Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
STP said he saw a banner somewhere in Bucharest about a .pro website, I was curious to know that website. Just for your knowledge, .ro is the most used TLD in Romania. Since companies prefer .ro more than .com (not even thinking in comparing with .pro), I was curious to know which one invested in advertising a .pro domain.
:wave:

Saw that banner in the Alba Iulia square few weeks ago but tbh I don't remember the name, it was 1 Romanian word.pro. I remember I was surprised seeing it. As far as I know anyone with a college degree can register and promote a .pro

But it's true that Romanian clearly prefer .ro instead of anything else as a 1st choice but still there are so many that have no idea about domain names and have money invested..for example this site was advertised for a long time in the Romana square(center of Bucharest) on a huge banner and I really laughed a bit when i saw the name.

•••
Hello everyone nice Easter+holidays.

BIG HELP NEEDED HERE
I bought a domainname on Sedo a couple of monts ago and it was pushed to Encrica.
I have to rernew in 15 or 20 days.(and they only give 3 days or so grace period after expiry at normal pricing).
It's urgent.(please read ALL the questions before answering)

THE PROBLEMS/QUESTIONS I HAVE ARE =>

1/ I Don't know HOW TO PAY RENEWAL (see also item 6-7 below).,
2/AND I don't know how to change WHOIS either (to me),
3/and I don't know Authjorization code of the name.
(can it be that I have to make myself an Authorization Code ?)
4/If I click on the domainname there's a popup and I can change things.
There is a "handle" mentioned that I can change but is that handle MY handle (as the whois is still of the former owner).
6/When I'm logged in, If I'm on the main menu with my domainname and I click on something on the left of the page, SUDDENLY I seem to have to give in AGAIN a login and password, ALTHOUGH I'M ALREADY LOGGED IN => HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE ????Anyhow, I get errors if I try to use my main login and pasword (of my Encirca account) when I click on links on the left, although I'm logged in in my account and I can see my name.
7/The big problem with Encirca is that they don't are reachable by phone.
8/Please reply quickly,; so that I can still register some PRO's at promotionprice this weekend.

Thanks from beforehand.
Kind Regards,
Domainstore
(Steven)
:wave:

•••
Not sure I understand your problem.

The Encirca website is a little odd.

To renew a domain, use this link http://encirca.com/html/renew.shtml

You click on your method of payment, and then login on the next screen. After doing that, all of your domains will appear. Pick the ones to renew and proceed to make your payment.

Good luck.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Just a reminder that the Encirca site shows that the $4.99 price
ENDS March 31.

I've continued to renew ALL my .pros and have no intention of dropping any. I could not be more pleased with my small portfolio which includes a thoughtful collection of .com, .net, .info, .us, and of course, .pro. Most are .com and .pro.

I believe that .pro is a great international TLD with much marketing opportunity because of general business recognition of the word professional. For the purpose of marketing in the US, I'm happy to use .com, .pro, .us.

A few days ago, I happened across a price list on name.com - a list of the TLDs they sell and prices. It occurred to me that once all the gTLDs get launched, that particular page would have to be a mile long.

We each have to develop our own independent judgements about many things in business and investing.

Happy Domain Buying and Developing.

•••
Last edited:
•••
What is the best way to sell .pro's?

I have many, like marriage.pro, daycare.pro, childcare.pro and several city .pro's.

•••
domainstore.

to update the whois information goto list contacts and modify your encirca contact or add contact information there.

then you have to add the handle to domains/modify domains. You search for the domain you want to modify and then update the encirca handle and it will copy that contact information into the domain you update.

Hope that is helpful as it is different way of doing it.

•••
Whould you be so kind to advice the cheapest registrar for .pro now?
Thx in advance

•••
•••
Encirca was the cheapest, but the deal ended in March. They are back up to 11 dollar registrations now.

•••
Cloud.pro sold for 7,000 USD :wave:

•••
Usually cloud . anything sells good.
Recent sale I know was cloud.us sold over $8k. Still $7k is a good sale too.

•••
cloud.pro is another decent .pro sale!

•••
•••
•••
Only.pro has been sold for 700 USD :wave:

•••
Hello

I sell Freelance.pro
I used it to host my website, but switch to a cctld.
the one who will send me the best escrow.com transaction offer (my id : py at land(remove that parenthesis)anger )dot fr before the end of 14/4 , will get it
regards

•••
Thanks for the info I will try to renew the name.
Otherwise I'lll contact Sedo

•••
Tennis.pro has been sold for 6,500 USD :wave:

•••
•••
At Sedo weekly sales report. :gl:

•••
Just think about it, tennis.pro at $6k, what a bargain, considering:

• - Tennis.com would probably be worth a couple of million.
  • - Ultimate brand for tennis coaching / professionals.
  • - 1.8 million exact searches per month for tennis.
  • - Multi - Billion dollar industry market size annually.
  • - TennisPro.com was registered in 1995.

In a world where thousands of alternative tlds are soon to be a reality, a 3 letter extension with global meaning, which has the added seo advantage of having been around for a while, will surely have an edge. This is one smart buy.

•••
•••
Someone got that at a great value. I bet people search directly for 'tennis pro'
Will easily get #1 placement under that search term. 100%

•••
I've hard more than once from SEO guy that .pro is hard to rank.

•••
I've hard more than once from SEO guy that .pro is hard to rank.

wouldnt make any sense for it to stay like that after the new gTLD's... serious adjustments will need to be made.

should have been fixed already.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back