IT.COM

news Warning: With Namejet/Snapnames Joint Backorder You Can Windup Bidding Against Yourself

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
A few weeks ago Namejet.com and SnapNames.com announced that if you placed a backorder on one of the systems for a deleting domain name backorders would be placed for the deleting domain names on both systems. It makes a lot of sense since saves the effort of putting the same deleting domain names into both systems. The idea is if the domain is caught by one or the other service and there … [Read more...]

Screen-Shot-2016-05-16-at-11.17.34-AM.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
These two businesses merging this way is bad for domainers, competition is great for clients mergers are a disaster for customers. I have a great way of bidding for domains , instead of going back and forth with bids I would just place a maximum bid and go to sleep . I have a rule set on outlook to auto delete outbid notices :)
anyway thanks for the heads up.

•••
These two businesses merging this way is bad for domainers

Ya' think?

Your intuition is good. Your common sense is showing, be proud of it. Frankly, I believe doing business with either entity was foolish enough prior to any merger. I can't believe anyone gives a nickel one to Snapnames.

I envision that now you'll have a different entity holding each of your legs, with you turned upside down, the cash falling from your pockets.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back