IT.COM

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bed.guide

Registered on Go-Daddy
£34 renewal
@tourvegas bed / guide is not bad name, but it has tons of competition in new gTLD space (in .world, .online, .site, .website, .sale, .forsale, and some others). .Guide is not the best extension which will go with this product keyword, imo. Renewal is not small either.

Name was first registered in January 2015 then dropped twice and then registered by OP. So this means at least 3 people thought it has good value. I am honestly not sure about this one..I think if you do some outbound to bed makers or resellers, it can fetch 2k-3k. If you just list it at domain marketlaces and hold passively, I think it will not be an profitable investment due to its renewal cost. Still pretty nice name. GL :)

•••
CleanEnergy / Today
@urljunky CleanEnergy / Today is nice name, and if someone will like it, it can fetch 5-8k.
Now probability of this is pretty small in 2018. Main reason is the number of available alternatives.
Big company with focus on clean energy, will go for (understandably) for domain name clean / energy, which is your biggest competitor (it is an registry reserved name, and honestly I would not be surprised if this name is sold for over 1 mil in future by them, such is a quality and power of it).

Then, lot of longer permutations of it follows - you can have:

cleanenergy / com
cleanenergy / net
cleanenergy / org
cleanenergy / us
cleanenergy / world
cleanenergy / earth
cleanenergy / link
cleanenergy / place
cleanenergy / space
cleanenergy / today (your name)
cleanenergy / tech
cleanenergy / technology
cleanenergy / now (.now is Google delegated gTLD, will come in future)
cleanenergy / here (.here is Google delegated gTLD, will come in future)
and some other new gTLDs...
PLUS around 200 various ccTLDs...

Not all of above are close alternatives to your name, but end user can choose them as well.
This is the problem with keyword1keyword2 names from investment point of view - number of alternatives and permutations one can create to avoid paying larger price at domain aftermarket is usually pretty high.

So it is a good combo, I like it, but you will not be able to retire on it, as you will not have enough leverage to command higher price then indicated above imo, even in case you are an very experienced negotiator. But if you well present it to enduser (best they do not know much about alternatives) I feel 5k-8k should be possible. Without active approach, this name will not perform as an good investment in 2018, imo.
GL!

•••
Kindly appraise:

ETH
/supply

Many Thanks
@Ace3coiner I remember that recently I was about to snatch dropped name eth / exchange, but someone from namepros was a little faster - that hurts :)
As for eth / supply, I feel this is not going to resell well, it kind of goes together, but not very much : maybe 500-1,5k max if someone like it. But my intuition would tell me maybe to experiment for 1 year, and if no significant action, reconsider holding it. GL!

•••
PREMIUM / CAFE

Thanks..peterDN
@peterDN Premium / Cafe - I would consider it as an new gTLD brandable, around 1k-3k. There are thousands of end users for it, for many of then it would be an fantastic upgrade as the name of their webpages are long and pretty bad in many cases. But most of them will pay in above range only, as they are smaller businesses usually. Considering standard renewal attached to this name, which is around 25 at many registrar, this is so so investment imo (probably shifted little against an domain investor).. GL :)

PS: it can happen that some larger cafe chain will like the name very much - in this case 20k is certainly possible - but while probability of resale for 1k-3k is around 1% at any given year, probability of resale for 20k is even 10 times less, imo.

•••
@Jeffc76 ganja/recipes is very nice name, it is a good combo. It does not have much alernatives in new gTLD space (exactly because it is a good combo), and there will be some end users for it who will love it, I am sure. It has standard renewal attached to it for .recipes which is around 35 at many registrars. I have not seen so far any renewal or transfer promotion for this extension...so it is not particularly easy to hold.

Still, this is a keeper, and should fetch anything from 500 to several thousands...just sent it to few end users, it should be an easy sell. GL :)
Thank you very much for your appraisal @lolwarrior !! That has clearly makes me understand more now the value of my domain name :xf.smile:

•••
@Ace3coiner I remember that recently I was about to snatch dropped name eth / exchange, but someone from namepros was a little faster - that hurts :)
As for eth / supply, I feel this is not going to resell well, it kind of goes together, but not very much : maybe 500-1,5k max if someone like it. But my intuition would tell me maybe to experiment for 1 year, and if no significant action, reconsider holding it. GL!

Thanks Pal. Much appreciated.

•••
An amazing thread - I have no idea how you can write so much on each!
Your view on A fair / loan ?

•••
@LifeFreedom earthm/app is nice playable hack, but I honestly do not think this will work as an investment. Probability that someone will want this so much in a extension that is less then 1 year old, is very low imo.
My intuition would be test it for 1 year, if no significant action (traffic, offers) I would reconsider holding it.
Thank you very much for your input 👍

•••
•••
Please appraise
Order.Jewelry
i believe it has potential in the jewelry sector in terms of buying/selling jewelry
anythoughts

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Sumeeth
condo / ventures:
I think this name will not resell, as it does not make really much sense. Keyword "condo" does not go well with .ventures gTLD, semantically.

I think this is "pizza.elephant" type of name, I wrote an separate article about it, one can read it here :)

In the vast majority of cases I agree with your assessments, @lolwarrior , but not on this one. I think that condo ventures makes perfect sense for a company that collectively invests in constructing buildings that are then sold as condo units, a huge part of the housing market, at least here in Canada in major cities. I am not saying it will be easy to sell, but I don't see it at all as a pizza diamond kind of domain name. To me the congruence is there between domain and extension. Good luck with it, @Sumeeth!

By the way, thanks so much for this incredible service that you are offering, @lolwarrior. I have learned a lot simply reading your reflections in this thread!

•••
•••
In the vast majority of cases I agree with your assessments, @lolwarrior , but not on this one. I think that condo ventures makes perfect sense for a company that collectively invests in constructing buildings that are then sold as condo units, a huge part of the housing market, at least here in Canada in major cities. I am not saying it will be easy to sell, but I don't see it at all as a pizza diamond kind of domain name. To me the congruence is there between domain and extension. Good luck with it, @Sumeeth!

By the way, thanks so much for this incredible service that you are offering, @lolwarrior. I have learned a lot simply reading your reflections in this thread!
Thanks @MetBob for your input, I agree. I missed the possible congruence there, and the connection you indicated makes total sense, so I retract my remark about pizza diamond kind of name for this one! You seee, this is a general problem with appraisals, appraiser can sometimes simpy miss the whole point of the domain name. Therefore everyone shoule remember appraisal are only very rough opinions and can be often non accurate.Thanks again for chiming in :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Autonomy / Ventures

Thoughts?

•••
•••
An amazing thread - I have no idea how you can write so much on each!
Your view on A fair / loan ?
Thanks @Max1000 :)

As for name afair/loan (I assume this is your name, as fair/loan is availale at the moment with large premium renewal attached to it), I think chances you will resell this in 2018 are basically 0. If you resell, then 1k-3k imo, but I think you would need real outbound skillz with this name. On the other side, large premium renewal for fair/loan (around 7000 USD/year) can serve you as good persuading point for your domain name with 'a' prefix. GL!

•••
Please appraise
Order/Jewelry
i believe it has potential in the jewelry sector in terms of buying/selling jewelry
anythoughts
@bro92 Order/Jewelry is call to action domain name, which can imo resell for 1k-5k in 2018 with probability of selling in this range for any given year as 1%. It has premium renewal of 70-80 attached to it, therefore I think this is not going to be an profitable investment for you, which can be seen when you calculate the projected profit vs holding cost per any given year. . Statistically you will loose money on this type of names. If the renewal is around 5-10 I would have no objections, but 70-80 is too much for this quality of the name, imo. You hold the name since 2015 so you probably see more value in it then me, but remember that end user for .jewelry can also opt for adjectives (best, top, quality, premium, precious, golden, silver, emerald, etc...) or for geo (usa, japan, etc) or for another verbs (find, buy, discover, etc)...therefore leverage to get price higher then 5k is not much.

•••
@DNGear I feel power / pro as a 5k - 8k name, and maybe more. With standard small renewal around 10-12 for .pro, it is definitely a keeper - wait for a good offer :)

•••

my recent reg
please appraise
@Premiums development/today is 2k-5k name for right end user. It has standard renewal for .today attached to it (around 15), so you can keep it and wait for good offer. This name will imo not make you retire on it, but as an investment, it is not bad at all. GL :)

•••
condos / onl
thanks
@Gasset condos/ onl - althoug I am in touch with lot of new gTLD investors, I have not heard yet much about sales in .onl, maybe they are not reported, who knows. But one needs to keep in mind that much stronger gTLD, .online is competing with this gTLD. To get more insight, there are less then 4k of .onl registered worldwide since 2014 when .onl went to GA, while there are more then 700k of .online registered since 2015 when .online went to GA.

My feeling (also after checking those 4 reportd sales for .onl in namebio.com) is that maybe mid XXX should be possible for your name, but I think probabilities of it are very small. GL!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back