Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for the tip, I will try it!

•••
No ID needed to reg .PRO 2.0
Only one additional field to complete: "profession".

Regards,

I received an email after registering this which tells me:

Code:
Thank you for your recent .pro order.

Before a new .PRO domain can be used, you must first submit your
license credentials demonstrating eligibility for .pro.

To complete this step, please click on the link below or copy-and-paste
it into your web browser.

Best regards,

EnCirca Support

If I don't do this they can take the domain ?

•••
•••
It requires all those licensing authority and so on. I do not have that :) I entered some dummy texts.

•••
You can certify yourself. Just your unis diploma number or driving lic. number.

•••
I can't modify it now, anyway I guess that they will send this again and I will certify with my drivers license if you say that I can.

By the way, the domain I registered is ejobs.pro

•••
•••
You can certify yourself. Just your unis diploma number or driving lic. number.

It requires all those licensing authority and so on. I do not have that :) I entered some dummy texts.

I guess this makes you a verified licensed professional. Lol

From main page of http://www.nic.pro/

"Immediately communicate your credentials to clients with a .PRO domain name. A .PRO domain name tells the world that you’re a verified licensed professional and helps you establish trust online."

pro.png

•••
Since Sep 2008 registrants self-certify their professional status.

•••
All that is required at registrars who are using Pro 2.0 live is to identify your profession type. I'm not sure all registrars have adopted the upgrade yet. I've never heard of anyone getting audited., but I'd recommend getting a business license.

•••
I've never heard of anyone getting audited.
Me! Nic.pro blocked all my domains twice because Spanish Government changed its Labour Ministry url. >:(

•••
1. I know domainer with deactivated .PROs until he passed verification.
Reason: inaccurate contact details.

2. hexonet.net adopted .PRO 2.0

Last edited:
•••
3. Ok, good to have a license then.

•••
bugs.pro

Still a bunch of decent drops.

•••
Godaddy's auction page has some premium .PRO's !

listed, but not open for bidding yet.

Last edited:
•••
Hey cdboard, have the direct link, please? :gl:

•••
nice find cdboard!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
•••
•••
If Godaddy are going to auction the good ones, it has no sense that Godaddy doesn't manage domains for the winners, so Godaddy are going to offer .pro registration very soon.

Today is a great day for every .pro investor! :hehe:

•••
How come you can't get whois info on any of those .pro domains?

•••
•••
This is a big deal as the marketing value alone for the .pro registry is big. GoDaddy and Sedo are the largest auction houses online.

•••
Forget SEDO!

By using their seach engine, it is almost impossible to find a .pro there and auctions are followed only by some few domainers, so almost all ones finish with the first bid, so you will just loose some time by sending a domain to SEDO auction.

Also SEDO is against .pro, because SEDO owns its own portfolio at domcollect.com and there are no .pro there.

SEDO is NOT your/my/our friend. >:(

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
GoDaddy won't let you list .pro's either. I just got off the phone with them and they don't support .pro..which I knew.

I know we've discussed this before, but where do your recommend listing .pro's? I didn't think Godaddy was our friend either till maybe today.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back