IT.COM

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
F*ck/Rent - an up and coming 20 year old real estate agent with a plethora of friends who still rent? Lol

As for the other two. These were literally from my first ever batch of domains ever purchased like 3 years ago. If you can't admit to ever registering a few garbage names you are lying and everyone can tell.

As for shipcars/miami, your assumption of "just a few" companies in that field is evidence of your obvious lack of knowledge of the auto transport industry. If you had even the remotest clue as to the vast amount of carriers hauling cars from new york to Florida and all points I'm between, from labor day through Christmas and from March through May each year, and the number of brokers competing for amount of vehicles needing shipped and for how much, you would understand why top lead providers and brokers themselves would stand to profit from owning this domain... Nice try though!! Keep up the good work.
What's with the attitude?

You asked for an opinion, got one that you didn't like and act like a child in your response - ever heard the expression sarcasm is the lowest form of humour?

I read through this thread daily to learn and because it's interesting, there is no need or reason for these kind of replies. If you have information to share about an industry then share it without the mockery (y)

•••
Last edited:
•••
BlowOuts said:

[QUOTE

As for shipcars/miami, your assumption of "just a few" companies in that field is evidence of your obvious lack of knowledge of the auto transport industry. If you had even the remotest clue as to the vast amount of carriers hauling cars from new york to Florida and all points I'm between, from labor day through Christmas and from March through May each year, and the number of brokers competing for amount of vehicles needing shipped and for how much, you would understand why top lead providers and brokers themselves would stand to profit from owning this domain... Nice try though!! Keep up the good work.[/QUOTE]

Hey, lolwarrior isn't the fount or the possessor of all knowledge - he's just giving his reasonable explanations of his appraisals - fer free - and is unlikely to know the detailed ins and outs of everything, or, in this case, the shipping practices of a particular shipping / transport market. Give the man a break....

Last edited:
•••
•••
What's the best price for my domain Scotchbun.com

•••
I read your gTLD post and think it was a great read and view. I picked up a couple that were on special and I think I did ok as far as renewal fees. I am new at this but noticed them and about lost my SHHHT!

I know it says one appraisal per day so if you don’t get to all of them, I will get repost later.

Dog / fund
Safe / fund
Safe / Repair
Rental / Expert
Portal / Cab
Apartment / Photo
Apartment / Supply

Thanks Warrior,

Last edited:
•••
great thread @lolwarrior
what about this LL: FD .network

note: received a few xxx$ offers for this one

Last edited:
•••
I read your gTLD post and think it was a great read and view. I picked up a couple that were on special and I think I did ok as far as renewal fees. I am new at this but noticed them and about lost my SHHHT!

I know it says one appraisal per day so if you don’t get to all of them, I will get repost later.

Dog / fund
Safe / fund
Safe / Repair
Rental / Expert
Portal / Cab
Apartment / Photo
Apartment / Supply

Thanks Warrior,

Any thoughts on this one Dog / fund or and all of them if you have time to just give a general thought

•••
•••
•••
I only own a few new gTLD's, but I wanted to get a bit of insight (if you have any) on this one.

Fin /guide

I reg'd it today. I quite like it. A lot, the more I dig/scheme.

I did a bit a searching, and although there aren't many big sales in the extension, it seems most relevant stuff is registered at least.

Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
Hi @lolwarrior

What do you think of

Podcast Player / live

I have to get opinion on quite few but as only one / day...so thought letsl utilise your expertise when offered..

Thanks in advance.
Ravi.

•••
Your view on Unlocked // mobi ?

•••
Wette.app

Last edited:
•••
Grow / coffee
Coffee growing is becoming a thing in California and Hawaii.

(day 2)
console / repair
how about this name? could be used for tech repairs

Last edited:
•••
Thank you. I regret buying .onl so far.

What about bitcoinminer /online?
@Gasset the domain name bitcoinminer / online will most probably bring you 0 profit. The reasons is number of available alternatives for this keyword1keyword2 / online name. You can check that string "bitcoinminer" is available in at least 211 other new gTLD extensions (check at uniregistry.com, for example), and you can have it for 1-3 USD in .website, .agency, .center, .services, .zone, digital, etc

Because there is no special semantic connection between your string and .online, all above alternatives are more or less close alternatives to your name. Thus you will have no leverage when it comes to negotiation with end users, they will simply choose something what is currently available for reg fee.

Not to mention that you have also competition in alternative strings, like bitcoinminers (plural) or bitcoinmining..this simply can not work, imo...

•••
Cybersafe / Club

Thanks for your help :)
@Tomathon Cybersafe / Club is keyword1keyword2 / club domain name, which has 216 available alternatives in other new gTLD extesions for string "cybersafe", and which one can buy for few USD atm (in .link, .agency, .website, etc, check all options at uniregistry.com, for example)

It makes sense though, and I feel it can fetch between 400-1k in 2018 with probability of resale 1% to sell in this range for any given year of holding. It is therefore so-so (balanced) investment imo, considering that your domain name has standard .club renewal attached to it. Because of other available alternatives, you will not have much leverage to increase price higher then 1k imo.

•••
CannaCafe / company
@Sumeeth I do not believe that CannaCafe / company will work, lot of available alternatives, this is keyword1keyword2 new gTLD which use short form of cannabis (canna) with cafe, and then you add some basically random new gTLD extension.to it..I not feel this one at all. Experiment for 1 year, then I would drop this one.

•••
just picked up meals.direct the other day, would really appreciate your opinion on it.

Thanks!
@Grego85 I love meals/direct...it seems to have only standard renewal for .direct attached to it, which is around 25 at many registrars.

It has clear business purpose, could make very nice brand for large online meals delivery company.
Quick google search shows dozens of potential end users, so large end user pool.

I would pribably do some outbound to obvious end users for this one, and price it at least 5-6k. If someone likes it, it can be maybe 10k-12k would be my feeling, maybe more. I think it is really a keeper, and should be pretty profitable. GL :)

•••
Thank you; how about buygold/gold seems like it has high search and attractive/simple name that makes sense and straight to the point...
@bro92 I like .gold, and I know some Namepros members with very nice .gold domain names in their portfolios.

But lets not forget though that renewal is around 129 at the registrar where you keep your name buygold / gold...and it seems you keep it since 2015. I personally do not feel it has a kind of value to justify that holding costs from investment POV...if you plan to develop it and you like it, then it is all fine. Otherwise, I think it will generate financial loss for you each year. If you have some good connections in gold industry then you as well might sell it for a profit, but holding it passively and waiting for inbound offers will not be profitable. Saying that, if that sells, I feel it in 1-3k range. GL :)

•••

Dog / fund
Safe / fund
Safe / Repair
Rental / Expert
Portal / Cab
Apartment / Photo
Apartment / Supply

Thanks Warrior,
@The RealDomainLord I like 2 of them very much, which are Rental / Expert and Safe / Fund. Those 2 are amazing!

As for the rest Dog / Fund, Safe / Repair, Portal/ Cab, Apartment / Photo and Apartment / Supply, they sound good on first hearing, but I simply feel they have small potential from investment point of view (you submitted several names, so I will not explain for each in detail why is that, so just a very quick a feedback here for those worse names).

So now back to our 2 winners, which I will comment in detail:

Rental / Expert - The name has premium attached to it, which seems around 110-140, depends on registrar. It was first registered in early new gTLD times, in May 2014 then someone dropped it, which is a big mistake imo. The name has amazing potential to become global brandable, it is obviously 10k plus name for ideal end user, but I would feel it around 20k, maybe 40k even in 2018. And in future it will be even more imo. You do not need to think much about it , it is simple - 10 years of holding cost will cost you 1100-1400 USD, while you will sell it for much much more with very high probability. Size of end user pool is huge, basically almost any real estate company can utilize it. This is for me the best domain name I saw so far in this thread.

Safe / Fund - This is another amazing name, it was first registered in August 2014, and you were very lucky to register it in 2018 a very short time after someone dropped it recently. It has premium renewal attached to it, which is around 80 - 90 / year.
As for resale price, this can be imo 6 digit name (XXX XXX), totally depends on your ability to present the name, reject offers, etc. This is type of name you can basically retire on in future, of course wih some luck as well, but the base for it is already present here in form of very high quality of the name. Amazing financial potential. And probably the second best name I have seen here so far.

So my advice is this: do not care about / pay for garbage names and keep your Rental / Expert and Safe / Fund with you until the deal with right end user is not made. This can take several years of course, but when its done, you will love domaining. They are not cheap to hold, so you need to budget properly for it, but it does not matter in this case, as potential of those 2 names is very large.

GL :)

Last edited:
•••
great thread @lolwarrior
what about this LL: FD .network

note: received a few xxx$ offers for this one
@DomainChap fd / network is now set with BIN of 222 when I visit its landing page. It seems to have renewal of around 15 / year...if you have received some XXX offers so far, I think it is only wise to change BIN from 222 to 3k-5k. It can be great name for lot of end users, and financially you will only bleed if you will pay renewals of 15 and sell fo 222...this does not make financial sense. Set you bin to 5k imo and give it a time, that 15 renewal is pretty low and it can be profitable name overall if you set your bin higher - the quality of name can sustain such BIN . GL :)

•••
Bucks (dot) Exchange

Thanks in advance.

•••
What about shares.expert and electricity.expert?

I know it's ment to be 1 a day so im happy to re-post a domain at a later date if you don't have time! Thanks for your help and advice @lolwarrior

Last edited:
•••
EasyShopping.app

(I also have EasyShopper.app to compliment it)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back