IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In case anyone is interested, CommunityCollege.tel is available for handregistration.

•••
technical 2 cents here on the difference between mp and .tel..

.Tel uses DNS for storage of information vs MP is using a webhost.

•••
Q: how many .tel are NOT in the hands of domainers ?
A lot of the usual keyword types domains are probably in the hands of domainers but there is a business element to the registrations (this may be responsible for the higher than expected renewals). I've been working on a new cross TLD analysis algorithm and .tel is one of the TLDs included. I should have some data next week.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Curious: anybody came across interesting projects ON .tel (not about .tel but ON)?

•••
Tia, I came across BikeShare.tel from Oz

still new but think it is a good use of .tel
also documented already is watershed.tel from uk

•••
Tia, I came across BikeShare.tel from Oz

still new but think it is a good use of .tel
also documented already is watershed.tel from uk

I own Bikesharing.com and have project with it in the past but didn't have time for it so I put up for auction.

•••
Amount of .tel registrations when launching IDN:
2261 registrations on 2010-06-15

Then drops, then goes up to.

1581 registrations on 2010-06-18

•••
This several months I estimate 45,000 drop and registered 10,000immediately.So about 35,000 tel domains drop.

•••
TELNIC silences all issues and problems raised on Get Satisfaction - People-Powered Customer Service such as:

• Telpages.com redirection and lack of GET requests rejects people from using it
  • Where are the stats on Telstats service?
  • Where is the clear statement about the usage of TEL domain DNS information?
  • TEL domain template gallery released by Telnic is ugly, suppressing comments on Telnic forum, does not make them nicer
  • TEL Domain Search Sucks

But also praise, such as "TEL Domain is Universally Accessible" was deleted, as Mr. Justin Hayward has complained to Getsatisfaction.Com, that those issues contain private content, which is absolutely not true, under the following excuse by Telnic: "Member was banned from Telnic's official forum and is now harassing employees on Get Satisfaction."

When I said that their new "Template Gallery" is not at all gallery, but a simple ugly joke, that was a drop too much, and they expelled me from the forum.

Although all the issues raised were based on facts, and communication went fine, Mr. Justin Hayward pathetically attempts to market TEL domains by silencing all problems around them. This is wrong approach.

I am user of more than 160 TEL domains, the last one was registered today. Nowhere on their public forum has TELNIC ever admitted of having problems, but they actually improved the TEL domain bugs based on numerous of my reports.

From now on, I am going to raise all the issues on my own website telsucks.info where Mr. Justin Hayward cannot delete anything.

Anyway, what is the point of having account with Getsatisfaction.Com where the only satisfaction there is, is the satisfaction to be able to delete ALL the problems altogether based on the biased simple fact of not liking what I say in public.:bah:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
JLouisBiz, that was a long post, why do you still buy .tel (reg today) when you create a tel sucks forum and hate some .tel officials.

Well, since long time I've sold my 100+ .tel domains to a great member here, I was one of the most active and believer of .tel befor and after it was launched, I've reg many .tel that were pre-reg but after 6 months I've learned alot from this forum and others, also watching closely what justin and his crew were doing with marketing, development... for me was a failure but I kept on my faith to them. After I sold my domains not because it was a imediat failure but because of their marketing strategies I couldn't go forward. Still now it didn't really failled as I see some guy regging it but these are most investors (domainers) than end users so it's not worth for me IMO to reg or buy .tel anymore. When will it fail? times will tell.

•••
.tel is a long-term speculative investment. Buyers are betting on the odds that .tel will become the default contact info directory for individuals and businesses, much like the white and yellow page directories used to be. It may prove viable and successful, but probably will need approximately 10 years or more to mature and succeed. At $11/year, it's probably worth the investment.

•••
.tel is a long-term speculative investment. Buyers are betting on the odds that .tel will become the default contact info directory for individuals and businesses, much like the white and yellow page directories used to be. It may prove viable and successful, but probably will need approximately 10 years or more to mature and succeed. At $11/year, it's probably worth the investment.

LOL, if you think it will take 10+ years to suceed even with $11/year, better invest on something else as you said speculative investment.

Everytime a new domain ext. launched, everytime is the same (.me, .pro, .ws, .tel, .biz, .blahblah...) domainers are the first to speculate it and feel as great investment until a year or more than they sell it all some sold for great prices and some for dollar, because it's just not as valuable as .com.

I admit that some record sales in .tld can be done with generic but most have DNS that can be customized to website hosting. with .tel you can't and this is a good thing and not depends on how they promote it.

Within 10 years new kind of web will appears like web 2.0 and now web3.0 (social websites...).tel will be obsolete if development stays as a directory style.

Also their project were 10 years old before they launch according to some domaining news if I'm correct, so in the 90-2000 it could be interesting because of low speed internet at this time on several places in the world and email was something people uses a lot at this time it was trendy and useful (fax became dead). But now with social network and tweeter kind of communication, email is less something that's trendy but an old thing but still useful today.

I guess that some new TLDs can appears in 10+ years if ICANN accepts with new technologies similar to .tel but having all in one apps (social, web, email, contact, personal site, mobile app...)

So no, for me .tel and other tlds are not equal to .com

I still have one .tel or .me I'll keep it all my life because I like that domain but not because I want to be rich with it otherwise I spend my money on other things.

Last edited:
•••
JLouisBiz, that was a long post, why do you still buy .tel (reg today) when you create a tel sucks forum and hate some .tel officials.

1. I don't hate anyone. Where did you get that idea?

2. TEL domains are very useful. They are bringing $$$ to me.

3. TEL domains and service in general fails to a certain degree.

You see, once I was buying a printer, but one pin did not work, so it was industrial mistake. I have brought the printer back to the store, demonstrated the problem, and they gave me a new printer from the same series. That printer also had a same problem, I have brought it back, demonstrated that one pin out of maybe 9-24, did not work. Then I got the third printer, that one did not work, and the shop realized they have got whole series of printers with an industrial mistake. So, they gave me my money back. But it was not money that I needed, but printer.

With the TEL domain, I did not get money back, nor any replacement. Reporting what is wrong is absolutely OK.

I know I have a damaged product, but I am using it to boost the number of landing pages.
:imho:

•••
.tel really sucks, I've update some infos in my .tel, look at page and still same as previous, so I refresh, same, I clear history, same, refresh again and again after 30 min and still same don't know when dns will refresh in a hour, 24h, 48h...

Really bad!

•••
.tel really sucks, I've update some infos in my .tel, look at page and still same as previous, so I refresh, same, I clear history, same, refresh again and again after 30 min and still same don't know when dns will refresh in a hour, 24h, 48h...

Really bad!

That happens since months. It will get ignored by TELNIC, by the rule.
8^X

•••
One more thing, the positive is that adding google ads is now easy in telh.panel, I give telnic 2 thumbs up for this.

Last edited:
•••

Really bad!
I think what you mean is that propagation sucks. "Changes to DNS records do not propagate throughout the network immediately, but require all caches to expire and refresh." -Wikipedia. Sometimes this can take 24 to 48 hours. ;) You do understand that your TEL doesn't function like other TLDs, right?

•••
No changes can be made to the DNS so it should rather be a browser (cache) issue.

•••

Really bad!

yesterday it showed 1 minuts after I edit items.
And the most time I waited was about half an hour.

•••
if one has problems with .tel resolving, contact Telnic they are always there to help you, especially with the new domain drops many are facing that problem as the domain cache has not be updated to the new registrar/Account and some how need to be consulted once done it will update right away, i work on a few .tel sometimes but now its giving me business then just sitting idle, the business is not ADSENSE / Affiliates but Genuine Leads to my own business.

•••
I have this popular first name

If anyone is interested in it, drop me a PM

Chace.tel

•••

e-e.tel sold for $1,360 (DN Journal).

Not bad for a hyphenated .tel

:)

•••

e-e.tel sold for $1,360 (DN Journal).

Not bad for a hyphenated .tel

:)

Nice- and I just got a click of 1.36 euro on a 3 day old idn.tel via Adsense. :)

•••

Really bad!

Try clearing your web browser cache , then load the page... it could be on your end... *shrugs* it can happen

•••
looks like google have knocked .tel...it has mine

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back