IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So we clearly see .. I mean the average American can now see exactly how the Wealthy will break the small guy into to make themselves even wealthier and not care one bit about the small guy taking a beating while they lose their whole savings account .. hence: The Game Stop market play ... we do not play on even close to level ground with the wealthy in the USA .. until changes are made and better regulations are on the books ... it will continue on the highest levels ... that in the housing market ... vehicle market .. most any market you can think of ... you are at a large disadvantage

I have read a lot of comments from people risking it all on GameStop and other "investments".

It seems like the mindset of many young people is summed up like - "I would rather take a chance on being rich, than having to grind through life not ever being able to get ahead."

I can see that honestly. It is not just a greedy mindset. It is really hard to grind your way to wealth from nothing today.

The wealth gap keeps getting larger and larger. It is hard to catch up.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I actually like to sell puts. It is one of the best ways to get steady income, or stocks you want to own at discounts. This is often how I add to my long term stock positions vs. just buying shares.

Worst case the option exercises and you get a stock you wanted to own at a price you were willing to pay anyway. Even if the stock goes down, the premium you received offsets part of it.

If you are concerned a stock is going to tank you can also buy an out of money put and create a spread essentially.

If there was a stock at $32 I wanted to own, I might sell a put in a $30 - $33 range and collect the income.
If I thought there was the potential the stock might tank I might buy a $23 - $25 put to limit my potential losses.

It is a good strategy that compounds over time and works in any market.

Brad

I love Put options ... especially in a so uncertain economy or leading to a recession
... I rarely mess with Calls these days .. I did when the internet first came into play and moving forward until it capped off

Last edited:
•••
I love Put options ... especially in a so uncertain economy or leading to a recession
... I rarely mess with Calls these days .. I did when the internet first came into play and moving forward until capped off

Same. I also like getting paid premiums more than I like paying premiums on options.

Brad

•••
Here is a real world trade for people who are interested.

Ticket symbol - FE

I sold a $28 put on 1/7 with a 2/19 expiration. The stock was $29.63 a share at the time.

For people who don't understand options I am basically making a commitment to buy (100) shares of FE @ $28 until 2/19. If it ends below $28 the option will be exercised and I will have to buy the shares.

But, this is a company I was fine owning anyway.

I was paid $0.81/share of $81 total for this commitment.

The stock went up in price to around $32 now, making the put option worth much less. I closed my position today for $0.07/share.

So basically I pocketed $81 - $7 or $74 for the commitment.

If you think a stock could tank, you could buy a put. That means someone else has to buy the shares from you. You would pay a premium for this, but it would be less than the premium you are receiving and limit any potential losses.

When GameStop was around $150 a share I was selling $10 2/19 put options for $0.82 a share. This means I would be forced to buy the shares at $10/each if it ends below that. I would be fine with that.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I have read a lot of comments from people risking it all on GameStop and other "investments".

It seems like the mindset of many young people is summed up like - "I would rather take a chance on being rich, than having to grind through life not ever being able to get ahead."

I can see that honestly. It is not just a greedy mindset. It is really hard to grind your way to wealth from nothing today.

The wealth gap keeps getting larger and larger. It is hard to catch up.

Brad

I saw all that going as well .. it actually made me feel sad inside .... the millennial generation has it far tougher than I did .. a Boomer here .... and when I say that .. I mean across the board ... having to enter in one door only at school and go through metal detectors just to enter the building .... not being to play freely outside from dusk to dawn because of dangers .. and the long list goes on .... the same opportunities exist today for millennials as they did for me .. except the large saturation factor these days makes it much much harder to achieve goals for them ... the fact is .. the world turned a bit shitty... I cheer the millennial generation on ... I want to them to be actually more successful than my generation and progress and achieve their dreams ... the world is just so much damn different now .... very complicated

•••
Here is a real world trade for people who are interested.

Ticket symbol - FE

I sold a $28 put on 1/7 with a 2/19 expiration. The stock was $29.63 a share at the time.

For people who don't understand options I am basically making a commitment to buy (100) shares of FE @ $28 until 2/19. If it ends below $28 the option will be exercised and I will have to buy the shares.

But, this is a company I was fine owning anyway.

I was paid $0.81/share of $81 total for this commitment.

The stock went up in price to around $32 now, making the put option worth much less. I closed my position today for $0.07/share.

So basically I pocketed $81 - $7 or $74 for the commitment.

If you think a stock could tank, you could buy a put. That means someone else has to buy the shares from you. You would pay a premium for this, but it would be less than the premium you are receiving and limit any potential losses.

Brad

easy money brother .... way to go!!

•••
I saw all that going as well .. it actually made me feel sad inside .... the millennial generation has it far tougher than I did .. a Boomer here .... and when I say that .. I mean across the board ... having to enter in one door only at school and go through metal detectors just to enter the building .... not being to play freely outside from dusk to dawn because of dangers .. and the long list goes on .... the same opportunities exist today for millennials as they did for me .. except the large saturation factor these days makes it much much harder to achieve goals for them ... the fact is .. the world turned a bit shitty... I cheer the millennial generation on ... I want to them to be actually more successful than my generation and progress and achieve their dreams ... the world is just so much damn different now .... very complicated

This is an ongoing problem that is only getting worse over time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/09/millennials-own-less-than-5percent-of-all-us-wealth.html

Despite making up the largest portion of the workforce, millennials controlled just 4.6% of U.S. wealth through the first half of 2020, according to data from the Federal Reserve.

Baby boomers control over 53% of the country's wealth, while Gen X accounts for just over 25% and the silent generation holds around 17%, according to the Fed's data, which breaks down U.S. wealth in the beginning of 2020 by age, class and race.

While it's not abnormal for older generations to be wealthier than younger generations — they have had longer to earn money and accumulate assets, after all — the Fed's data also shows that millennials have far less wealth than boomers did at the same age.

In 1989, when baby boomers were around the same age as millennials are today, they controlled 21% of the nation's wealth. That's almost five times as much as what millennials own today.

Last edited:
•••
This is an ongoing problem that is only getting worse over time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/09/millennials-own-less-than-5percent-of-all-us-wealth.html

Despite making up the largest portion of the workforce, millennials controlled just 4.6% of U.S. wealth through the first half of 2020, according to data from the Federal Reserve.

Baby boomers control over 53% of the country's wealth, while Gen X accounts for just over 25% and the silent generation holds around 17%, according to the Fed's data, which breaks down U.S. wealth in the beginning of 2020 by age, class and race.

While it's not abnormal for older generations to be wealthier than younger generations — they have had longer to earn money and accumulate assets, after all — the Fed's data also shows that millennials have far less wealth than boomers did at the same age.

In 1989, when baby boomers were around the same age as millennials are today, they controlled 21% of the nation's wealth. That's almost five times as much as what millennials own today.

I know ... I know .... and this is very bad ... like me .. I am looking to retire in maybe 2 or three years .. not like stop working .. I will work doing something .. but not full time .... right now our family business is in transition of being handed over to my 26 year old son .. completely... the wife and I will be totally out .. not vested one dime ... I grew up this way ... this is what should be going on in America right now ... continuing the progress is for the Millennial generation now .. although financially times are much different now than when I was in my 20s .. progress is still the same .. we are in phase 3 of 4 of our exit plan to handing my son the complete business we own .. he will be the sole proprietor in May .. he is ready for it .. should I have to fund the business to make sure he is taking a business with equity .. I will do that .. I will leave it the way I found it for him

Last edited:
•••
I know ... I know .... and this is very bad ... like me .. I am looking to retire in maybe 2 or three years .. not like stop working .. I will work doing something .. but not full time .... right now our family business is in transition of being handed over to my 26 year old son .. completely... the wife and I will be totally out .. not vested one dime ... I grew up this way ... this is what should be going on in America right now ... continuing the progress is for the Millennial generation now .. although financially times are much different now than when I was in my 20s .. progress is still the same .. we are in phase 3 of 4 of our exit plan to handing my son the complete business we own .. he will be the sole proprietor in May .. he is ready for it .. should I have to fund the business to make sure he is taking a business with equity .. I will do that .. I will leave it the way I found it for him

It is not only an asset problem for younger generations. They are also the ones who are going to have to deal with the issues boomers refuse to deal with from the growing debt to climate change.

So while boomers are accumulating assets, the younger generations are only accumulating problems.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It is not only an asset problem for younger generations. They are also the ones who are going to have to deal with the issues boomers refuse to deal with from the growing debt to climate change.

So while boomers are accumulating assets, the younger generations are only accumulating problems.

Brad

lemme say this ... and I mean it from the heart Brad ... I love you guys... I know I have said shit concerning the millennial generation .. that out of frustration .. frustration with the process .. not frustration with the millennial generation .. rather the process taking place ... I simply don’t understand it .. I have tried to rationalize why things are the way they are .. and I can’t figure it ..

I don’t need anymore assets .. I actually need less assets because my ass is getting old and I do not plan on trying to take care of unnecessary assets ... that is why older people down size ... and it’s supposed to be that way and had been for ever IMO .. I may live to be 90 ... or I may only live to be 60 .. or could die tomorrow... and I can’t take one damed thing with me .... the point is ... I am approaching my time to have a seat from all the action ... and I am ready .. .. I had my time .. now it’s time to watch the younger gen’s prosper and rest a little .. it’s not my time to plan for any future ..it’s my time to begin my exit ..
We fucked up with big industrial .... we accelerated far to fast without considering the consequences after WW2 IMO ...

Technology is awesome ... but at the same time ... it can be the demise too ..

•••
president-trump-is-going-to-be-like-andrew-jackson-an-17710755.png

•••
Has this been forgotten?
1%2B1%2B1%2B027fd32b5da5f12251f843e1_31499dab_640.jpg

On Jan. 20, 2001, his final day in office, President Bill Clinton commuted Evans' sentence to time served.

Here is what fake news snoops says:

What's True
Susan Rosenberg has served as vice chair of the board of directors for Thousand Currents, an organization that provides fundraising and fiscal sponsorship for the Black Lives Matter Global Movement. She was an active member of revolutionary left-wing movements whose illegal activities included bombing U.S. government buildings and committing armed robberies.

What's Undetermined
In the absence of a single, universally-agreed definition of "terrorism," it is a matter of subjective determination as to whether the actions for which Rosenberg was convicted and imprisoned — possession of weapons and hundreds of pounds of explosives — should be described as acts of "domestic terrorism."

Pretty sure the word terrorism is in the dictionary.

Last edited:
•••
Voting technology company Smartmatic files $2.7 billion lawsuit against Fox News, Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell over 'disinformation campaign'

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/04/business/media/smartmatic-fox-news-lawsuit.html

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/04/media/smartmatic-fox-news-giuliani-powell-lawsuit/index.html

"We have no choice," Antonio Mugica, the chief executive and founder of Smartmatic, told CNN Business in an interview about the company's decision to file the lawsuit. "The disinformation campaign that was launched against us is an obliterating one. For us, this is existential, and we have to take action."

The lawsuit, filed in New York state court, accused Fox, Giuliani, Powell and hosts Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo, and Jeanine Pirro of intentionally lying about Smartmatic in an effort to mislead the public into the false belief that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from former President Donald Trump.

"They needed a villain," the lawsuit said. "They needed someone to blame. They needed someone whom they could get others to hate. A story of good versus evil, the type that would incite an angry mob, only works if the storyteller provides the audience with someone who personifies evil."

“The Kraken” them right where she wants them her trap.
Now all the evidence will be shown in court ;)

Last edited:
•••
House impeachment managers request former President Donald Trump testify at trial

Before making a decision, he probably needs to consult with his pillow salesman. :xf.grin:

•••
House impeachment managers request former President Donald Trump testify at trial

Before making a decision, he probably needs to consult with his pillow salesman. :xf.grin:
pillow salesman booming :xf.grin:
Like Goya, and Home Depot’s Co-founder)

Last edited:
•••
Has this been forgotten?
1%2B1%2B1%2B027fd32b5da5f12251f843e1_31499dab_640.jpg

damn ... I don’t recall this event ... i never used to watch the news or keep up with to much back then .. to busy partying lol

•••
LOL... Looks like JB Lying's going apeshit hitting the Dislike & Disagree buttons against @mr-x posts. He must have his two pleasure fingers stuck with Super glue to the Dislike & Disagree buttons and every time he sees a mr-x post.... Bam!!!!

He just goes into a rage and doesn't even notice that on this particular post (below) @mr-x was actually agreeing with a bmugford post.
Show attachment 181530

JB raging at mr-x's posts...
tumblr_n4wnw1qClq1tzixowo1_500.gifv

To be fair, I was hitting the disagree / dislike button on JB's post too. But picture is 100% accurate.

•••

I had never heard or seen the my pillow dude before like maybe 3 months ago ... apparently he is someone lol .... I stay out of the loop as much as possible ... always have actually .. until 4 years ago or so ... I am now back out of loop and like it better

Last edited:
•••
I can't believe people still take CNN seriously. The Q-anon of Cable News.

upload_2021-2-4_13-17-49.png

•••
To be fair, I was hitting the disagree / dislike button on JB's post too. But picture is 100% accurate.

My favorite one he disagreed disliked yours was the one you denounced “Hamas” BDS movement”.

@JB Lions empathizes with Hamas? ;)

•••
damn ... I don’t recall this event ... i never used to watch the news or keep up with to much back then .. to busy partying lol

upload_2021-2-4_14-31-4.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back