Dynadot

What are you listening to at the moment?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
this topic should be asked in any forum. :)

What are you listening to at the moment?

Right now I'm listening to

T.I. ft. Rihanna - Live your life

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen
26 January 1955 - 6 October 2020

•••
R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen

I blew out the back glass of my Trans Am testing a new stereo system and speakers to Eruption. His passing saddens me deeply. Originally called 'Mammoth' when they were doing house parties back in the day, the song below carries special meaning to me. Thank you Eddie for all the awesome songs that are part of the soundtrack of my life...

•••
•••
Man, I've got a lot of music posts to catch up on! A little breaking news over a long running legal battle...Zep won!

Led Zeppelin Won Their ‘Stairway To Heaven’ Copyright Infringement Case With The Supreme Court

https://uproxx.com/indie/led-zeppelin-wins-stairway-to-heaven-court-case/

EDIT: By the way...here is the song that is the subject of the case. I am a Zep fan but give it a listen...me thinks Mr Page liked their (Spirit) tune a lot!

Page and Plant borrowed a lot though perhaps no more than others of their era - but they did it with such swagger!

The legendary Bert Jansch

Last edited:
•••
Every Lick / Riff has been done by somebody at some point, even some drunk garage band kids one night and they never recorded it, so in reality there is no original music, just variations of stuff that has been done before.
Trying to get copyright rights on a riff...?
I've played that same C walk down in different tunes, at different beats, with different fills thousands of times. So has anyone else that has played long enough. It doesnt take much to change one song into another.... whether you are trying to or not.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
If you're liking them enough and haven't yet, try their Verona concert.

My old comp took a crap, so I finally got around to listening to the whole thing...amazing concert!! (y)

A Rock star's Rock star... RIP Eddie :sorry:

Last edited:
•••
I admire Van Halen for the silly clause that they put into their contract with promoters.

"No brown M & M s".

Looks silly, but real reason was dead serious.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
What we didn't know about Eddie

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Nice.

More Australia music evolution:

I cannot even watch this video in Australia due to Youtube copyright restrictions :(

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Tom Parker has inoperable brain cancer. Lost a friend to this many years ago...I became his personal taxi toward the end. We would shoot pool and as he lost his vision I would tell him how to line up his shots (more than one person got hit with flying cue balls). He traveled with a briefcase with both types of drugs to help with his pain (legal and illegal). During this time I bought a new corvette and I stopped by the bar he owned to show it to him. He saw me come in the parking lot and slipped out the back door with some help...when they told me where he was I rounded the corner just in time to see him pissing on my rear tire. I told him I would repay the favor when the time came. RIP Jason.

•••
"when we forget the infection, will we remember the lesson?"

Fine acting in this one by Forrest Whitaker

•••
•••
these guys are so cool to watch, if you ever get a chance you should go and see them, its worth it:

Pachelbel's Canon in D is arguably the most famous classical piece ever written. This is the first time I've heard lyrics added to the instrumental.

Last edited:
•••
So glad I stumbled on to this one...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back