Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey all, let's have some faith in what Justin and Henry are doing and where they are heading.

I sent the previous posts about the request for a marketing push and creating a BUZZ to Justin and Henri, if they didn't get a chance to catch up on this thread. I received back from Justin the following a few minutes ago (about 10 mins after I sent them the email):

Steve,

Rest assured, we are not going to be sitting back. Everyone has their own opinion on the best way of communicating - whether it's advertising, editorial, events, sponsorship, etc, etc - but we will be continuing to invest in the marketing and communications of .tel to all audiences. That's why I'm off to INTA to engage with brand owners in Seattle at the end of this week and why we're going to be at the Business Startup Exhibition in the UK with the Dragons Den crowd at the end of May and why we're investing a large budget in a PR and social media campaign. Momentum needs both investment and time - the first of which we have, the second we can't rush. We're putting announcements out on a weekly basis and are formulating some key activities as I write this email. What we won't do is engage in activity that the community is undertaking which is quite honestly taking our focus away from what we SHOULD be doing - communicating to people who don't know about .tel. We will of course keep the community informed when we are ready but only when we are ready.

I hope this is reasonable.

Best regards,

Justin

I agree..but it wont happen. They spent a few bucks on the "video ad", which was in my opinion very well done.. but they aren't spending another dime on advertising.. Telnic is expecting you and me to send their video to everybody we know in an effort at "viral marketing". My partner and I have a significant investment in .tel, and believe it has great potential, and would love to see it marketed hard.. but I don't see why Telnic would drop another dime on marketing...why burn profit? I would love to make my $ billion's $ sooner than later, and with a huge marketing push that would make it easier to accomplish, but I expect I'll be waiting 3-5yrs on this one..
I hope I'm wrong though... :)

Just my 2 cents.. (that's all I can afford :red:)

Saucey.

•••
that is for sure great news, i would hope that even with their effort we try our best too like Kprob to promote it in anyway we can no matter we know programing side of it or not :) its good to share your own .tel around you and hopefully it will spread.

i have had doubts about it every now and then when people pass mixed reviews but then again i believe in it as well since i have been personally waiting on it since oct 08.

Good luck everyone, thanks Justin & Henry for doing a great job.

•••
Tel promotion

Yes I also send accolades to the whole group at Telnic for their dedication, leadership, foresight, receptiveness to ideas, etc. We can also do our part in promoting tel. Spend some time developing your own showcase domains for starters. Cross link to friends domains. Make some videos. Don't lose focus. Don't be swayed by negative opinions. Send out press releases. Think out of the box. Ideas will come.
Mark

•••
That is great news! I must say, I am not surprised by Justin's enthusiasm as he has been gung-ho since the beginning.. I am very happy to hear that the plan is to continue promoting around the globe. If they give it the proper push, we will all reap the rewards.... From Telnic, right down to the early investors and pioneer's of .tel.

Good luck everyone..

Saucey..:alien:

Hey all, let's have some faith in what Justin and Henry are doing and where they are heading.

I sent the previous posts about the request for a marketing push and creating a BUZZ to Justin and Henri, if they didn't get a chance to catch up on this thread. I received back from Justin the following a few minutes ago (about 10 mins after I sent them the email):

Steve,

Rest assured, we are not going to be sitting back. Everyone has their own opinion on the best way of communicating - whether it's advertising, editorial, events, sponsorship, etc, etc - but we will be continuing to invest in the marketing and communications of .tel to all audiences. That's why I'm off to INTA to engage with brand owners in Seattle at the end of this week and why we're going to be at the Business Startup Exhibition in the UK with the Dragons Den crowd at the end of May and why we're investing a large budget in a PR and social media campaign. Momentum needs both investment and time - the first of which we have, the second we can't rush. We're putting announcements out on a weekly basis and are formulating some key activities as I write this email. What we won't do is engage in activity that the community is undertaking which is quite honestly taking our focus away from what we SHOULD be doing - communicating to people who don't know about .tel. We will of course keep the community informed when we are ready but only when we are ready.

I hope this is reasonable.

Best regards,

Justin

WHOO HOO!! POST # 500 !!!! Do I get a biscut now??

•••
•••
•••
We're working. Very hard. Lots of jetlag, little sleep, many meetings, lots of product development. The pipe is full and marketing and awareness plans are being made.

Those take time, and could not be undertaken before we launched. Figuring out the optimal multiplatform plans that get the best mix of awareness and call-to-action given a budget is not a one-day thing (except in movies).

•••
We're working. Very hard. Lots of jetlag, little sleep, many meetings, lots of product development. The pipe is full and marketing and awareness plans are being made.

Those take time, and could not be undertaken before we launched. Figuring out the optimal multiplatform plans that get the best mix of awareness and call-to-action given a budget is not a one-day thing (except in movies).

Keep up the good work!! :) I am still trying to remove my foot from my mouth from my prior post... ooops.
:hehe:

•••
I'm actually quite impressed -- that link sent me 58 visitors today from Namepros, so there's clearly quite a few people following .tel.

I'm sure a lot of .tel investors already know this but it was new to me, so it may be new to other people who haven't invested in .tel but are reading this.. One person posted a url on my blog which I thought was pretty good for .tel -- www.rewarding.me. It was nice to see a list of end users and others using their .tel.

•••
Just a fyi. I have several friend with small businesses.
I have gotten them on the bandwagon.
They are quite impressed with the ease of configuration and ability to use the domains.
So far only 5 small businesses but they have many contacts.

•••
Just a fyi. I have several friend with small businesses.
I have gotten them on the bandwagon.

I know people that work for the "city" .tel that I own,
one of those people had mentioned his boss came to work
after seeing that Ben commercial and talked about .tel
all day - those who didn't know what it was - thought he was strange :lol:

Fingers crossed that a contact will come out of it. :tu:

•••
getting them listed hasn't been a problem. Getting them to rank for competitive keywords is another matter. Being thin on real content you have to really work extra hard on quality backlinks...

I think .tels still have a change to have a good rank in Google.
Like keyword "brangelina" broad monthly search is about 100000 times. brangelina.tel in Google.ca ranked 27 th and in google.com ranked 30th.

•••
I really like the .ws info commercial, hope .tel will follow it, just type any domain name .ws not registered in browser and watch the video. That's what I call marketing to the mass.

•••
Anybody has any idea what the highest recorded .tel domain sale is?

•••
I think .tels still have a change to have a good rank in Google.
Like keyword "brangelina" broad monthly search is about 100000 times. brangelina.tel in Google.ca ranked 27 th and in google.com ranked 30th.
Sure they can rank. But I don't see anyone with the ability to SEO sites onto page 1 for valuable keywords using .tel to do it.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to rank a .tel when you can rank the .com linked from within the .tel and not have to worry about clickthru rates and all of the lost traffic.

Anyone who thinks their premium keyword .tel is a backdoor way onto page 1 without being able to develop or do SEO is in for a rude awakening. I think that probably applies to about 90% of the .tel supporters in this tread.

•••
Exactly, you might be able to get niche terms to rank somewhere. Extremely popular terms with advertisers will never index high because you can't properly develop a site without actual content. Being limited what you can do with the content is a huge problem SEO wise for in demand terms.

Sure they can rank. But I don't see anyone with the ability to SEO sites onto page 1 for valuable keywords using .tel to do it.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to rank a .tel when you can rank the .com linked from within the .tel and not have to worry about clickthru rates and all of the lost traffic.

Anyone who thinks their premium keyword .tel is a backdoor way onto page 1 without being able to develop or do SEO is in for a rude awakening. I think that probably applies to about 90% of the .tel supporters in this tread.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

I really like the .ws info commercial, hope .tel will follow it, just type any domain name .ws not registered in browser and watch the video. That's what I call marketing to the mass.

Oh Boy. You know it is bad when .TEL is striving to be .WS
.WS is an epic fail even with any promotion they have done.

Brad

•••
Oh Boy. You know it is bad when .TEL is striving to be .WS
.WS is an epic fail even with any promotion they have done.

Brad

Brad I don't say that tel is same as ws but need more tool to be viral to the mass. dot ws use a redirect to all .ws not registered so people can watch what they offer. I think commucating and educating the general public about .tel is necessary. If they don't promote it, it will stay unknown from public.

•••
Anybody has any idea what the highest recorded .tel domain sale is?

According to DNSalePrice it'd be Hire.tel which sold last month on Sedo for $3,000.

NameBio.com has no .tel sales listed.

•••
According to DNSalePrice it'd be Hire.tel which sold last month on Sedo for $3,000.

NameBio.com has no .tel sales listed.

Does anyone know if Hire.tel sale has actually gone through (name changing hands with new owner)?

•••
Looks like it -- whois says last updated on April 14th and the auction ended on April 6th.

Does anyone know if Hire.tel sale has actually gone through (name changing hands with new owner)?

•••

That should not ever be done at the DNS level, i.e. Verisign's SiteFinder. It would be a horrible idea. However, if only on the TelProxy, that's not as bad, but definitely not something we're keen on doing.

There are many many more interesting initiatives we're working one, and cramming the video down someone's throat who made a typo isn't one of them. :)

PS: did I say I loved Virgin America's in-flight wifi?

•••
•••
TelProxy Enhancements tomorrow:

· Updated Layout – Includes darker grey background, updated icons, movement of the vcard link to the bottom of the page, Keyword sub-titles reduced in size, “Location Record” now renamed to “Location”.

· Private Data Link - Functionality changed such that “Private data may be available. To view, click here” only displays in scenario’s where private data does exist

· Free text keywords are now always displayed first within the Keywords section rather than being scattered

· Map Location – Accuracy increased to fully reflect what the user sees in the TelHosting system

· Improved vCard support in scenarios where a domain has multiple addresses

· Enhancements to the login process for Mobile TelProxy

· Modification to the way in which hyperlinks are handled (i.e. Websites, FTP links and Location are now opened in a new browser window/tab)

Coming soon after:
· Updated labels (e.g. "Voice Call" changed to "Phone") – We're doing final proofs on all the different languages.

•••

Any chance of creating up and down arrows for the keyword section?

It would be awesome to be able to organize a hierarchy for the keyword blocks.

I believe it would really open up functionality for .tel.

;)

TelProxy Enhancements tomorrow:

· Updated Layout – Includes darker grey background, updated icons, movement of the vcard link to the bottom of the page, Keyword sub-titles reduced in size, “Location Record” now renamed to “Location”.

· Private Data Link - Functionality changed such that “Private data may be available. To view, click here” only displays in scenario’s where private data does exist

· Free text keywords are now always displayed first within the Keywords section rather than being scattered

· Map Location – Accuracy increased to fully reflect what the user sees in the TelHosting system

· Improved vCard support in scenarios where a domain has multiple addresses

· Enhancements to the login process for Mobile TelProxy

· Modification to the way in which hyperlinks are handled (i.e. Websites, FTP links and Location are now opened in a new browser window/tab)

Coming soon after:
· Updated labels (e.g. "Voice Call" changed to "Phone") – We're doing final proofs on all the different languages.

•••
That should not ever be done at the DNS level, i.e. Verisign's SiteFinder. It would be a horrible idea. However, if only on the TelProxy, that's not as bad, but definitely not something we're keen on doing.

There are many many more interesting initiatives we're working one, and cramming the video down someone's throat who made a typo isn't one of them. :)

PS: did I say I loved Virgin America's in-flight wifi?

Nice! Enjoying the flight are we Henri?? :hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back