NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got filmmaker.pro first page on searches for 'film maker'

It's hard to rank anything top page even a .com

•••
Domain Name:SEDO.PRO
Created On:09-Feb-2013 01:05:07 UTC
Last Updated On:15-Apr-2013 07:51:16 UTC
Expiration Date:09-Feb-2014 01:05:07 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNOM, Inc (R2343-PRO)
Registrant ID:6f06990a02d3da92
Registrant Name:Transfer Service
Registrant Organization:Sedo

•••
Strange, that domain was already active years ago. It must have dropped at some point.

•••
Speechless

http://www.thedomains.com/2013/04/23/pw-gets-over-50000-registration-in-just-3-weeks/

This is just embarrassing....to have a .pro extension for so many years and not have a marketing campaign in place with a push to remove the reg requirements is beyond comprehension.

A year and a half after affilias purchase and they have managed to promote mostly through low pricing.

.co and now .pw are showing everyone that low pricing is not the answer

However that been said it would be interesting out of 50k .pw regs how many portfolio owners are involved

•••
I registered a dozen of them. Mainly going after keywords that I wanted to have for development. I originally thought the same, but I think .pw has launched an impressive campaign and will probably have over 100K registrants or more by next year. If Afilias wants to beat the competition they should get .pro listed on goDaddy. That would change the dynamic real fast!

•••
i think you're giving too much credit to "an impressive campaign"

to who? where?

whats gonna happen when people have 1,000+ TLD's to choose from? the .pw TLD is gonna look funny next to all those real actual words.. whats it gonna have an asterisk next to it, explaining what these 2 letters are supposed to mean? :lol:

eventually it'll go back to being the ccTLD for Palau i think.. this whole professional web campaign is only useful for a short moment in time - theyd be wise to not spend the funds too crazily.

•••
i think you're giving too much credit to "an impressive campaign"

to who? where?
Domainers of course. And TM holders. Who else ?

•••
an impressive campaign as compared to .pro
hate to say that but it is true. They have 50K registrants in a month. .pro has 150K registrants in 10 years.
Alot also has to do with restrictions I think too. I don't think they are fudging their numbers with "zip.pro's" either

ps. I'm not that crazy see this http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2013/dailyposts/20130423.htm

Last edited:
•••
but thats like saying 5 cents is a lot of money compared to 1 cent. there is no "campaign" outside of domainers. .mobi ran a VERY successful campaign (to domainers) but look at values of .mobi now

.pw are two random letters.. its not like re-purposing .TV or .ME or .CO which you dont need to explain anything.

seriously, when im able to choose .SHOP, .STORE, .SALE, .WEB, and hundreds of others... why in the world would i choose .PW? the type of people (aside from domainers) that are open to registering these "different" TLDs will see a thousand choices. .PW is laughable against these.. bottom of the barrel

•••
you might have me there mjnels! but the internet is still a crazy place. If .pw has a large enough user group it could become recognizable and its short. don't get me wrong my portfolio is largely tilted to .pro as I believe it is the better extension.

•••
.pw are two random letters.. its not like re-purposing .TV or .ME or .CO which you dont need to explain anything.

seriously, when im able to choose .SHOP, .STORE, .SALE, .WEB, and hundreds of others... why in the world would i choose .PW? the type of people (aside from domainers) that are open to registering these "different" TLDs will see a thousand choices. .PW is laughable against these.. bottom of the barrel

The .PW marketing was targeted at hooking suckers, AKA gullible domainers with a lottery ticket mentality.

.PW is totally worthless now and in the future.

No one who would think "Professional Web" when they saw PW. This is not .TV or .CO that at least has a natural association.

Even with that association .TV and .CO have both struggled to gain real world traction.

Maybe one day .PW could be as credible as .CC or .WS.

Brad

•••
Also, many won't be renewed.

But it shows that promotion helps.

It doesn't matter really, because you aren't going to see any significant development on that TLD.

And there are extensions that have crossed the 1M threshold that are still irrelevant today.

It's in the spotlight now, but that doesn't last very long. Wait until the next TLD release, that is soon.
How is .sx doing by the way ?

•••
"If .pw has a large enough user group it could become recognizable and its short."

No, c'mon now. That's just going to look like some random 2 letters put together to most people. The others coming down the line are at least recognizable words. These pw regs are just plain crazy.

•••
•••
I stand corrected. Thanks Jurgen.

•••
•••
but thats like saying 5 cents is a lot of money compared to 1 cent. there is no "campaign" outside of domainers. .mobi ran a VERY successful campaign (to domainers) but look at values of .mobi now

Agree 100%.

Can you imagine how many potential applicants wanted to register PRO ... or how many would have applied for it if it had been available. I doubt that you can say that about many ccTLD's.

Sorry if I'm repeating someone. I'm behind on my reading.

8^X

•••
•••
You need to understand when your own position is at the end of the food chain :imho:

•••
•••
I received some spam email from .pw
That is what fast growth gives you. 100K registrants listed in that article is still pretty hefty sales.

•••
•••
Jurgen, are you saying it will help if we send godaddy requests to carry .pros?
Have you heard if godaddy is going to be allowing .pro's anytime soon?

•••
nic.ru (absolutely LOCAL Registrar) has ~30K .PROs at now!
Think about GoDaddy…

•••
You need to understand when your own position is at the end of the food chain :imho:

Simply not true. I buy from registrars and sell to end users. So, am I still at the end of the food chain?

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

Interesting news for the supposedly other professional web

http://domainincite.com/12895-direc...ampaign=Feed:+DomainIncite+(DomainIncite.com)

anyone get a copy of Toby Clements newsletter today ?

interesting asking prices for the .net

i think many extensions will head in this direction as the general population accepts and remembers different extensions

T.C. and his brother are a joke.

8^X

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back