NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.2%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Climate change might be worse than thought after scientists find major mistake in water temperature readings

The sea was much colder than previously thought, the study suggests, indicating that climate change is advancing at an unprecedented rate

Global warming might be far worse than we thought, according to a new study.

The research challenges the ways that researchers have worked out sea temperatures until now, meaning that they may be increasing quicker than previously suggested.

The methodology widely used to understand sea temperatures in the scientific community may be based on a mistake, the new study suggests, and so our understanding of climate change might be fundamentally flawed.

The new research suggests that the oceans hundreds of millions of years ago were much cooler than we thought. If true, that means that the global warming we are currently undergoing is unparallelled within the last 100 million years, and far worse than we had previously calculated.

Until now, scientists believed that the temperature of the ocean depths and the surface of the polar ocean 100 million years ago were about 15 degrees warmer than they are today. But they might in fact have stayed relatively stable – making the warming we're currently undergoing far more alarming.

•••
That's some video from what looks like some truther/flat earth nuts, talking about fake Antifa. Beverly Hills antifa is one of those fake ones. Mr. X and I were talking about those fake ones earlier in the thread.

Could be. I don’t know. I don’t trust a lot of corporate media. But I have read enough about that soros meddling in various pet projects that he has funded and organized a bunch of groups.

•••
•••
END OF SUMMER: Future volcanic eruptions 'could lead to years of winter'

VIOLENT volcanic eruptions from super volcanoes could cause widespread devastation to the earth’s temperature and trigger years without summer, according to a study.

The research by the National Centre for Atmospheric Research in Colorado predicts future eruptions will drastically affect global temperatures because of climate change.

And the Earth could be plunged into “years without summer” and endless winters as the oceans' ability to buffer impacts and moderate temperatures is severely reduced.

•••
Could be. I don’t know. I don’t trust a lot of corporate media. But I have read enough about that soros meddling in various pet projects that he has funded and organized a bunch of groups.

Not could be, is. You have a problem with corporate media so truther sites posting flat earth articles are the option? As far as Beverly Hills antifa, they make it so over the top obvious:

We are currently experiencing a syphilis outbreak among our members and will be forced to withdraw from all Nov 4 plans.
Beverly Hills Antifa‏ @BevHillsAntifa

They have real Antifa on Twitter, social media etc. and these fake ones. Meant to confuse people.

•••
Last edited:
•••
It appears the Bastard cut his beard a few days back.
DN6AZjtXUAAbx6B.jpg:large

171105-devin-patrick-kelley.jpg

•••
•••
•••
And the militant Greenpeace group is the answer?

They are terrorists of another lifeform like antifa.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...es-greenpeace-claims-it-incites-eco-terrorism

Answer to what? Read the page, tell me the stuff that isn't factual. Stossel is a known shill, you're posting his videos like it's something. It's 2017, are we really still denying this stuff? Like I said, the Republicans, anti-Science party.

Is Soros and Antifa the go to thing to say when you can't put up a debate? It's like blame them for everything.

Last edited:
•••
•••
These are the 10 biggest landowners in the United States

The 10 biggest landowners in the United States collectively own more than 13 million acres across the country — that’s more than 0.5% of America.

Some of them are heirs who inherited land owned by their ancestors as early as the 1800s. Others are self-made millionaires who ventured into land acquisitions and have been racking up acres for years.

The Land Report compiled a list of the 100 largest landowners in the country in 2016 — here are the 10 families or individuals who topped the list.

1. John Malone

Malone is the largest landowner in the US, with 2.2 million acres of land. Though the name may draw some blank faces, the billionaire is one of the most powerful men in cable. If his $55-billion takeover of Time Warner Cable gets the green light, Malone’s Charter Communications will be the nation’s second-largest cable company.

2. Ted Turner
The 77-year-old is another media mogul who owns around 2 million acres of land across seven states, which is just shy of three Rhode Islands. Turner, who founded CNN, is also the owner of the world’s largest private herd of bison. (His Standing Butte Ranch featured in the Academy Award-winning film Dances with Wolves.)
Turner now spends his time with his four girlfriends across the 28 homes he owns, including 14 ranches.

3. The Emmerson family
The Emmerson family own 1.9 million acres of land. Curly Emmerson and his son, Archie, better known as “Red,” founded the Sierra Pacific Industries in 1949. The company is one of the country’s largest lumber producers. It employs over 4,500 and for the last 36 years, the company has been giving scholarships to the children of its employees.
Sierra Pacific Industries is working on a range of developments, which includes a significant conservation project in California.

4. Brad Kelly
The reclusive billionaire has accumulated 1.7 million acres of land in less than a decade. Kelly, who made his money from the discount cigarette business, says he didn’t really plan on acquiring so much land. “I grew up on a farm and that’s about as good an explanation as there is,” he told (paywall).

5. The Reed family
In 2015, the Reed family, owners of 1.3 million acres of land, celebrated their success by planting their 100-millionth tree. The Reed’s family company— Green Diamond Resource Company—manages and owns a range of forests in California and Washington. The company is now owned by the fifth generation of Reeds.

6. The Irving family
The Irvings are one of America’s wealthiest families; from their dynasty’s founding in 1881, their fortune is now estimated to be worth $4 billion through a number of investments that range from tissue manufacturing to oil and gas. The Irvings, who refine 320,000 barrels of oil a day, supply the US with a fifth of its oil imports from their refineries in Canada.
They have amassed an impressive 1.2 million acres of land.

7. The Singleton family
Henry Singleton acquired 1.1 million acres of land (pdf) before his death in 1999. In a span of 14 years, he purchased 28 ranches. In his later years, Singleton went back to raising cattle. The Singleton family now run these ranches in New Mexico and California.

8. The King family
With over 900,000 acres of land, the heirs to Richard King’s historic ranch are set for life. The land stretches over six Texas counties and operates a range of ventures, which includes ecotourism and cattle and feedlots operations.

9. Stan Kroenke
And that brings us to Kroenke, who now owns more than 865,000 acres of land in the US—an area that’s four-and-a-half times the size of New York. The Waggoner ranch, which currently employs 120 people, is one of the 20 largest cattle ranches in the US. Kroenke, who is worth more than $7 billion, also owns farms in Arizona, Montana, Wyoming, and British Columbia.

10. The Pingree family
The heirs to David Pingree fortune inherited 830,000 acres of land and round out the top 10. David Pingree, nicknamed the Merchant Prince of Salem, first started buying land 1841.

•••
Just wondering what will happen in the future, once all the land/homes are owned/passed-down by the same families with no risks/debt (and nothing to lose)? When there aren't the same opportunities to acquire land/homes for cheap/reasonable prices as in history where a few privileged individuals got lucky bargains? Basically monopolies where these few people have immense power over everyone else and there is no risk that they can lose?

Is this what the future of the universe looks like, should humans acquire the abilities to extend human life (as predicted) and explore space?

Should 1 person take ownership of the asteroid belt, because their company got there first (using technology based upon the works of a multitude of beings - all of which weren't that bothered with self-interest selfishness and greed)? Or with the head start - why not the whole galaxy?

•••
Should we rely on these individuals to share 'their' wealth [through charity]?

•••
Stossel has a lot of good shows and ideology regardless of the popular opinion. He is against big Government, He believes that the data on global warming is flawed. Al Gore made millions off of that B..S., was that right? Al Gore invented the internet too as he said, right?

Flys in a private jet polluting more than the rest of us. Same with the rest of Hollywood morons.

Blame lies on all sides. Respect for opposing opinions in a civil manner is being taken away. This world today is about as bad as I ever recall. The violent tactics and vandalism of any extremists like Greenpeace are simply wrong. I do agree with their “position” of preventing over fishing like the Chinese and Japanese have done, or sharkfinning. I do not agree with all the excess pollution and SUV sales to Yuppie Suburban Soccermom mobiles with 10 mpg using too much gasoline. Or the sulfuric smelling refinery emissions I was forced to breath as a child. Nor working with Trichloretheline T-1-1 without protection by my greedy employer in industry (now banned 20 years) which was blamed for ozone depletion. As a kid, I got beat up by the police, bfd. My neighbor was murdered by them btw too. I obeyed their orders and did not drive off when I was surrounded by 5 police cars, 10 officers all with guns pointed at me. Unlike the stupid young people whose stupid parents now who have no respect for law and order and whine and cry when their ignorant children run away from the police and get shot. Then they start a anti police group. Then CNN fuels it into a riot and innocent shop owners lose their businesses. It’s so sad.

Everything is corrupt. PAC’s one and all both sides, Trial Lawyers association, Insurance Lobby groups, Google, Bezos, United Nations, Ted Turner, Soros, Bill Gates, The Koch Bros, Rothschilds, Catholic Church, NATO, Trilateral commission, OECD, CFR, IMF, Davos group, Bilderbergs, on and on. Domestic terrorist or extreme groups on either side be they the Anti-abortion groups, Black Panthers, BLM’s, Weathermen, Antifa, KKK, SPLC, whatever. The list is a mile long. Organized groups protecting their piece of the pie or instigating division.

I am not in 100% agreement with the Kochs ideology, only partially. I dont like big donors period on either side or any lobbying and term limits as stated before preventing career politicians. I agree with Koch’s and Gilette/Carlin against the Patriot act/lets spy on everyone b.s., enacted on fear mongering by the Bush family dynasty. I also believe that the Clintons are about the most corrupt modern family in my lifetime. The corrupt Kennedy dynasty and fortune was financed on Joe Sr. Shorting the stock market crash with insider trading and his prohibition bootlegging. This stuff is all repeated over and over. J. Edgar Hoovers spying, McCarthy era, etc etc etc. end of a very disorganized rant. Lol.

•••
Bottom line. I'm not giving up my freedom for safety.

Hollywood scum and liberal hypocrites can pound sand.

•••

What freedom do you think liberals are wanting to take away from you?

•••

Yea, but we did give up our freedom when the patriot act hit us. The NSA spy machine is huge.

•••
•••
•••
You just made a case for tightening things up. Looks like a store might have sold him a firearm when they shouldn't have.

Maybe making murder illegal would help.

•••
Maybe making murder illegal would help.

It hasn't. But stores not selling to people who shouldn't own guns might have helped in this case. We'll see, still early, more info coming.

o2hu3cxuu8wz.jpg

Last edited:
•••
So the shooter was a convicted felon, with a history of assault and domestic abuse. He was dishonorably discharged. He should never have been allowed to buy that gun. Apparently, he got the murder weapon by lying on his application.

Here's a thought: fingerprints. Run prints as part of a background check. Can't hide a felony or fake your identity that way. If someone has a clean record, that will be verified. If someone starts accumulating a lot of suspicious weapons in a short time, that will potentially be flaggable. Of course some people will continue to get guns illegally, but it becomes more difficult.

And maybe reconsider or at least provide "extreme vetting" for certain types of weaponry, like the assault rifle he used. What legitimate use is there for that? You don't use something like that for hunting or for "self defense." Maybe a collector. Even you're worried about someday defending yourself against the government or a hostile invasion, government mlitary has a lot more firepower than you will ever own. And they have drones.

If he was taken out by an armed citizen, I bet that citizen didn't do it with an assault rifle.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Stossel classic
LOL... Amazing. Now I'm really worried, wondering if I could get arrested for having watched this video from beginning to end. :wtf: :nailbiting:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back