IT.COM

Why I love domaining

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I love domaining because of tomorrow...what domains will drop and what domains will sell....

Having a bad week could change with 1 domain registration that could sell the next day for XXX or XXXX....it has happened a ton of times to me where I need money and BAM I find a name and sell it within 7 days....domaining is awesome.

Why do you love domaining?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I love domaining because for the most part, the people are some of the very brightest, creative, intelligent, passionate and agressive people around. I have enjoyed making new friends and colleagues, and of course, buying and selling domains. The funny thing is, I have been buying and selling domains dating back almost 20 years, and now more than ever I see it as an real emerging industry. The veterans have really given back and paved the way for people all around the world to take part in this great industry.

•••
I love seeing the WTF sales when I go through daily sales on NameBio.

•••
•••
Domaining has changed my life. I am my own boss and i make decent money. I can work anywhere in the world. Very happy to be in this business.

•••
I like to open the "Price request" emails :xf.smile:

•••
I love domaining because in the last year I made $9K pure profit with pretty much zero work (99.99% reg fee names)
I know it's peanuts for the "big guys" but I do it for fun.
I can't think of any other hobby where you actually earn money not just spend it.

•••
I am a beginner, but I love domaining because everyone can succeed,you need a little bit money and a lot to learn, and the information is free, you do not need any connections, do not need a degree, you do not need a large company, the best domainers in this business almost work themselves (my opinion ), you just have knowledge about domaining, and the ability to buy a good name and to sell (not too easily or overnight), but it is strong when you have LLLLLLL.COM and sell it for $ XXX or XXXX $, it is only 6 or 7 letters. Domainers do not sell: cars, shoes, computers ....... you're selling the letters and numbers as Internet real estate, and it attracts me, the power of the name.
Another thing that many experienced domainers want to help you to grow and go forward.
A bit of me!

•••
I am still very new to this business but I am "addicted." I can't describe exactly why but I feel that it brings joy and happiness and it's pleasure doing it. I also like the thing that you don't need huge capitals to try it. However I still don't have a single sale but I believe this happen really soon.

Domaining is awesome!

•••
For me, it's the thrill of speculating names. I like prospecting domain names for gold. I am unafraid to risk investment so that I one day hit the mother payload. That is why I call myself the Domain Wildcatter! :D

•••
Thanks for starting this thread, I just want to say that Finding, Searching, and buying words Fascinates me a lot. Picking up Business names and introducing them to the right people who can really make the most of it, is super amazing.

Domaining has also helped me in getting a lot of info on digital investments, outreach and connecting with such talented members here at namepros and at my social networking profiles. All together a Fantastic activity, I enjoy being part of domain names industry with all of NP Members.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Well investing in future tech (which is what I'm doing), I'm buying to sell in a year or 2 from now, but enjoyed thinking of things 'hoping' that they do well.

I'm sure I've bought a lot of crap, but same time i know i have some good domains that should see a good ROI if things go well with the particular tech I've invested in.
Always that 'hope' there too you may have one that a Roman Abramovich wants
smileys-money-114847.gif

Last edited:
•••
I love domaining because in the last year I made $9K pure profit with pretty much zero work (99.99% reg fee names)
I know it's peanuts for the "big guys" but I do it for fun.
I can't think of any other hobby where you actually earn money not just spend it.
Hi bluebox, great post, very encouraging. I am interested in the fact that you hand register many of your domain names! What type of names do you mostly register - brandables of keyword domains? If it is keyword what sort of search volue do you look for?

•••
Hi bluebox, great post, very encouraging. I am interested in the fact that you hand register many of your domain names! What type of names do you mostly register - brandables of keyword domains? If it is keyword what sort of search volue do you look for?
Most of the money I earned in last 12 months is from flipping 4L names (CHIPs and WP) - .net/org/co/biz/info
Very few end user offers/sales - almost all of them 3-4L names - .us, .co, io, tech and one brandable-ish .xyz
I've had quite a few brandable coms (5-6L) because of $1-3 coupons at Godaddy. But only these accepted to Bandbucket did good (above $10)
I don't like keyword names so I don't have a lot - mostly .co (eg. newsstand, sketchbook etc).

•••
Hello

I love domaining because for the most part, the people are some of the very brightest, creative, intelligent, passionate and agressive people around. also like the thing that you don't need huge capitals to try it. However I still don't have a single sale but I believe this happen really soon.

•••
This thread is such a pleasure to read... I like the thrill of hunting and sniping for unique names. It's sometimes really like big game hunting, only without the moral issue of killing.

And I like the feeling of my brain working and steaming at 101% of it's capacity when I browse and analyse names for potential trophies. And the moment of finding a "pearl" at 9 or 12 USD is so rewarding. Even if its not that easy to sell it, it looks great on "the trophy wall". Domaining is like tracking, hunting and collecting trophies for me.

•••
Because of the thrill of creating your own virtual "lotto tickets". You rarely ever win but when you do, it makes it all worth playing.

When I was a kid I used to love collecting and trading baseball cards. Domaining gives me the same feeling... only difference is it helps pay them darn bills.

•••
I like making a living while sleeping in pajama.

•••
Very little investment required for a decent ROI. Where else can you invest $1 and get a $1,000 return?

Note: this does not mean to go out and hand register a bunch of domains thinking they will sell for $1,000. But it is possible and happens frequently with brandable domains.

•••
Very little investment required for a decent ROI. $1 in something and get a $1,000 return?

Like this month I've made $3,500+ with a $70 investment. And I even got a far better ROI lol

•••
Awesome thank you for sharing!

•••
Rightly or wrongly it reminds me of Monopoly which I've always loved playing. It's an exciting industry. Sort of unbelievable how 'small' it is.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back