IT.COM

Totally Surprised: 4 Letter i.e. LLLL.COM

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wanted to share with you guys that I recently sold an LLLL.COM domain for high four figure XXXX.00

This domain has non-premium letters and google search count was just about 500. There was no other site or product or acronym etc that had those letters. The domain was not a word in any language as far as I checked. It was not pronounceable either.

No such stock symbol either.

I did all kind research on buyer and their site but did not get any clues.

Couple of weeks ago I got an email asking if I would like to sell and for what price.

I thought someone is either spaming or bottom fishing, so I asked for high four figure.

I got email back that price is ok and I still didn't believe it.

To my surprise, the transaction closed quickly and without any negotiations on price.

I still don't believe it happened. I never expected to get that much for this domain.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well done.

I'm impressed that you showed respect to the buyer and kept the name and price confidential.

•••
VURG said:
Well done.

I'm impressed that you showed respect to the buyer and kept the name and price confidential.

I learned over the years that one must keep the domain confidential unless the buyer agrees to disclose it. Many people will bombard the buyer with emails pitching their domains and some buyers don't appreciate that. So it just make sense to keep it confidential imo.

Thanks.

•••
Perhaps it's Motorola...they use lots of LLLL names for their new cell phones, often with strange letter combos

•••
That is really impressive :tu: ! Congratulations :) !

You should do a whois and see if it matches Motorola's :) .

Good job!

True_Snake

•••
Congratulations, that's the type of sales we all dream of :lol:

•••
:lala:

Brilliant..
Good news like this gives us all hope that we can catch that elusive enduser sale.

I wonder what they would have paid !

Interesting to see what they do with it.
We sold a good 2 character .com domain 18 months which still resolves to our home page!

•••
Congrats! Thats a great sale on a par domain name - If only we could all be as fortunate!

•••
•••
You're definitely (like) the lucky people who wins the lottery. Congrats.

•••
rickkumar said:
To my surprise, the transaction closed quickly and without any negotiations on price.

I still don't believe it happened. I never expected to get that much for this domain.

Congrats! :music:

Please share how the parties negotiated the cost, terms, and ultimate transfer of both funds and the domain name - for instance, did you agree to use a third-party escrow service, and did the Buyer have experience in this process in the past, etc? :talk:

Thanks kindly for the insight! :gl:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Congrats! :music:

Please share how the parties negotiated the cost, terms, and ultimate transfer of both funds and the domain name - for instance, did you agree to use a third-party escrow service, and did the Buyer have experience in this process in the past, etc? :talk:

Thanks kindly for the insight! :gl:
-Jeff B-)

We used outside escrow and no price negotiations took place as I said in my original post. I just responded to the email inquiry by asking high xxxx.00 and the buyer said price is fine.

I was not sure if the sale will go thru but it did. Buyer has the domain and we have the money. Btw, the buyer seemed very experienced somehow. Must be buying for a client or someone imo.

Thanks everyone for your wishes.

I hope we all have days like this.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
4L is getting interesting! :laugh:

•••
Selling a one-off, awkward, non-premium LLLL.com for high $xxxx with no negotions is incredible....a domainer's fantasy. I can imagine your surprise and delight.

Did the buyer request non-disclosure as part of the sale, or was that your decision? Is the domain now registered in the client's name or through a proxy?

•••
With a few simple words: Congrats, you pulled an incredible deal off, protected everyones privacy and walked away with more than you would have thought to begin with.

All in all, well deserved, well planned, well executed.... now, tell me what darn domain that was, so i can go shopping for them. ;)

•••
Well domain is registered in the name of the person/company that bought it....no proxy.

I am surprised and delighted and thats why I shared this sale with fellow domainers.

Thanks.

•••
is this company an American company or asian company?

•••
I'm sure it will be interesting for you to see in a few months what the buyer intends to do with it. Companies are smart when they acquire the domain name for their brands before announcing them publicly. Maybe your domain will be used for the next big thing? ;)

Thanks for sharing your success story, Rick. Congrats!

RJ

•••
I sold a similar fairly generic non dictionary LLLL last year for XX,XXX :)

congrads

•••
Wow, now its time to increase the price for my 2 LLLL.com!

•••
That's a great story. Congratulations with your sale and good experience.

•••
Thats awesome Rick, Many congrats. Must be a very very interested end user but anyways I bet you never thought to get that much money for that domain so it's all good for you :)

•••
wow... thanks pretty damn good for a LLLL.com

Nice work mate!!

•••
:laugh: does my name has potential? NYRY.COM
congrats rick for the sale

•••
jaikini said:
:laugh: does my name has potential? NYRY.COM
congrats rick for the sale

It depends on luck + how do you market it to an end user. Good Luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back