Dynadot

Redirection exabytes problematic? Solution

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pepto

Established Member
Impact
Good evening NP just a quick rant.

I have a couple of domains i'm trying to redirect to a Brandable site in order for them to be listed.

They are registered on exabytes and i have had nothing but problems trying to use any method to re-direct.

Is someone able to clarify the "need" to purchase hosting to do this as i assumed any re-direction would be hosted wherever you are pointing the site too.

Twice i have contacted exabytes and both times urged me to purchase hosting which i declined to do after i questioned the process after humming and hawing they started to unravel.. You can redirect,you can use a Cname etc then i was told i had a DNS conflict ?

Here is a sample email i received

Hello xxxx

Thank you for contacting, I’m xxxx, the person in-charge of your case.
For any Emergency technical assistance, kindly create a NEW case at url (https://support.exabytes.com/support/tickets/new ), this will allow us to assist you immediately.

Kindly note that, using a free DNS management service, there is no option to set URL re-direction. You can set CNAME records, however, it will not re-direct the site, note that while using the CNAME option, the domain's entry should actually exist on the destination server.

In order to set the URL re-direction, you will need to either purchase DNS management service for both the domains or will need to purchase a webhosting account with us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So why does exabytes do this as i'm sure other registrars have no issue setting CNAME or redirections?

The brandable site in question does not use NS to confirm but a specific URL..

Any input would be great.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back