Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes I also send accolades to the whole group at Telnic for their dedication, leadership, foresight, receptiveness to ideas, etc. We can also do our part in promoting tel. Spend some time developing your own showcase domains for starters. Cross link to friends domains. Make some videos. Don't lose focus. Don't be swayed by negative opinions. Send out press releases. Think out of the box. Ideas will come.
Mark

That's what Ive done: video on you tube and now press release

I will continue promoting .tel by my own to help it be success.

•••
•••

Here's a tip for using links on .tel:

If you have a link with a question mark or other symbols in it, you can often truncate the URL and still arrive at the same page. The USPS site has a bunch of long URLs, but you can often cut the end of the URL off.

•••
Reece, nice find on that TelFeeder app!
Potentially an excellent resource.
I think we will be seeing many more apps to follow.
Perhaps a Tel App Store page can be added to telnic someday.
Hey, it worked for iPhone. Why not .Tel?
Thanks Reece. Repped.

•••

I'm going to be honest here:

I don't like the gray background of the Tel sites at all. It's rather grim and depressing.

The white was MUCH better and perkier.

If you want contrast, maybe a light yellow or muted lilac (as a lighter tone of the purple logo). Or allow (on a limited basis) the background color to be an owner's choice. Maybe offer 5 - 10 choices.

This morning, when I brought up one of my sites, my response was visceral and immediate.

•••
Yeah, and this is the problem when you don't control your own content.

I agree the color does not work. It would be interesting if .TEL could at least offer people a choice of several different themes to use.

Brad

I'm going to be honest here:

I don't like the gray background of the Tel sites at all. It's rather grim and depressing.

The white was MUCH better and perkier.

If you want contrast, maybe a light yellow or muted lilac (as a lighter tone of the purple logo). Or allow (on a limited basis) the background color to be an owner's choice. Maybe offer 5 - 10 choices.

This morning, when I brought up one of my sites, my response was visceral and immediate.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, and this is the problem when you don't control your own content.

I agree the color does not work. It would be interesting if .TEL could at least offer people a choice of a several different themes to use.

Brad

I agree with you here.

Howver, I do control actual content, at least to a certain extent.

As far as infrastructure is concerned, I do like the limitations. All my cards are populated, and changes are easy to make.

However, I think Telnic has to walk a fine line here and create a look that does not resemble a funeral card.

•••
Not good at all, the dot tel backgroud, brtter when it was before. Also it's too bad that links are open in new windows because some browsers have popup block, better to have both as option.

•••
Ouch, this new background is not fun to look at. I'm sure they will change it when the negative feedback rolls in.

As bmugford said, .tel should offer a choice of templates.

•••
•••
They should change the name of the .TEL Logo/Picture (top right of page). Because alot of my .tel sites that were "cached" already, seem to use an older picture that appear with jagged edges. when I "refresh" the page, I get the new logo with the soft outer glow. If they changed the picture name, perhaps that would eliminate the problem with older cached logos.

I agree with others that "templates" would be a nice feature. I'm not sure if that can be taken a step further, and have "themed" templates -- such as Sports, Health, Travel, Financial, etc...

•••
I've seen that the festival de cannes (french movie awards) have a dot tel but not sure if it's a fan site or real official site: festivaldecannes.tel

PLS Telnic, Henri or else, remove that background and put previous back or a better background like white or else.

•••
I agree, just seen the new background - gives the whole page a morbid feel :!:

•••
the new background is drab, but i don't have a problem with it. it was drab before, too. the total effect of the tweaks is that it focuses the eye more on what we want eyes to be focused on. the content stands out more.

•••
•••
•••
golfhotels.tel is also there....decent price with 2 days to go....

Reserve met rsc.tel 45 £ 1 1d 19h 50m Please click here for more information!Please click here for more information!
Reserve met golfhotels.tel 185 EUR 1 2d 11h 32m

Thanks David! I was actually updating my post when you made YOUR post...hehehehe!! :)

•••
The new .tel background bites.

I would like to customize the colors and backgrounds on my .tel sites.

•••
I must be the odd one out -- I actually like the new background :)

•••
•••

Great link and article! I do believe that Telnic and .tel is moving along nicely. With the new tools being developed, we're going to see more and more .tels being populated. Already, 152,000 sites have been indexed by Google. Not too shabby for a gTLD that's only about two months old.

Hi Ms Domainer!

Where are you seeing 152,000 sites indexed by Google? I'm seeing around 46,000. Do you mean Jeppa?

•••
I think the fact they're easier to develop will encourage more domainers to do so :)

Great link and article! I do believe that Telnic and .tel is moving along nicely. With the new tools being developed, we're going to see more and more .tels being populated. Already, 152,000 sites have been indexed by Google. Not too shabby for a gTLD that's only about two months old.

•••
Hi Ms Domainer!

Where are you seeing 152,000 sites indexed by Google? I'm seeing around 46,000. Do you mean Jeppa?

No, I mean Google.

If you put this

site:.tel​

in the search box, you will get the number of sites indexed.

Of course, there may be variations depending on locale, and, also, the figure I get could include subdomains.

On the other hand, we should be glad if Google is indexing subdomains. That's a good sign.

;)

•••
No, I mean Google.
If you put this
site:.tel​
in the search box, you will get the number of sites indexed.

&#$%!! I did the same thing 5 hours ago and I got 40k... Now I try it again and I'm getting 170k!

Neat!

•••
An option for those who don't like the .tel web proxy page:

Glittel.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back