IT.COM

question Dropcatching strategy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Proggo

Impact
Hello everyone,

First, I'd like to say that this forum is the definition of why I love internet. So much informations from people passionate about a niche topic, it amazes me.

Well, I've been searching for this information on the forum but can't find a definitive answer. I'm looking to buy a specific domain that is close to expiration. I can already see it on both DropCatch.com and SnapNames.com

My question is: Is it a better option to place a backorder on both websites, or is it better to keep it low profile with just one backorder?
If the number of different backorder service provider is important, is it better to place a backorder on every website that offers similar services? If yes, can you point me for other relevant ones?

Thanks for any help !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally would stick to dropcatch.

•••
Whichever is cheapest.

But dropcatch always wins

•••
You don't need to place a backorder on every website that offers the service. Use DropCatch only.

It's the fast and powerful. Once a domain name is backordered via DropCatch, it's almost impossible for any other service to snag it.

But there's no harm in hedging your bet by placing a similar order at SnapNames.

That being said, be prepared to enter into a bidding war for the domain name.

•••
Thanks for your replies !

All right, I'll stay focused on DropCatch.

That being said, be prepared to enter into a bidding war for the domain name.
Well I hope the domain I'm looking for is not that much interesting but who knows.

•••
You guys all went with dropcatch

But it’s been several weeks since I went with dropcatch backorder service trying to get domains.

Highly valuables and LLLL.com for 25 days were caught by other services
( mostly networksolutions aka namejet or sav )
Never got one.
Of course most of them went for auction but the remaining domains went all with different registrars.

Last edited:
•••
DC is n°1 according to my stats.
Snapname/Namejet is n°2.
Then the backorder process depends on the slots that the registrants have but also on luck so it may happen that tier2 services win some domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back