Domain Empire

Moniker Refusing Transfer Outs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So I bought a domain awhile back from someone. They had it at moniker, and I don't use them.

So finally, I decided to move over to Namecheap. I unlocked the domain and got the EPP from moniker.

I did the transfer at Namecheap and put in the EPP code.
After wards, I waited and it took longer than normal. Finally today I get an email stating Moniker refused the transfer?

Has anyone ever been refused by them? This is odd, because I can't see why they would refuse it besides not wanting to lose me as a customer.

I have put in a support ticket, because this is a bit ridiculous. :-/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry for any inconvenience!!

If anyone is (still) running into issues with support please email me directly with your case numbers and I'll follow up.

•••
Sadly, I have to agree with others in that Moniker's support and service has plummeted downhill since they were bought by Oversee.

I strongly recommend any serious domainer stay away from them (the opposite of the advice I used to give).

•••
Sorry for any inconvenience!!

If anyone is (still) running into issues with support please email me directly with your case numbers and I'll follow up.

If you were taking care of business at Moniker instead of lurking in domainer forums to paint a happy face on a pathetic situation, perhaps the issues regarding sub-par service wouldn't fester in the first place.

•••
If you were taking care of business at Moniker instead of lurking in domainer forums to paint a happy face on a pathetic situation, perhaps the issues regarding sub-par service wouldn't fester in the first place.

Hi HeyNow - I'm not lurking in domainer forums painting happy faces - I'm trying to assist.

•••

wow, a little uncalled for there?

A lot of registrars and server companies have reps on forums to help out, nothing wrong with that and personally I think it provides a needed service.

Last edited:
•••
Well I wanted to give my input. You probably read my thread.

Who ever provided me support was VERY rude and accused me of trashing the company. Truth is your company HAD to have revoked my transfer out of Moniker. Because I had transferred several domains to another company from different places. All transferred fine except the one from Moniker.

On the 2nd try after I contacted support it worked literally within a few hours.

I don't like the fact that your system is having problems. I don't know if someone DID revoke the transfer or if it was a system error.

Also after I transfered out, I keep getting emails about renewing my domain. Which makes no sense, because I transfered the domain. So technically you are lying to me about it and trying to steal more $ from me.

If it's something wrong with your system you need to fix it.

I can tell you now I will NOT be using Moniker ever again. It wasn't as bad until now as it was sold or taken over by oversee.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Moniker has awful customer service. I have 8 domains with them
that have yet to be transferred to the new owners. I contacted
their customer support, and this was the reply "Please reinitiate
transfer". What the hell???
That means you need to try again.

I'm sure it will work the 2nd time. I really have NO idea why. But almost everyone has troubles with it for the 1st transfer request, but the 2nd seems to work. I don't know if they do something on their end to fix it for the 2nd time or not.

•••
wow, a little uncalled for there?

A lot of registrars and server companies have reps on forums to help out, nothing wrong with that and personally I think it provides a needed service.

You sound naive. The only reason they lurk in forums is because each domainer here or in other forums usually owns or controlls dozens, hundreds, or thousands of domains. Additionally, members here and in other domainer forums eagerly participate in the auctions, which are the lifeblood of many low-lifes in the industry. Snapnames, an admitted mass-fraudster, comes to mind here. Isn't Moniker affiliated in some fashion with Snapnames? And you think my comments are "uncalled for?" You are only fooling yourself if you think my comments are "uncalled for." If you only owned one or two domains, Moniker wouldn't give two shits about you, IMHO. Otherwise, they'd respond vigorously to each support email, and facilitate fast transfers-out 100% of the time. It's funny that there is never, and I mean NEVER a problem or delay with the winning registrar, only the losing registrar.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Hi HeyNow - I'm not lurking in domainer forums painting happy faces - I'm trying to assist.

I don't understand why you must "assist" in a domainer forum, instead of at the office where the incoming complaint emails go unanswered. To me that means if the complainer doesn't participate here or in other domainer forums, their cries for help will flounder in an abyss created by YOUR EMPLOYER to disregard the needs of anyone pulling a domain from your grasp.

Also, let me add that I participate in domainer forums, and do indeed witness your appearances in the quest to clean up bad PR generated from your employer's shitty customer service.

•••
I don't understand why you must "assist" in a domainer forum, instead of at the office where the incoming complaint emails go unanswered. To me that means if the complainer doesn't participate here or in other domainer forums, their cries for help will flounder in an abyss created by YOUR EMPLOYER to disregard the needs of anyone pulling a domain from your grasp.

Also, let me add that I participate in domainer forums, and do indeed witness your appearances in the quest to clean up bad PR generated from your employer's shitty customer service.

I have to agree with you here. Though, maybe she is not part of the support team. And possible another part of the company and wants to lend a hand? I've seen CEO's etc.. who don't run the support department. But, they still like to help people out.

As far as their support.. its pretty poor. I don't know why they sold out to Oversee, but it wasn't a good decision in mind.

Oh well I am done with this discussion now. I moved on from Moniker and that is that now.

All the best. :ghost:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back