IT.COM

domain What do you think about my new gTLD domain? Advice thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
In this thread, I will give you my opinion about your submitted new gTLD domain name.

I will focus not only on its numerical appraisal, but also will take other factors into consideration (mainly renewal fee and what you do with the name, where it is presented, etc), to debate whether it is a good investment choice (in my opinion). Just because I am a new gTLD investor it does not mean that I will give good opinion on crappy names - so I will tell you when I see no value or potential. To see examples of new gTLD domain names I personally invest in, you can check my website www.brands.international.

Rules:
1. Only 1 new gTLD domain name can be submitted daily per 1 Namepros user.
2. This thread is related to new gTLD domain names only - I can not give you my opinion about .com, .net, org or ccTLD names like .de or .co.uk names, as I do not have enough direct experience with them.
3. I am not responsible for any damages related to my advice - it is only my personal opinion, although I will really try my best to give reasonable, and well-balanced opinion.
4. You can submit only domain name you personally own.
5. For security and privacy purposes, all names submitted and discussed in replies must be in
keyword(s) / gTLD extension format (for example royal / estate, or bestgames / online)
6. Comments/opinions/appraisals from other members on any name submitted here are very welcome :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Video/camera? :xf.smile:
@NameTurtle video / camera is nice domain name, and also a great product name.
It has renewal of around 500 attached to it. I think this quality of the name can resell for 15k-40k range to relevant end user in 2018. Relevant end user is anyone producing or selling video cameras.
Will this be profitable as an investment? I think if you hold the name in passive mode, you will resell within above range with probability of 1% per any given year of holding. That means your projected yearly profit is 150-400, while your holding costs is 500, which is not really in your favour . This means you need to improve your probabilities, by active outbound to make this profitable.

So: if you do something actively with this name, it can bring you nice profit, but if you just sit on the name, it will most probably just generate -500 / year for couple of initial years, which can be pretty annoying to you over time.

GL, the name as such is very good :)

•••
ShipCars/xyz

Thanks
@BlowOuts shipcars / xyz - I feel this has almost 0 chance to resell for any profit. Composed keyword1keyword2 in xyz can sometimes sell for mix XXX or even 1-2k, but there are some many of them, registered, and so few such sales, that I think this is not going to work at all in 2018, unfortunately.

•••
Autonomy / Ventures

Thoughts?
@Nor123 Autonomy / Ventures makes sense, I would see it as typical new gTLD brandable, if someone likes it, 2k-3k, maybe 5k. Prob of resale 1% for any given year, with standard renewal 35 for .ventures at many registrars. So this is so-so investment, with projected profit 20-50, while cost is 35.
This is type of investment I would recommend not to really bother with, as statistically it means lot of work and 0 profit in average. The problem is that you will not be able to reduce that holding cost of .ventures (at least I have not heard yet of any renewal or transfer promo for this particular extension...).

•••
@Premiums development/today is 2k-5k name for right end user. It has standard renewal for .today attached to it (around 15), so you can keep it and wait for good offer. This name will imo not make you retire on it, but as an investment, it is not bad at all. GL :)
Thank you very much, Marek!

•••
@Nor123 Autonomy / Ventures makes sense, I would see it as typical new gTLD brandable, if someone likes it, 2k-3k, maybe 5k. Prob of resale 1% for any given year, with standard renewal 35 for .ventures at many registrars. So this is so-so investment, with projected profit 20-50, while cost is 35.
This is type of investment I would recommend not to really bother with, as statistically it means lot of work and 0 profit in average. The problem is that you will not be able to reduce that holding cost of .ventures (at least I have not heard yet of any renewal or transfer promo for this particular extension...).

Thank you, top job as always!

When time is on your side, how do you feel about.. Clipart / Design ?

•••
•••
@Sumeeth I think it is a pretty wild "new gTLD brandable" name :)
It can be used by crypto company which wants to deploy blockchain technology in rentals of, lets say, homes or cars...but honestly, probability of that is pretty low. On the other side, name has standard renewal attached to it, which seems to be around 25 at many registrars. I think it might work, I would give it a 2-3 years try for sure. If that sells, then 5k and more is feasible for this name. GL :)
On my Google search, I can see few companies like Rentberry using BlockChain in rentals space, hopefully companies like those may be of interest! Thanks for your rocking service as usual!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ccn.com/blockchain-startup-set-disrupt-rental-space/amp/

Last edited:
•••
Creampie / Company
ShipCars / Miami
AutoTransport / Management
F*ck / Rent
Whore / chat

Thoughts?

•••
@BlowOuts shipcars / xyz - I feel this has almost 0 chance to resell for any profit. Composed keyword1keyword2 in xyz can sometimes sell for mix XXX or even 1-2k, but there are some many of them, registered, and so few such sales, that I think this is not going to work at all in 2018, unfortunately.
Composed keyword1keyword2?what do you mean?

•••
@bro92 Order/Jewelry is call to action domain name, which can imo resell for 1k-5k in 2018 with probability of selling in this range for any given year as 1%. It has premium renewal of 70-80 attached to it, therefore I think this is not going to be an profitable investment for you, which can be seen when you calculate the projected profit vs holding cost per any given year. . Statistically you will loose money on this type of names. If the renewal is around 5-10 I would have no objections, but 70-80 is too much for this quality of the name, imo. You hold the name since 2015 so you probably see more value in it then me, but remember that end user for .jewelry can also opt for adjectives (best, top, quality, premium, precious, golden, silver, emerald, etc...) or for geo (usa, japan, etc) or for another verbs (find, buy, discover, etc)...therefore leverage to get price higher then 5k is not much.
Thank you man

•••
crystals/es much potential ?

Last edited:
•••
Composed keyword1keyword2?what do you mean?
keyword1 = ship, keyword2 = cars, so keyword1keywod2 in this case is "shipcars" :)

•••
Creampie / Company
ShipCars / Miami
AutoTransport / Management
F*ck / Rent
Whore / chat

Thoughts?
@BlowOuts those adult names are unfortunately pretty bad . Who would be the end user for those, realistically? F*ck / Rent? Whore / chat? Creampie / Company? It is not going to happen, imo.

Shipcars / Miami is pretty decent, but limited only to few companies in this field in Miami. Will require very targeted outbound. AutoTransport / Management is best from the lot, with outbound it can fetch 1k-3k imo .
GL :)

•••
Thank you, top job as always!

When time is on your side, how do you feel about.. Clipart / Design ?
@BrandsOpen I feel clipart / design is 800-2k name for ideal end user in 2018 with prob of resale 1% in this price range for any given year. GL :)

•••
crystals/es much potential ?
@bro92 crystals/es - .es is not new gTLD, but I will still feeback on it...crystals / es is not gramatically correct from "hack point of view"..I feel no potential here, personally.

•••
Centralized/Network
@Sumeeth Centralized/Network sounds good! It has small standard renewal for .network attached to it (around 15), and it can resell for 2k-10k if someone likes it.

This is no-brainer - keep it, until you get some good offer.

Remark: decentralized / network would be even better as this is current trend, but I think your name has good potential as well. GL :)

•••
@Gasset condos/ onl - althoug I am in touch with lot of new gTLD investors, I have not heard yet much about sales in .onl, maybe they are not reported, who knows. But one needs to keep in mind that much stronger gTLD, .online is competing with this gTLD. To get more insight, there are less then 4k of .onl registered worldwide since 2014 when .onl went to GA, while there are more then 700k of .online registered since 2015 when .online went to GA.

My feeling (also after checking those 4 reportd sales for .onl in namebio.com) is that maybe mid XXX should be possible for your name, but I think probabilities of it are very small. GL!

Thank you. I regret buying .onl so far.

What about bitcoinminer /online?

Last edited:
•••
Cybersafe.Club

Thanks for your help :)

•••
@BlowOuts those adult names are unfortunately pretty bad . Who would be the end user for those, realistically? F*ck / Rent? Whore / chat? Creampie / Company? It is not going to happen, imo.

Shipcars / Miami is pretty decent, but limited only to few companies in this field in Miami. Will require very targeted outbound. AutoTransport / Management is best from the lot, with outbound it can fetch 1k-3k imo .
GL :)

F*ck/Rent - an up and coming 20 year old real estate agent with a plethora of friends who still rent? Lol

As for the other two. These were literally from my first ever batch of domains ever purchased like 3 years ago. If you can't admit to ever registering a few garbage names you are lying and everyone can tell.

As for shipcars/miami, your assumption of "just a few" companies in that field is evidence of your obvious lack of knowledge of the auto transport industry. If you had even the remotest clue as to the vast amount of carriers hauling cars from new york to Florida and all points I'm between, from labor day through Christmas and from March through May each year, and the number of brokers competing for amount of vehicles needing shipped and for how much, you would understand why top lead providers and brokers themselves would stand to profit from owning this domain... Nice try though!! Keep up the good work.

•••
•••
just picked up meals.direct the other day, would really appreciate your opinion on it.

Thanks!

•••
@bro92 crystals/es - .es is not new gTLD, but I will still feeback on it...crystals / es is not gramatically correct from "hack point of view"..I feel no potential here, personally.
Thank you; how about buygold/gold seems like it has high search and attractive/simple name that makes sense and straight to the point...

•••
Thanks @Max1000 :)

As for name afair/loan (I assume this is your name, as fair/loan is availale at the moment with large premium renewal attached to it), I think chances you will resell this in 2018 are basically 0. If you resell, then 1k-3k imo, but I think you would need real outbound skillz with this name. On the other side, large premium renewal for fair/loan (around 7000 USD/year) can serve you as good persuading point for your domain name with 'a' prefix. GL!
Thanks. Only thing I didn't understand was why you think 0 chance of selling in 2018? And yes, my domian costs $2 a year to renew - considerable advantage over the $7K pa!

•••
Thanks. Only thing I didn't understand was why you think 0 chance of selling in 2018? And yes, my domian costs $2 a year to renew - considerable advantage over the $7K pa!
Yes, it is really a good advantage, I agree. As for why I think your "a" prefixed name in .loan it has almost 0 chance to resell in 2018: I am experimenting with .loan and .loans names as well, I have few dozens of them (because I experiment and I am not done with that yet, you will not see majority of them on my marketplace, only few of my .loans are visible there). I also know a guy here from NamePros who has fantastic porftolio both of .loan and .loans names. Of course, nobody hides that huge amount of inspiration for that came from recent large sale of home/loans. From what I experience at the moment I can tell you that only best names has some chances to generate interest among end users - it is simply too soon for prefixes in 2018 - if someone is going to pay some premium for a new gTLD domain name, they will want to get a top name. Not the second best. Still, with costs of renewal $2, I think your name is pretty fine, and with targeted outbound it can generate nice profit. But it will not sold passively, imo.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back