NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
YELLOW.TEL was released but was registered in 3 seconds.. :|

•••
•••
hello,

just wanted to share the success of .tel Seo Capability with Google

go to Google and type " AIDS centers around the world "

and let me know where you see Neglected.tel ( which is part of AIDS.tel )

Thanks

Shahid

•••
Hey Rupert,
Where did you see that info?
G
Domain Name: YELLOW.TEL
Domain Registration Date: Wed May 06 15:00:03 GMT 2009
Domain Expiration Date: Wed May 05 23:59:59 GMT 2010

•••
•••
hello,

Thanks

Shahid

Do you know where it is, cause I can't find it!

•••

Attachments

• neglected.tel on Google.co.uk.jpg
    neglected.tel on Google.co.uk.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 52
  • neglected.tel on Google.jpg
    neglected.tel on Google.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 57
•••
•••
position 6 under google.ca

Cool, thanks for the update.

i guess .tel is performing well with long tail keywords so try to work on it.

example : equipments.tel

Heavy.Equipments.tel
Dj.Eqipments.tel
Medical.Equipments.tel

will be used as the words rather than the sub domains on google :) like heavy Equipments, Dj Equipments, Medical Equipments

or check Telnic | telProxy which is linked with Aquarium.me

Telnic | telProxy ( Buy Aquarium Fish )
Telnic | telProxy ( Saltwater Aquarium Fish )
Telnic | telProxy ( Find Aquarium Fish )

:)

•••
hello,

Thanks

Shahid
It's certainly commendable to focus on public service sites, but getting visitors to your site via SE traffic probably won't be easy. According to wordtracker, the term "AIDS centers around the world" brings back a 0. Even "AIDS centers" is rarely searched for.

I'd suggest using / building keywords that are popular search terms. Public service sites deserve to be found.

BTW, if your target is an audience searching for AIDS centers around the world, you might want to grab the .com, which is available at the time of this post. You'll grab #1 with that for sure.

•••
Reminder that the extended Moniker auction closes today in less than an hour, so if you want to bid on any of the premium .tel's then you'd better get your skates on!

Last edited:
•••
It's certainly commendable to focus on public service sites, but getting visitors to your site via SE traffic probably won't be easy. According to wordtracker, the term "AIDS centers around the world" brings back a 0. Even "AIDS centers" is rarely searched for.

I'd suggest using / building keywords that are popular search terms. Public service sites deserve to be found.

BTW, if your target is an audience searching for AIDS centers around the world, you might want to grab the .com, which is available at the time of this post. You'll grab #1 with that for sure.

thanks for the suggestion i just showed that word which popped up on google faster then expected, i personally would like people to come to my aids.tel how every they want rather then that specific keyword.

just thought i would share it with you all so you can know .tel is working good :)

i prefer it better then SEO Services provided by company ranging from 300-5000 US$ / yr why not just pay for 1-10 .tel domains that is just 100 US$ and do all the work your self redirect all the .tel to your own website and u will surely know :) where you stand.. :)

•••

Subdomains are starting to index as well, as evidenced by has [dot] tel (which is my site).

Like any site indexed by Google, it takes a while, though, but getting subdomains indexed is important and HUGE for .tel.

•••
I think this is good news:

I registered my FirstName LastName dot tel in March. I just found that if you Google my FirstName LastName and the word "movies" (one of my keywords) my dot tel comes in sixth from the top. And another of my dot tels (which has my name in the header copy) is on the fifth page.

The search results for My "FirstName LastName Movies" without quotes is 10,800,000.

I think this proves that Google will not be penalizing dot tels and that populated dot tels can rank high.

•••
If I'm not mistaken, this auction is closed and it doesn't appear that any of the .Tel's sold or, from what it appears, didn't even get a bid.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reminder that the extended Moniker auction closes today in less than an hour, so if you want to bid on any of the premium .tel's then you'd better get your skates on!

•••
Showcase

Where'd the showcase go? Maybe I dreamt it...but I thought I posted on it yesterday. Someone please PM me with info.
Thanks.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Verify ownsership with Google Apps

Hello all!

How is it possible for dotTEL to have a verified google apps if you can only change MX records of it?

•••
I think this proves that Google will not be penalizing dot tels and that populated dot tels can rank high.
As long as the expression being searched is not competitive everything is possible.

•••
As long as the expression being searched is not competitive everything is possible.

do you bother to read posts before sending your flippant reply? the searched-for term got 10.8 million google results? how is that not competitive? my dot tel ranked sixth from the top.

Last edited:
•••
do you bother to read posts before sending your flippant reply? the searched-for term got 10.8 million google results? how is that not competitive? my dot tel ranked sixth from the top.

Hi tkstark,

I think what sdsinc means is that the search result can have a big number, but the search rate may be virtually nil.

•••
the numbers can be big but if there's no sponsor ads then its not worth trying. Google's 'Sponsor Ads' is a sure way to tell if your keyword is being searched or they wouldn't pay adwords to get listed.

•••
I think what TKStark was saying is that Google listed his TEL, therefore Google is listing TELs and not punishing them for limited content.

Here's another example that is high volume.

The three letters "tel" get a total of 976,000,000 results in Google. That's big!

smallco.tel has reached the 28th position in Google for these three letters. That's page three, the 8th position.

Here's a list of the 23 companies ahead of the domain name smallco.tel. Some companies have more than one listing:

telnic.org
wikipedia.org
tnsos.org
alltel.com
gale.com
iana.org
yahoo.com
iqt.org
ectel09.org
cnn.com
ktel.com
telavivuniv.org
teltru.com
centurytel.com
rehov.org
telefontelaviv.com
calftel.com
myspace.com
autobytel.com
ptsupply.com
teldrug.com
telgo.com
hilton.com

There are a lot of companies that have been around for many years that would like to do this well on a search for "tel". How about Name.com, Dotster.com and Moniker.com? All are big sites selling TEL and have a lot more interest in showing up higher on this simple three letter search. In fact both Name.com and Dotster.com show up in the paid advertising for these letters. IMHO, the 28th spot is pretty good for a domain that has been in existence for only a few months.

TEL is going to do well in Google. There is no doubt, IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back