Dynadot

What are you listening to at the moment?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
this topic should be asked in any forum. :)

What are you listening to at the moment?

Right now I'm listening to

T.I. ft. Rihanna - Live your life

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In this crazy world, one thing is constant...good ol' tunes! :headphone:

•••
•••
A song for those that harm (and steal) from others...

•••
New music from Gunship...takes me back to those wild and crazy days in Miami.

•••
Probably the first 'techno beat' album I heard (and bought)...
This was the first CD I ever bought...also the first music I bought when I moved to LA. I did not even have a player yet!

On a much sadder note...we have lost one of the great ones today. Thank you for the beautiful music Christine.

CHRISTINE MCVIE DEAD AT 79 ...Stevie Nicks Writes Touching Message​

Christine McVie, the co-lead vocalist and keyboardist of Fleetwood Mac has died.

A statement from Christine's family released reads, "She passed away peacefully at hospital this morning, Wednesday, November 30th 2022, following a short illness. She was in the company of her family. We kindly ask that you respect the family’s privacy at this extremely painful time, and we would like everyone to keep Christine in their hearts and remember the life of an incredible human being, and revered musician who was loved universally."

One of her bandmates, Stevie Nicks, expressed her pain after the loss of her "best friend in the whole world" ... saying she had no clue Christine was sick until this past weekend, and wanted to be with her, but was told to wait.

Stevie says the song "Hallelujah" by HAIM has been on her mind ever since she found out Christine was ill ... saying "I always knew I would need these words one day." She finishes her letter, "See you on the other side my love. Don't forget me."

https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/30/fleetwood-mac-christine-mcvie-dead-dies/

•••
•••
•••
Another pretty good picker.

Thats his brother Ric on drums.

Peace,
Kenny
Ten Years After :xf.cool: Who was listening then? :unsure:

One of my favourites, poignant lyrics have stood the test of time ...50 Years After!

Last edited:
•••
All the music...so many concerts, so much beer, so much weed...and so many women. Even though you lost that first race...your GTO against my TA 454...you came back for many others over dozens of years and you kept trying to win (and wrecked more than once in the process). You enjoyed hanging out at the radio station so much I pushed you go for that non speaking part to break into the business...you took that movie gig and turned into a fantastic career in front of and behind the camera (thanks for the Kim Basinger banister!).

But this life with all its losses...your older brother, your father and finally your mother...took its toll. A vindictive ex-wife that caused the alienation of your children added to the despair. Now that pain is gone for you and you have found peace in another place. I look forward to the time when we can again clean the clocks of anyone that dares to challenge us to a game of pool or foosball. Rest well Ronnie, you deserve it.

•••
@Kenny I appreciate your kind words and I am sorry for your loss..., as you know, it is not easy to watch a friend go.

I am grateful namepros afforded me the opportunity to post something...the brothers and sister of my friend locked all his social media...they did not even take the time or energy to create a gathering of his friends...no memorial...nothing. Money and sibling rivalry at its finest (although he was the youngest of 5, he was the favorite...and just as I did at one time, he moved back home to care for his dying parents).

Music is such a powerful and binding force...in the case of my friend, he could give Steve Perry a run for his money...and looking like a young Harrison Ford did not hurt his appeal to the ladies either! :xf.smile:

It is sad to hear of the passing of Ronnie Spector...not many people knew that she was part of the song below. You and I (and everyone reading this) can continue to live for our friends and brothers that have departed...we know they would want it that way. In my case, I decided to get a bike...I've been thinking about it for a couple of years...ordered my leathers last night.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is my favorite song by “Childish Gambino”
This song has nearly 700M views.

Good to listen before bed🛌 or relax, as it's slow.​

Mozart for Sleeping :ROFL:

1697698993159.png

"Mozart is a high value keyword that has an average sale price of $2237." - GoDaddy :xf.wink: :ROFL: 🎵

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

Michael Nesmith, Monkees Singer-Songwriter, Dead at 78​

“With infinite love we announce that Michael Nesmith has passed away this morning in his home, surrounded by family, peacefully and of natural causes,” his family said in a statement

Monkees singer and guitarist Michael Nesmith, a pop visionary who penned many of the group’s most enduring songs before laying the groundwork for country rock with the First National Band in the early Seventies, died Friday from natural causes. He was 78.

“With Infinite Love we announce that Michael Nesmith has passed away this morning in his home, surrounded by family, peacefully and of natural causes,” his family said in a statement. “We ask that you respect our privacy at this time and we thank you for the love and light that all of you have shown him and us.”

Nesmith was known as the Monkee in the green wool hat with the thick Texas drawl, and the writer of songs like “Mary, Mary,” “Circle Sky,” “Listen to the Band,” and “The Girl I Knew Somewhere.” But he raged behind the scenes that the group didn’t have creative control of its albums, and in 1967 led the successful rebellion against record producer Don Kirshner. The group would subsequently release Headquarters and other albums created largely on its own.

(much more to the article...)

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/monkees-michael-nesmith-dead-1270079/

•••
I'm a villager, villager, villager... yeh ye.

•••
•••
•••
Timeless Tunes stand the test of time. Then there is Immortal Music : Very Rarely in concert form.

Marillion - Brave

•••
•••
^^Great tune!^^ That brought this one to mind...I think 2525 is a bit ambitious now.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back