Dynadot

discuss What are the best marketplaces and registrars that DO NOT partner with Afternic or Dan?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoveCatchyDomains

Daring to LiveTop Member
Impact
What are the best options for registrars and marketplaces that do not partner with Dan or Afternic?
I've had to deal with unauthorized listings too many times on Dan and Afternic.

My previous registrar was unable to control the many Afternic FT requests that kept appearing despite deleting all my domains from both Dan and Afternic. So that was a strong factor in leaving them and moving my domains elsewhere. And I am not interested in doing business with any of the 100+ partners that have not bothered to check that the actual owners (or their agents) authorized the listing.

My current registrar has been able to stop that nuisance, but appears helpless when it comes to advocating removal of the unauthorized domains that keep showing on Dan, Afternic and GoDaddy---despite verifying ownership repeatedly. And they are a partner for Afternic/Dan, which makes them far less appealing to me.

So I really would like to know if there are any notable alternatives out there, especially for registars that have their own independent marketplaces? Sedo and Daaz appear to be independent marketplaces, but are there any well-established registrar-marketplace combos that might be good options.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yes, Daaz and Sedo are the two big ones. I was wondering about other options as well.

•••
•••
I'm happy with Dynadot so far.

They allow a 'sales pitch' on the parked domains and, although a little confusing, they allow payment options.

•••
Sedo and SquadHelp
Thanks. So Squadhelp is not an Afternic/Dan/GoDaddy partner?

If so, it's nice to know that such a large marketplace remains independent.

•••
Sedo and SquadHelp are partners . If you tick for your domains on SH to appear in Sedo, no need posting them in Sedo.

•••
Sedo and SquadHelp are partners . If you tick for your domains on SH to appear in Sedo, no need posting them in Sedo.
Thanks for that tidbit. Dynadot's direct listing with Sedo works great. So I'm glad to see that Squadhelp provides this handy feature as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back