NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems .PRO is slowly coming out of the cage with cheaper reg prices than they were a year ago and major registrars like netsol taking notice of the extension and promoting it. B-)

Here are some that I picked up in last couple of days:

Alexandria.pro

Anchorage.pro

Arlington.pro

Belfast.pro

Birmingham.pro

Budapest.pro

Durham.pro

Fairfax.pro

Italian.pro

Lisbon.pro

Fire away with your regs after the relaunch on September 8th, 2008.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Generaly haters of extensions are just jealous that didn't get in early enough to secure a good name. They are usually also fans of some other "AWESOME" ext, like ...... sdsinc and .me.

Really? This is news for me!! :lol:

•••
:zzz:

Last edited:
•••
Generaly haters of extensions are just jealous that didn't get in early enough to secure a good name.

This perhaps is along the same pattern of flawed logic that attracts individuals to .PRO type TLDs and then keeps them locked into a visual tunnel whereby they cannot see the forest (for the trees).

At the time these alternative extensions were being developed, we were still in the middle of a domain/website expansion phase. Now the opposite is happening. There is massive contraction.

The reality is that only one second level domain is needed to operate the entire Internet. Every website, every mail server, everything else attached could operate on that single domain (eg. internet.com) using sub-domains (third-level domains). If you can accept this premise, please continue.

At one time there was this mad rush by businesses and individuals to stake their claim on the Internet. This period spanned from around 1995 to 2005. As social media began expanding, fewer and fewer consumers wanted or needed their own independent domains. The momentum of this exodus is increasing. If you can also accept this premise, please continue.

The situation with professionals and businesses is much more complicated. Basically every business that wants a website already has one, many have figured out they don't need a website, and existing web-based businesses are being squeezed out by the likes of Amazon, Wal-Mart, and Ebay.

This is basically why .PRO will not grow from here, not in terms of numbers registered, but in terms of general adoption, actual usage, human acceptance, and overall need. IMO.

Last edited:
•••
While I agree Social Networks have taken a bite out of the need for some personal websites, I believe they have done more to bring consistency out of web usage. Also I agree that it isn't easy to compete with the big boys as you mentioned. But I think the internet is a long way from being a monopoly.

Advertising growth on the internet has consistently grown since 2005. From $16.9 Billion in 2006 to $50.3 Billion in 2011 (See Source). There may not be the "Oklahoma Land Rush of 1893", but to think you missed the boat in making money from internet names and websites is just plain wrong.
Source: http://www.marketingcharts.com/wp/w...rket-and-internet-access-growth-2006-2011.jpg

By the way, there will always be PROfessionals willing to spend money to advertise, but will there always be TV? Not in the way TV has been TV for the last 50 years. I doubt it'll be called TV anymore in the next 10 years.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20099528-1/tv-sales-slowing-down-study-says/

•••
I don't think that most Pro owners care too much about the success or failure of the extension, but that always seems to be the focus of the discussion. My goal is to make money, not to help PRO dominate the world. In the meantime I'll do what I can to promote the extension, but I'll do so only to line my pockets and the pockets of my friends.

Uncle Milton said that greed, profit motive, drives the world. I say Amen.

8^X

•••
1510 euro... not bad
I own hairstyle.pro

•••
•••
Encirca.com: Happy Holidays! $2.99 For New Registrations .Pro

Last edited:
•••
Encirca.com: Happy Holidays! $2.99 For New Registrations .Pro

I'm seeing $7.99 (still a good deal). Is there some other link or a coupon code that you found that brings it to $2.99?

•••
It's $2.99 now from what I see too, pretty good offer imo.

Thanks beltelmer.

Picked up a few, not bad for the price. :)

Last edited:
•••
I'm not convinced this is the best move by encirca. i realize the .pro registry is dropping their prices across the board, but 2.99 is extremely low.

Scoop them up while you can. Also, in case anyone is interested i added registry services through facts.pro. I may be able to get people a lower than 14.95 renewal rate on transfers to anyone on this board that contacts me through pm.

•••
Dear .Professionals
I am developing Apps.pro and have to sell for this my
.Pro Diamonds for cheap. PM who is interested to have this Great portfolio:
Animation.pro
Bets.pro
Capital.pro
Connection.pro
Contact.pro
innovation.pro
Lottery.pro
Management.pro
Picture.pro
Pictures.pro
Super.pro
Young.pro

Last edited:
•••
Any opinions please on Hulu.pro and Spread.pro

I haven't checked TESS but Hulu doesn't appear to be Registered. Nevertheless, I'm only in it to flip it. Any thoughts ???

SPREAD has so many uses and meanings that my first thought is that it's way too broad. But is that necessarily a bad thing? There are a number of billion dollar businesses that it applies to. Still ... just don't know.

I'm just debating renewal of these two and would love to hear as many Yea's or Nay's as possible.

Gracias Pros!

8^X

:santa:

•••
Ugh no, to both of these would be my opinion
Do you flip pros for a decent profit easily and quickly?

•••
Let them expire. IMO.

Ummm....He's had these for at least a year, so I would guess the answer is "No".

•••
Ugh no, to both of these would be my opinion

Sorry siga. I misspoke. Some people develop Pros, but I don't. I just wanted to make it clear that I had no intentions of developing them. They would only be held for resale.

I've only flipped a few pros for good money, and the buyers generally track you down.

Thanks much for your input.

:santa:

•••
Let them expire. IMO.

Si

That's been the plan for the past month or more but now that Cut day has arrived I have Dropper's Remorse.

But they're gone.

Does anyone know of a way to remove a Pro domain name from your portfolio on EnCirca?

8^X

•••
It's $2.99 now from what I see too, pretty good offer imo.

Thanks beltelmer.

Picked up a few, not bad for the price. :)

Thanks, for some reason it wasn't showing when I checked it previously.

•••
EnCirca is showing me $2.99.

How about that. A real dot Pro promotion.

•••
•••
Collectors generally buy with no intent of reselling. Investors buy specifically to resell.

And you said that you posted to criticize, thereby contributing to the forum. Then you post cute little statements with no obvious purpose other than to be antagonistic. But at least you're entertaining.

8^X

Last edited:
•••
del

Last edited:
•••
Latona - available.

Last edited:
•••
What do you need to buy a .pro ? I knew there are some requirements. Thanks!

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back