IT.COM

discuss What do you like / love about domaining the most?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Julio

DominioNombres.comTop Member
Impact
Hello Everyone!

I like the hunt for trying to find that one of a kind golden nugget. I see domain registrars like a mining cave and I see myself as a gold prospector searching for that one of a kind nugget.

What do you like / love about domaing the most?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I always loved the search. Scanning long lists of less-than-stellar domains, just to find a single auction that was not getting the proper attention from everyone else. I can remember as many celebratory buys as I remember for sales. I spent so much time on the buying side that I hardly did any outbound work, but the countless hours paid off because I had domains good enough for buyers to come to me. After years of digging and searching, a funny thing happened to me 8 or 9 months ago. I was burned out. I would still sell domains, but I had no desire to find something to replenish inventory. Somehow, I have not purchased a domain since. To make it work and keep it going, you have to enjoy all aspects (education, research, purchase, and sales).

•••
What do you like / love about domaing the most?
The FREEDOM! :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

You can work when you want! You can do it part-time, to supplement your day job. Or you can leave your old life behind and do it full time! You can live where you like, anywhere on Earth. You can move from place to place. The world is your playground. If you want. If you can handle this :sneaky:

The POTENTIAL!

The unlimited expansion possibilities. You can make small, or you can grow to millions of domains and give HugeDomains.com a run for their money! :xf.cool:

The MONEY!

Barring drug running, there are few, if any, other opportunities out there offering such outrageous markups and profits! And it's 100% legit! (y)

Last edited:
•••
I like the hunt for trying to find that one of a kind golden nugget. I see domain registrars like a mining cave and I see myself as a gold prospector searching for that one of a kind nugget.

the registrars are selling shovels, they are making the real money

•••
•••
•••
Best parrt is that one can do it part-time, to earn pocket money.

•••
i feel like a traveller
its a whole new world.

•••
I like the search routines I have put together and its fun getting the domains using the various methods. Maybe too fun, buying too many. lol

I get just as excited to get the domains as when I make a sale because I know the purchases I make will turn to money. Not all of them but enough to more than pay for the others.

And of course the freedom of the business to do as much or little as I want at anytime.

•••
Love the challenge of finding the right name at the right price.

Hate sticking to a budget

•••
•••
Boy, three brand new members, all of whom created their accounts within days of each...with each one posting back to back on this thread...what a coincidence...Hmmmmm.

Conspiracy for sure.

•••
Pocket money? Really? I make more by selling domains than my data scientist brother, I don't even have a degree.

•••
I love to hunt for value, whether its stocks or trying to buy something that would otherwise be worth a high multiple for cheap....I just like buying low and selling high. If we didn't have to sleep, I'd be doing this 24/7.

•••
I like how there's a fine line between a domain worth owning and one that's probably a liability.
I like how you can get creative and witty in names, or you can use programs to match keywords, and use more technical means, like search volume. I like the market diversity: you can check expired domains, forums, dropcatch, auctions, and even send unsolicited offers for domains in the wild.
I love how much it works subconsciously. When I see a name, I know there's a million things running though my head that I'm not even aware is happening while I evaluate it...most people would say 'gut instinct'!

•••
Easy answer.. the people

The crazy entrepreneurs that make up this wonderful industry are the primary reason I (and many on my team) haven't job hopped after landing in the Aftermarket.

•••
•••
Selling words is pretty cool IMO.

•••
it's the rush really, how something so small initially could be ascribed such exorbitant values

•••
the transaction from small to big

•••
When one wants to register for that one domain name that is premium, but one comes to know that domain has already registered. The alternatives that one finds for that particular domain is excellent, and this is what I like about domaining.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back