and the 600 or so members who came before him) are currently on the cusp of 20-year memberships (or have already surpassed 20 years). As such, I propose a new 20-Year Member set of stars is due (overdue).

I suggest a 20-Year Member recognition badge be instituted ASAP as we have active members at or approaching that milestone now.

Respectfully...

Last edited:
•••
How about an adult bickering room, no holds barred.
Namepros needs some quality control
48 hours and before all noobs posts must be moderated. Sorry make your job harder @Paul but dingleberries like this are really hurting integrity.
contact me here to discuss about that : [email protected]

^ https://www.namepros.com/threads/drivingstunt-com-aiprintprofit-com-appraisal.1305999/
Pure garbage. And get rid of that invisible crap.
Bring back our chat room too
Heavy hitters flying under radar 😂
Still laughing about that a year later
Quality>quantity

•••
I think it would be useful to add a transaction range, when someone gives it feedback.
There are members with dozens feedbacks of small transactions, like 5-10$ from auctions, that proves little about their credibility.

•••
Please remove the anonymous up/down votes on posts.

It's much easier for people to abuse this and be nasty when these votes are anonymous.

•••
when clicking the thread and reading or posting reply don't appears to be inside a thread may be due to the thread starting post is pinned on top of all page replies
Could you please provide us with more details about your feedback? We are not sure what you mean. If you could provide an image with your description, that may help us understand.

•••
I believe views maybe from bots as well, I wrote about this before, even here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-should-namepros-add.920208/post-8967007
1689780528863.png

1689780537023.png

https://www.namepros.com/online/
Form Kyrgyzstan there were even much more sometimes(more than UK or IN)

p.s. I'm using similarweb for free. It works fine for me.

Last edited:
•••
add some Real Traffic/real people against bot Traffic :ROFL:

Google Analytics Marketing GIF by StatsGlitch

Last edited:
•••
I know this is a futile request, but I have nothing better to do with the next 30 seconds of my life.

Require the use of your legal name.

It'll cut down on the idiocy.

•••
Make the "Quick Reply" auto-popup a MANUAL CLICK option, and not something that occludes a large portion of the reply window and functions whenever your mouse comes near it.
This is live. As promised, there is an appearance option so you can use the old behavior if you prefer.

•••
Good morning!

NamePros is working on a lot of new and exciting features, and many of them are thanks to member suggestions in our Comments and Feedback section.

We'd love to hear even more! What else would you like us to add for you?

All suggestions are welcome, from small and simple changes to big and complex features!

Please post below or submit your suggestions privately.

Let us know what you'd like us to build!

Is there any way by which I can bookmark particular posts within a thread? Something like "watched posts" ? Some threads are running from many years. Among those threads, all posts may not be valuable but some particular posts might be of high reference value (as good as blog posts) and members would like to refer to those again.
In case such provision is already not available, I would like to place a feature request for "Post bookmarking". It would be great if there is an option for
a)public bookmarking (anybody can see the posts bookmarked by me from my profile) and
b) private bookmarking.
If I can tag bookmarks in my profile with some keywords, it would be even better.
Namepros may even consider giving some points to the author of highly bookmarked posts. Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
You mean this(in which I am participating, see att) are dead or what ?
https://www.namepros.com/marketplace/buy-domains/?prefix_id=325
Show attachment 243072

Real-time auctions for domain names, similar to traditional auction houses, but online. Unlike our current 48-72 hour auctions, these would kick off at a set time (e.g., 8pm EST) and continue until no further bids are made.

This change could enhance member participation and potentially increase final sale prices due to the competitive atmosphere.

•••
This place would have thousands of auctions going if that happened.
Crap names galore. If you dont get bids there is a reason and its not a lack of views.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back