NameSilo

Travel.Agency sold for $9,999

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MisterSoft.com

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Congratulations to Ali Zandi on his sale :)
What do you think about this sale?
Please share your your views :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Smart marketing from Zandi.. Selling a new tld for $9999 is quite impressive.

•••
Travel.Agency domain name got enormous publicity, everywhere this name was mentioned while it was in auction on Flippa. The new owner is really a lucky person, he should cash on the vast publicity it got and make some constructive decision to exploit this just right name. I think any travel companies will get it finally from the new owner.

•••
And there it goes another thread about travel.agency. As far as I can see, two newbies were bidding at the end. There is a great chance that this sale will not happen. Too much for that name, but the marketing efforts of zandi and all his associates here and there made it happen.

•••
Smart marketing from Zandi.. Selling a new tld for $9999 is quite impressive.
Depends on the initial purchase cost.

•••
I think he did add another year, a short while before the auction ended.
I actually think this offer was right at the end of the auction, as a further sweetener, i am aware it was renewed as well

•••
I thought it was stated as $5,000 on domain sherpa ?? .........i might be wrong ??

•••
Then the profit is 5K, but that was a risky purchase.

•••
Then the profit is 5K, but that was a risky purchase.
Add in the other extensions and an extra year renewal, brings it down just a tad, but it's gotta be considered a win for the seller at this point

•••
Let us end this publicity for this domain name. We get no gain in boasting or criticizing this much hyped domain name. Let us concentrate on something else worth beneficial.

•••
It's a win because ROI was made and that in domaining is a goal achieved IMO. It doesn't matter what extension it is as a profit was made and that's all that matters and the auction ran for a while and the buyer is aware of their purchase.

All business will have a P&L and if you are in the positive that's a great result IMO

•••

The domain sold for this price because of the publicity it created..He created a hype and sold it..If the owner was a beginner then he would have never sold ..

•••
I think the renewal fee for travel.agency was pretty close to $500 per year! Please correct me if misquote the renewal fee. Yes, Ali Zandi did the right thing :)

I was talking about the renewals for the new owner. I don't know if the new owner will have to pay a premium too. If they do, that makes it even worse!

•••
Bottom line if he knows how to market and sell a name and the market decides and pays that price then good for him.

Secondly the ROI he can make on that $10k over the next 10 years from this moment on by flipping and re-investing a number of times is probably going to be a lot higher than the ROI on that name minus renewals over the next 10 years.

Whatever gets you from point A to point B in the quickest time is the best decision.

•••
The domain sold for this price because of the publicity it created..He created a hype and sold it..If the owner was a beginner then he would have never sold ..

100% true. Thats why he promotes his site to newbies and offers domaining advice.

More eyeballs on your site more publicity for your auctions. Smart move on this part.

If you are perceived as an expert then people will believe that everything you say is gold.

Many people who appear on the Sherpa show take advantage of their "celebrity" to promote their blogs.

They make a small fortune off newbies who click their affiliate links and buy the recommended domains.

I still think the name is a great name, and valuable, just not now, maybe not worth 10K.

Who knows, five years from now it may be worth 50K and we will all feel stupid for not buying it.

•••
•••
Secondly the ROI he can make on that $10k over the next 10 years from this moment on by flipping and re-investing a number of times is probably going to be a lot higher than the ROI on that name minus renewals over the next 10 years.

It is a big gamble for 10K. I would rather pick up a new TLD on the drop in the next year or two for much less and gamble with that.

Nobody has mentioned that even though it is a killer name it is still just "travel agency" in the end.

Not a market with a lot of big pocketbooks.

Most travel agencies are smaller, local companies, and may not have the funds to buy a name for a high dollar amount.

You would have to hope a bigger player with more money would be interested.

There will not be many big players in this market, so the pool of potential buyers with a large enough bank account will be much smaller, making it harder to sell for enough $ to get your money back and still make it worth paying 10K and holding it for a while.

•••

The best bet would be to sell it to the next investor for big $$, and move on.

•••
$15 to $24 renewals every year for who knows how long before it will be sold, and must be sold for more than 10k to make it worthwhile.

I would rather spend the $ on some good dot coms instead.
as far as I remember from Domainsherpa interview Renewals fee is $1000 and Ali paid $4000 for it, few months back, he also renewed it for another year during an auction on flippa, so looks like he made $4.999 doing nothing in few months , very nice flip. ;)

http://www.domainsherpa.com/review-20151214/

•••
I actually expected it to sell for a more, still a good flip though. 100% ROI.... 10 points to Ali

•••
as far as I remember from Domainsherpa interview Renewals fee is $1000 and Ali paid $4000 for it, few months back, he also renewed it for another year during an auction on flippa, so looks like he made $4.999 doing nothing in few months , very nice flip. ;)

Must have been looking at the wrong info somehow.

Here are some current renewal rates for .travel:

Gandi.net - $90.00

Name.com - $99.00

Dotste r- $135.99

•••

Gandi.net - $90.00

Name.com - $99.00

Dotste r- $135.99
Those are the rates for non-premiums I imagine. This was a premium.
With regard to the profit, you also need to deduct Flippa's commission.

•••
•••

Gandi.net - $90.00

Name.com - $99.00

Dotste r- $135.99
He shelled out $4,000, that is not doing nothing.

•••
Be careful of Premium domain names. I too tasted the bitterness of the so called "premium" domain name. Someone bought The.Couch for $ 1,000 Premium price and the renewal charge is also $ 1,000 per year. He sold someone during the year for a loss. The the second buyer sold it to me for $ 65. I bought it in only three months ago, I noticed that the renewal charge is $ 1,000, you know what? I sold it for just ONE DOLLAR in a Ebay auction this month early.

•••
Be careful of Premium domain names. I too tasted the bitterness of the so called "premium" domain name. Someone bought The.Couch for $ 1,000 Premium price and the renewal charge is also $ 1,000 per year. He sold someone during the year for a loss. The the second buyer sold it to me for $ 65. I bought it in only three months ago, I noticed that the renewal charge is $ 1,000, you know what? I sold it for just ONE DOLLAR in a Ebay auction this month early.
That buyer Was trying to sell it on namepros without disclosing the renewal

https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-coach-a-n-y-offer-is-ok.923348/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back