Domain Empire

Travel.Agency sold for $9,999

NameSilo
Watch

MisterSoft.com

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Congratulations to Ali Zandi on his sale :)
What do you think about this sale?
Please share your your views :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Be careful of Premium domain names. I too tasted the bitterness of the so called "premium" domain name. Someone bought The.Couch for $ 1,000 Premium price and the renewal charge is also $ 1,000 per year. He sold someone during the year for a loss. The the second buyer sold it to me for $ 65. I bought it in only three months ago, I noticed that the renewal charge is $ 1,000, you know what? I sold it for just ONE DOLLAR in a Ebay auction this month early.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Well, we live and learn :)

•••
•••
Pretty good job selling it for $9k plus

•••
Well, there are too many Watch-Dogs around to protect fellow novice domainers from these misleading deals.
The BOTTOM LINE IS: Always ask for the renewal fee when you are dealing with nGTLDS ==> Red-Flag :)

It's generally highly recommended to check all fees / conditions before purchasing a domain / whatever ;)

•••
Must have been looking at the wrong info somehow.

Here are some current renewal rates for .travel:

Gandi.net - $90.00

Name.com - $99.00

Dotste r- $135.99

I don't know what I was thinking - I posted the prices for . travel

The prices for .agency are even cheaper for renewal as I originally posted, between $15 and $35.

•••
It's generally highly recommended to check all fees / conditions before purchasing a domain / whatever ;)
Not for .com when it comes to renewals.

To place an ad up knowing it has a $1000 renewal and failing to mention it is just unenthical, especially if it is coming due for renewal in 1 week.

•••
Not for .com when it comes to renewals.
As you like ;)
I check all and everything before buying whatever.
Also a .com domain.
Of course.

Last edited:
•••
As you like ;)
I check all and everything before buying whatever.
Also a .com domain.
Of course.
When it comes to renewals, you don't need to waste your time checking them on .com, they are all fixed per exchange. You can do whatever you please.

•••
When it comes to renewals, you don't need to waste your time checking them on .com, they are all fixed per exchange. You can do whatever you please.
I don't see it as time wasting when I check before what I have to pay - equal how the regular conditions are (even they can change).
And, even if I would check it three times, I will not see it as time wasting.

•••
I don't see it as time wasting when I check before what I have to pay - equal how the regular conditions are (even they can change).
Better be safe than sorry :)

•••
Congrats now you are the King of .Top, and the King of checking .com renewal prices.

•••
Congrats now you are the King of .Top, and the King of checking .com renewal prices.
I don't know if I am 'king of checking .com renewal prices' but I check whatever I can check if I think it makes sense.

Anyway, congrats to the seller / buyer of travel.agency and all the best with the money / domain now.

Last edited:
•••
•••
There is already a 16+ page promotional thread that's been active for quite a while on this subject, including the results.

•••
•••
I feel my name Travellers.xyz will give better ROI than this much hyped name? Given the high renewal fees, its very difficult to get returns.

•••
Congrats Ali, well done. Was watching the auction with interest as I had a feeling Mr Zandi would manage to pull off a decent sale. Clever man.

•••
The way gtlds are ranking; sell for more. Sell for a lot more.

•••
Congrats Ali! Glad to see this one go for such a decent price. I am sitting on Design.Agency myself... a purchase I made from Ali himself :) Although I have plans to build out the domain, this sale is enticing to list it!

•••
•••
My prediction was that it would go for 8.5K, so I was off a bit. Congrats to Ali Zandi for making a quick return on his investment.

Wherever anyone stands on the new gtlds, for or against them, I would not read too much into this sale. We are are a few years away from seeing how this all pans out.

•••
I am not a follower of mostly of the new extensions maybe except .club. Some years ago i bet on .mobi and failed, leave them all without any sale. Now i just buy and register TLDs mainly .com, .net, .org and even .info (the lesse expensive but very interesting to develop websites for reporting and news. I have some travels..... domains but for the moment i can´t reveal those names. Not for sale anyway. Congratulations for the winner of travel.agency. I worked as a travel agent during years but i would prefer something more specific like travelsNyc or travelsIndia just to give two examples (sadly are not mine).

•••
how mutch you guys think this domain worth ?
oil.agency

•••
Anyone else see Travel.Agency on Flippa again? Auction listing HERE

Current high bid: $1,011
6 bids with 14 days remaining

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back