IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.2%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder if the progs in this thread will be shocked when the left gets around to silencing actual liberals who still believe in the #1A.

He linked to this article.

•••
Even Germany gets it.

upload_2021-1-11_17-15-10.png

For @Joe Nichols

upload_2021-1-11_17-15-46.png

•••
•••
I wonder if the progs in this thread will be shocked when the left gets around to silencing actual liberals who still believe in the #1A.

Show attachment 178976

I have no idea what the story is here.

First we have to assume what he said is true, that he has had no other warnings.
So let's assume that is true.

I have no idea what he is posting on there, but in general I support free speech.

If he is not posting stuff that is trying to incite or organization violence, or spread dangerous misinformation it should not be an issue.

At the same time these are private companies. Free speech rights do not exist on private platforms.

I would prefer not to live in an echo chamber, since there is no productive debate or discussion there.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

I would say, in Trump's case, inciting insurrection is the bigger issue.

If people don't like the first amendment they need to change it. It says what it says, and has nothing to do with "free speech" when it comes to private companies.

Repealing section 230, and treating social media as publishers, would just lead to an even greater crackdown.

Brad

•••
First we have to assume what he said is true, that he has had no other warnings.
So let's assume that is true.

I have no idea what he is posting on there, but in general I support free speech.

If he is not posting stuff that is trying to incite or organization violence, or spread dangerous misinformation it should not be an issue.

At the same time these are private companies. Free speech rights do not exist on private platforms.

I would prefer not to live in an echo chamber, since there is no productive debate or discussion.

Brad[/QUOTE]

1) Why would Rand Paul lie.

2) Previous actions of FB lend credibility.

3) I don't think you support free speech.

He linked to this article.
According to Cannuk, it was this http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archive...S6dqnJOWeGeK3E2-A2NX27-rbbNcAo96wBDjVeIGxFlzY

•••
Last edited:
•••
Is it not binary?

You either do or don't..

#blackolivesmatter

I support free speech. I do not support incitement of violence, neither does the Constitution.
That has been adjudicated in countless court cases.

There are other things that are generally not protected as well, like some instances of unqualified medical advice.

A federal court on Wednesday rejected claims by an unlicensed “health coach” that the unqualified health advice she provided to paying clients was protected speech under the First Amendment.

https://arstechnica.com/science/201...health-advice-is-free-speech-court-disagrees/

Brad

Last edited:
•••
FB, like the gov't, is your friend. O_o

•••
I would say, in Trump's case, inciting insurrection is the bigger issue.

If people don't like the first amendment they need to change it. It says what it says, and has nothing to do with "free speech" when it comes to private companies.

Repealing section 230, and treating social media as publishers, would just lead to an even greater crackdown.

Brad

The chancellor disagrees. Social media are not acting like publishers. They are ( shadow ) banning, limiting people because of their opinions.

This isn't new. The leftist mob calling for people to be fired, excluded from society has been repeated many times.

upload_2021-1-11_17-26-25.png

This nut job was in charge of national security.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The chancellor disagrees. Social media are not acting like publishers. They are ( shadow ) banning, limiting people because of their opinions.

This isn't new. The leftist mob calling for people to be fired, excluded from society has been repeated many times.

Show attachment 178982

Oh, I am sorry I didn't realize the German chancellor had any standing when it came to US Constitutional law.

Trump now is going to go down in history as a national disgrace. His legacy is ruined.

All because he could not simply take the L. Hopefully future generations can learn a lesson from this.

In retrospect, maybe inciting insurrection was not a good idea?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Ron Paul Page - it's still live, didn't see anything wrong with it. I know he can't manage it. But it's live and people can still comment and such.

Could have been some automated pause if something gets flagged by a bunch of people. They look at it, see there is nothing wrong, he'll be back managing it again by tomorrow I imagine.

https://www.facebook.com/ronpaul

He's right about:

Ron Paul:
"After four years of a Republican-dominated government sinking the U.S. financial situation further towards bankruptcy, it's now the Democrats' turn to step firmly on the spending and debt gas pedal"

Last edited:
•••
"Patriots’ HC Bill Belichick will not be traveling to Washington nor accepting the Presidential Medal of Freedom, he announced today."

For what? Trump is just passing these things out to his buddies. Rush Limbaugh, then talk of Devin Nunes.

ErfeEl_XUAEYMOt

Last edited:
•••
Bill Belichick declines Presidential Medal of Freedom offer from Trump

First of all, why is this even being offered to a football coach?

"Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients," Belichick said in a statement. "Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award. Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation's values, freedom and democracy."

People want nothing to do with Trump now. He is toxic.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
He's right about:

Ron Paul:
"After four years of a Republican-dominated government sinking the U.S. financial situation further towards bankruptcy, it's now the Democrats' turn to step firmly on the spending and debt gas pedal"

He also said,

This is partly an attempt to erase the Trump movement from the pages of history, but it is also an attempt to silence any criticism of the emerging political consensus in the coming Biden era that may come from progressive or antiwar circles.

“Big Tech long ago partnered with the Obama/Biden/Clinton State Department to lend their tools to US “soft power” goals overseas. Whether it was ongoing regime change attempts against Iran, the 2009 coup in Honduras, the disastrous US-led coup in Ukraine, “Arab Spring,” the destruction of Syria and Libya, and so many more, the big US tech firms were happy to partner up with the State Department and US intelligence to provide the tools to empower those the US wanted to seize power and to silence those out of favor.

In short, US government elites have been partnering with “Big Tech” overseas for years to decide who has the right to speak and who must be silenced. What has changed now is that this deployment of “soft power” in the service of Washington’s hard power has come home to roost.

Long live the War Machine. (n)

Last edited:
•••
This is being spread on some right wing sites -

ErfiDTOXYAI2AGm

•••
Oh, I am sorry I didn't realize the German chancellor had any standing when it came to US Constitutional law.

Trump now is going to go down in history as a national disgrace. His legacy is ruined.

All because he could not simply take the L. Hopefully future generations can learn a lesson from this.

In retrospect, maybe inciting insurrection was not a good idea?

Brad

Come on man.... Her opinion matters because she is a world leader and the leader of the richest country in the E.U.

You keep acting like Trump and few of his supporters are the only people being censored. Hence my previous statement.

•••
Joe Biden endorses racism:
upload_2021-1-11_17-58-14.png

How about just protecting people most at risk regardless of their victim identity.

Last edited:
•••
Bill Belichick declines Presidential Medal of Freedom offer from Trump

First of all, why is this even being offered to a football coach?

"Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients," Belichick said in a statement. "Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award. Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation's values, freedom and democracy."

People want nothing to do with Trump now. He is toxic.

Brad

He'd be a fool to accept anything from Trump in this environment.

•••
From a prominent conservative radio host...

Erick Erickson
@EWErickson

What did you people think was going to happen after a two month clown show of BS nonsense, unsubstantiated allegations, a fake Kraken, and storming the Capitol. There are consequences to trying to throw out an election and storm the Capitol. You reap the whirlwind.

6:42 PM · Jan 11, 2021

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

I guess EPIK just doesn't learn!

Parler moves to right-wing web-hosting firm Epik after suing Amazon for antitrust violations for shutting down their app and their CEO said he would re-build the site from scratch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Facebook-Twitter-remove-violent-content.html

The site has since moved its domain name from DreamHost to Epik, domainnamewire.com reports. Web services company Epik hosted Trump friendly Gab.com when it was dropped by GoDaddy in 2018 and had helped 8chan get back online. CEO Robert Monster previously said: 'De-platforming a haven of free speech is not about left or right.'

Epik had said Sunday 'no communication has been received by them for discussion of future service provision.'

Note: If EPIK want's to deal with the headaches, that's their BUSINESS decision - just like it is all the other BUSINESS decisions that others made not to not accept/continue doing BUSINESS with Parler.

Last edited:
•••
Capitol rioter pictured with Nancy Pelosi's lectern released on bond

The Capitol riot suspect accused of stealing Nancy Pelosi's lectern was released from jail Monday afternoon on a $25,000 bond.

25K bond is equal to say.... possession of Cocaine under 3oz ... not shit ... he will get probation ...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back