Dynadot

question .top VS .xyz - Which of those 2 TLDs will stay on top before this year (2016) ends?

Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Hey nP members,

What do you think which TLD will stay on top (in amount of registrations) before this year (2016) ends:

.top or .xyz - what do you think, which one will it be?

The current status: https://namestat.org/

Share your personal assessment here.
Thank you and all the best with your domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What will happen when .XYZ gains MIIT approval and the owners in China can finally host websites on their domains in .xyz?
Lots more .CN sites appearing in .xyz without even being changed for .xyz domain names. A lot more duplicate content websites.

Regards...jmcc

•••
*Best of success.

I do not believe in 'luck', either that .top will gain anything trough it.

I rather think that specific marketing, from .top registry and its supporters, is the proper way to their target.

Unless .TOP starts cracking down on spam it will definitely take more than luck for the TLD (
Lots more .CN sites appearing in .xyz without even being changed for .xyz domain names. A lot more duplicate content websites.

Regards...jmcc

What do you mean. Can you clarify and re-word your post?

It sounds like you might have some good insight to share but I don't really know what you mean.

•••
.top +13k today, they are adding like crazy.

1 .xyz 6,189,308 -777
2 .top 2,806,574 13,218

Yep,

Alpnames have .TOP for 0.40 USD and West have them for about the same. The two largest sellers of this extension, by far.

Similar strategy as .XYZ. Many will drop here as well. Loads of super-crazy-nonsense names are taken in both extensions. That is a fact.

Last edited:
•••
What do you mean. Can you clarify and re-word your post?

It sounds like you might have some good insight to share but I don't really know what you mean.
Many of the websites showing up in .xyz, .top and .win are not .xyz, .top or .win websites. They are actually .cn websites with the source code/HTML unchanged. It is not unusal to see the same .cn website under 50 or more different new gTLD domain names. This is a major duplicate content issue for SEO and search engines. The .cn websites may have been MIT approved and what seems to be happening is that many of these new gTLD domains are added to these websites without a proper HTML redirect (301/302).

Regards...jmcc

•••
Guess .xyz will pull off a free campaign again when they feel they are losing the #1, so it will take time for .top to be top.
But one good thing i see from .top is that it seems they insist on not giving free ones, quite confident comparing to .xyz

•••
+++ UPDATE +++

.top +12,476 new registered domains today*
.xyz +967 new registered domains today*

*SOURCE www.namestat.org

•••
•••
•••
Haha yes, this is fact.
But we know that about 50 % of those .xyz's would not existing wihtout the past 0.1 USD promo.

I agree.

Still same as the majority of newly registered .TOP would not have existed with several existing 0.4 - 0.5 USD promos. Alpnames and Chengdu West for example.

•••
I agree.

Still same as the majority of newly registered .TOP would not have existed with several existing 0.4 - 0.5 USD promos. Alpnames and Chengdu West for example.

Yes, but 0.01 USD or 0.40 USD is a big difference.

I am sure, if .top and .xyz would have been launched at the same day with the same prices with the same promotions and the same marketing then .top would stay high above .xyz already.

•••
Yes, but 0.01 USD or 0.40 USD is a big difference.

I am sure, if .top and .xyz would have been launched at the same day with the same prices with the same promotions and the same marketing then .top would stay high above .xyz already.

Why am I not surprised? :-D:xf.grin:

The difference in price will be more or less insignificant, when people will drop their most crappy promotion .XYZ names, as well as their crappy promotion .TOP names.

Last edited:
•••
Both .TOP and .XYZ will take a dive to the bottom imo.

Splash..Splash..

:xf.wink:

•••
Why am I not surprised? :-D:xf.grin:

The difference in price will be more or less insignificant, when people will drop their most crappy promotion .XYZ names, as well as their crappy promotion .TOP names.

I still believe that .top will win this 'competiton' before this year (2016) ends.

•••
.top is significantly better than many other Registries in terms of Premiums... only singulars are selling by Registry...
Plurals are in GA...

•••
And Renewal for Premiums is standard.

•••
•••
Periodically I get visits and even clicks on my .TOPs from Russia... but still no offers...

Last edited:
•••
Periodically I get visits and even clicks on my .TOPs from Russia... but offers are still absent...

I haven't seen a single reported .TOP sale in two months. At least not on Namebio, DNjournal or DNpric.es.

Not many .XYZ sales lately either...

•••
I haven't seen a single reported .TOP sale in two months. At least not on Namebio, DNjournal or DNpric.es.

Not many .XYZ sales lately either...

Yes you are right. Not getting even enquiries.

Not good for nGTLD future.

•••
Yes you are right. Not getting even enquiries.

Not good for nGTLD future.

I am not sure, there have been some really nice sales of perfectly matched keyword + ngTLDs lately. Some examples:

App.link - $30,000
Tree.house - $14,000
Ganja.club - $10,000
I.work - $10,000
Green.world - $8,500
Holz.kaufen - $5,600
Planning.center - $5,500
Pro.media - $4,200
Cashpoint.bet - $3,955
Roulette.tips - $2,500
Gym.fit - $2,500
Pro.fit - $2,200
Slow.life - $1,100

•••
I don't wait something special from .top...
Picked up ~80 domains (in total since 2015) to test it... if no any results even next year - then the end of sponsorship.

•••
I am not sure, there have been some really nice sales of perfectly matched keyword + ngTLDs lately. Some examples:

App.link - $30,000
Tree.house - $14,000
Ganja.club - $10,000
I.work - $10,000
Green.world - $8,500
Holz.kaufen - $5,600
Planning.center - $5,500
Pro.media - $4,200
Cashpoint.bet - $3,955
Roulette.tips - $2,500
Gym.fit - $2,500
Pro.fit - $2,200
Slow.life - $1,100
Premiums... minimum 75% of them.

•••
Offers-ratio in really good TLDs usually is within range 1:10 - 1:50 (1 offer per 10-50 domains)...
Weak and very weak TLDs have ratio 1:100+...

Last edited:
•••
For example, a few years ago (before nTLDs) enduser-demand on LLL.me had ratio 1:10 - 1:20...
Since 2015 - 1:30+

•••
So simple mathematics/analytics helps to invest properly... without failures...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back