NameSilo

Moniker Refusing Transfer Outs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So I bought a domain awhile back from someone. They had it at moniker, and I don't use them.

So finally, I decided to move over to Namecheap. I unlocked the domain and got the EPP from moniker.

I did the transfer at Namecheap and put in the EPP code.
After wards, I waited and it took longer than normal. Finally today I get an email stating Moniker refused the transfer?

Has anyone ever been refused by them? This is odd, because I can't see why they would refuse it besides not wanting to lose me as a customer.

I have put in a support ticket, because this is a bit ridiculous. :-/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you should contact moniker. Maybe ask them to generate another code and try again.

•••
normally there is a locking period of 45-60 days for newly registered/transfered domains or you have made any changes in administrative contacts.

same kind of situation happened with me on one of my godaddy domain when i tried to move domain to namecheap, because recently i have made changes in administrative contacts so domain will remain locked for next 45 days further from the date i have made changes.

•••
normally there is a locking period of 45-60 days for newly registered/transfered domains or you have made any changes in administrative contacts.

same kind of situation happened with me on one of my godaddy domain when i tried to move domain to namecheap, because recently i have made changes in administrative contacts so domain will remain locked for next 45 days further from the date i have made changes.
hmm I don't think I've made any changes in the last 6-8 months. I renewed it about 8 months ago. Other than that... I don't recall making changes and this domain isn't new or been transferred before.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

you should contact moniker. Maybe ask them to generate another code and try again.
Ya I've done that, though it seems like a new company bought them.

Oversee? Seems to be running their support area, as well as Snapnames and a few others.

Support is terrible so far. Been about 2 hours now.

•••
I suppose you need to try to do the operation on your end with help of them .
That would be the best option.

•••
I hate to ask the obvious, but is the domain unlocked?

•••
•••
Have you checked your email for the domain to make sure Moniker hasn't sent you an approval email of some type.

•••
I did the transfer at Namecheap and put in the EPP code.

After wards, I waited and it took longer than normal. Finally today I get an email stating Moniker refused the transfer?:-/

:hi:

Why don't you contact NameCheap and see if you can get the reason for the transfer decline from
them.

A reason has to be given by Moniker (losing Registrar) to NameCheap (gaining Registrar) for the transfer denial.

FYI

Changes to WhoIs is not a valid reason for denying a domain transfer and is a violation of ICANN's policy.

So yes, GoDaddy, is in violation of the Registrar-Registry Agreement..

Moniker will deny a transfer out if it's within 7 days (I think) of the expiration date.

That is also a violation of ICANN's policy.

I know that's not the issue here.

Good luck.

•••
Look guys. If he got the EPP code from moniker the domain is unlocked. There is also no hold period. He should be good to go.

@freshfroot - If the transfer took longer than 10 days you will need to start the process again. Moniker relock the domain after 10 days. Also Oversee/Moniker support sucks. You rarely, if ever, get a reply. They make the support process overly complicated. I've had the same problem with another Oversee company.

•••
Okay well Moniker replied and stated they DID NOT refuse the transfer, nor did they get a transfer request from namecheap.

So I am waiting a reply from Namecheap.

I'm not sure what went on, but it seems like something went wrong in the process. I might have to get Namecheap to redo it again.

Thanks for the info stub, I will most likely have to re do the epp code unlock as well, since in 4 days it will auto lock again.

I'll see what namecheap has to say now, and hopefully can work this out.

•••
Okay well Moniker replied and stated they DID NOT refuse the transfer, nor did they get a transfer request from namecheap.

Well, well... that sounds familiar. I had the same issue with Moniker some time back - I was transferring to Godaddy. When I wrote to Moniker, they replied:

Moniker.com did not find any request from any registrar to transfer this domain name.

If this gaining registrar states that we have denied this transfer, I ask that they submit such evidence to us or resubmit the domain name for transfer.

I doubt it's intentional, as Moniker has other glitches in their system that have caused problems elsewhere for me.

They just keep slipping, it seems.

•••
Well, well... that sounds familiar. I had the same issue with Moniker some time back - I was transferring to Godaddy. When I wrote to Moniker, they replied:

Moniker.com did not find any request from any registrar to transfer this domain name.

If this gaining registrar states that we have denied this transfer, I ask that they submit such evidence to us or resubmit the domain name for transfer.

I doubt it's intentional, as Moniker has other glitches in their system that have caused problems elsewhere for me.

They just keep slipping, it seems.
So what did you do then? Did you get Godaddy to re-try the transfer?

BTW, that's exactly what they said to me too! Word for word.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Namecheap has replied:

The transfer was canceled and refunded based on the command received from the Registry, advising that current registrar registrar rejected it. It *could* be an error Registry side, but most probably it isn't as they do not happen very often, to say the least. We assume transfer was canceled by the current registrar indeed; and this is the exact reason why they are not able to see any outgoing transfers for your domain. We do not see and reasons why they should do this though - domain is unlocked, whois public, registration or recent transfer was more than 60 days ago.

It seems it will be impossible to investigate what exactly happened here. We suggest resubmitting this transfer. Please let us know if you'll encounter any errors while doing so - we will be happy to do this for you.

Last edited:
•••
I just resubmitted the transfer, and it worked the 2nd time.

•••
Well it was quick, but within 12 hours the domain was finally transferred.

I will say I won't ever be going back to Moniker again.

•••
Have not had this problem with Moniker and did a transfer out very recently.

Email support @ oversee . net for the best help in my experience.

•••
Moniker has one of the best support systems available, unfortunate that you didn't have a similar experience.

•••
Moniker has horrible support I sent three tickets for one issue and never got a response..... I faxed them and called and left voicemails and nothing.... it wasn't until I started complaining on big forum communities that they took action.

The funny thing is Moniker has a office here in Portland and I probably should have went straight there first.

•••
moniker used to have good support until they are bought by oversee. However this may not be moniker problem, it could be Namecheap as well.

•••
Its not NameCheap.... NameCheap uses Enom and before a transfer request goes through their system checks to see if the domain is ready for transfer....

1. It must be unlocked
2. It must be outside the non-transfer period
3. It must not have private whois

its a automated process.... Moniker has rejected transfers out for me in the past and so has 1&1

•••
Maybe I'm an exception but I find Moniker support extremely good even now.

The best way is to open a support ticket, usually takes a little time but you do get a response and issues are resolved successfully.

Transfers take varying times, some as short as a few hours, some as much as 7 days, so you do need to be patient.

•••
I've never had an issue with Moniker.

•••
Its not NameCheap.... NameCheap uses Enom and before a transfer request goes through their system checks to see if the domain is ready for transfer....

1. It must be unlocked
2. It must be outside the non-transfer period
3. It must not have private whois

its a automated process.... Moniker has rejected transfers out for me in the past and so has 1&1

It CAN'T be namecheap. I transfered domains from 3 different registrar. One was from moniker.. and that was the only on that failed!

Also someone stated the same thing happened to them, and they stated the SAME reply to him word for word.

moniker used to have good support until they are bought by oversee. However this may not be moniker problem, it could be Namecheap as well.

Ya, I saw this oversee cupport and didn't understand what it was? I normally used their own support. So I was confused, but oversee is terrible. It took them well over a day to reply.

Moniker has horrible support I sent three tickets for one issue and never got a response..... I faxed them and called and left voicemails and nothing.... it wasn't until I started complaining on big forum communities that they took action.

The funny thing is Moniker has a office here in Portland and I probably should have went straight there first.

Luckly mine got answered, but I could've swore that the lady was referring to me in a angered way. I definitely didn't sense politeness in her response.

Moniker has one of the best support systems available, unfortunate that you didn't have a similar experience.

Oversee is the best support systems? Dear god if, so I think we should all just commit suicide now!

Maybe I'm an exception but I find Moniker support extremely good even now.

The best way is to open a support ticket, usually takes a little time but you do get a response and issues are resolved successfully.

Transfers take varying times, some as short as a few hours, some as much as 7 days, so you do need to be patient.

Well my issues wasn't resolved.. Unless they did something without telling me to resolve it. They just pinned their mistake on another company. That doesn't seem to professional to me.

•••
Wow.. these guys are a complete joke!

After I transferred away. They are telling me, that I need to renew my domain with them?

What the heck are they trying to pull here. My new registrar already shows my domain there and a normal whois doesn't show moniker anymore.

Talk about a crappy system they have installed....

Stay away from this joke of a registrar. Every since oversee took them over, it's just been problems non stop!

•••
Moniker has awful customer service. I have 8 domains with them
that have yet to be transferred to the new owners. I contacted
their customer support, and this was the reply "Please reinitiate
transfer". What the hell???

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back