Dynadot

Totally Surprised: 4 Letter i.e. LLLL.COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wanted to share with you guys that I recently sold an LLLL.COM domain for high four figure XXXX.00

This domain has non-premium letters and google search count was just about 500. There was no other site or product or acronym etc that had those letters. The domain was not a word in any language as far as I checked. It was not pronounceable either.

No such stock symbol either.

I did all kind research on buyer and their site but did not get any clues.

Couple of weeks ago I got an email asking if I would like to sell and for what price.

I thought someone is either spaming or bottom fishing, so I asked for high four figure.

I got email back that price is ok and I still didn't believe it.

To my surprise, the transaction closed quickly and without any negotiations on price.

I still don't believe it happened. I never expected to get that much for this domain.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This situation is caused by the Name Cartel. They will randomly purchase a domain at much higher than market value to keep the myth of high domain valuation alive and well, which in turn maintains the value of their own holdings.

After this post I have to, err, "disappear" for a while.

•••
Lasher said:
This situation is caused by the Name Cartel. They will randomly purchase a domain at much higher than market value to keep the myth of high domain valuation alive and well, which in turn maintains the value of their own holdings.

After this post I have to, err, "disappear" for a while.
LOL where the heck did that comment come from? You left out the other side of it. Not only do we overpay for the names we buy, but we also sell much lower than market value. I was in charge of sales this year and am expecting to be replaced.

Back to the thread topic. Congrats Rick. It will be interesting to see what comes of the name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back