IT.COM

WARNING! On Exabytes registrar - BAD business practice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have 200 plus domains with exabytes registrar and I sold 181 domains to a buyer and Exabytes does not have the feature to get your code to transfer domains (EPP) Yes you cant get an EPP unless you email them and ask for it. They can take days to give you it and by that time you could lose a sale which I did.
Question is, is that an ICANN violation?
I tried last week to get my EPP codes and they gave me old expired EPP codes for old domains. I have emailed them over and over and now I have dead websites and I refused to renew with Exabytes.
Horrible support and they cant understand English at all as I was super clear on I want ALL MY EPPS codes.
Crazy you have to get permission from them to move a domain name.
BAD! BAD! BAD!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You’re right. Sounds like a move out of Network Solutions’ playbook...

Last edited:
•••
AFAIK per ICANN rules they have up to 5 days to provide the code when you request it...

•••
EPP/Auth Code for domain transfer should be made automatically available on client's domain control panel next to their domain. I do not find any need to email the registrar and ask for it and then they manually email you back. It's a bad practice. You're definitely loosing a sale if the registrar fails to provide transfer code in time!

•••
AFAIK per ICANN rules they have up to 5 days to provide the code when you request it...

Rules that seriously need to be amended...

Last edited:
•••
Wow! I am learning a lot from you guys.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back