Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Matt,
Have you got the Yahoo, Google, or any top tier feed yet?

•••
And he kicks everyone out for the second time and more delays and promises.

•••
Matt, we were led to believe that the adverts shown would depend on the country of the visitors. You clearly posted here, and sent an e-mail, with a list of countries' traffic that is now supported by Bodis. I'm in the UK and all I can see on my domains are, presumably, the two crappy American feeds. Why must the adverts shown on a domain be dictated by the language of the country of the domain's registrant? That's crazy.

I can't even get European keywords to work.

How can I get the European feeds?

I deliberately moved some of my European language domains to Bodis because you said they were supported, and I moved my English and American ones away in an effort to avoid all the Find Stuff, CouponMountain and Local **** Buddies adverts.

And another thing. If these are the best two of the fifteen feeds, what are the other thirteen like??

I think you should forget working on the logo and spend more time finding a proper feed and keeping us informed.

EDIT

I notice that the 'F' word has been asterisced out on my post, why can't Bodis to the same to the adverts that it serves to my domains??

•••
jeffoverman said:

If you're not happy then you should bail out. Then you won't have to put up with the "delays" and "promises".

•••
jeffoverman said:

?

Nobody was kicked out for the "second" time so I am not sure what you are talking about.

And to the post below yours, we serve the two best feeds per country. I think you misunderstood my previous post. I was giving an example that we'd serve the 2 best feeds for USA that would work best on the entire network (for that country). It is impossible to use USA feeds for non-USA visitors. No ads would show, since it is prohibited by the upstream ad providers. We already have the majority of the best second-tier feeds. Nothing else can improve with the feeds that we currently have except Bodis itself by

1) Putting all of them into use at the same time instead of 2.

2) Changing the layout to increase clicks.

That's all we can do right now until we grow and expand and get a feed from either Yahoo or Google.

PS
I am not working on the logo. That logo was finished months ago and was posted here only for display.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for clearing that up Matt, I must've misunderstood. It looked as if you were confirming that the feeds were the two best ones for the domainers country.

How can I set the keywords to European words? I haven't been able to do that yet.

•••
Anyone else having an issue with their sites not displaying currently? (none of mine are resolving)

•••
CoolMark said:
How can I set the keywords to European words? I haven't been able to do that yet.

Please explain exactly what you mean by setting to "European words" and maybe I can help you with that.

notlikeyou said:
Anyone else having an issue with their sites not displaying currently? (none of mine are resolving)

I see all parked pages resolving without any problems on the servers. Please let me know if you still are having problems viewing the site.

•••
cfguru360 said:
I see all parked pages resolving without any problems on the servers. Please let me know if you still are having problems viewing the site.

Displaying now but at 2:45 or 2:50 I could not bring up any of my domains parked at Bodis. Fluke I guess.

•••
cfguru360 said:
That's all we can do right now until we grow and expand and get a feed from either Yahoo or Google.
Hi Matt, I'm interpreting the above statement as follow:
1. Bodis doesn't have enough visitor or pageviews to get a Yahoo or Google feed.
2. When Bodis has expanded, then Bodis will get either a Yahoo or Google feed.

Am I right to assume that there's no Yahoo or Google feed at the time when you launch v2? Seems to me we're in a Chicken or Egg situation.

=> No Yahoo or Google feed => low RPC => less people parking at Bodis => less visitors => not meeting minimum requirement of Yahoo or Google => No Yahoo or Google feed => low RPC......

•••
cfguru360 said:
Please explain exactly what you mean by setting to "European words" and maybe I can help you with that.

Thanks. I can't set my keywords to anything other than English words. It just says "No results found for specified keyword. Please try a different keyword. (Automatic Lander) " for evry word I try.

Even when I try to set the keyword to a very common, multi-language word like 'reklama' it won't accept it, even though there must be loads of people using that as a keyword for their adverts.

•••
Well in order to qualify for a Google feed these days it takes more than just enough visitors unfortunately. More like 10+ million revenue per year. And when I say +, I mean +. And Yahoo is even worse.

And I am not speaking about the best Google feed. That is not even possible. In order to get the best Google feed, we'll need a lot more millions of revenue per year I'd estimate. Maybe in the 9 figures. And even that may not be an option as soon as a year or two down the road.

Are we in an Chicken and Egg situation? Definitely not. Sure it would really be nice to have the same feed that Sedo, Oversee.net, or Skenzo has with Google, but what I tried doing best for the new Bodis is finding ways to make more money with a bunch of second-tier feeds.

As I've mentioned, better layouts, better use of feeds, and better features. There will be many niche domain names that will perform better here than with Google or anywhere else. We also have better flexibility of our feeds, how we can optimize them, and use them to our advantage. We have users now, not a lot, but a few that have domain names that do great RIGHT NOW on Bodis. And I know how clunky the current Bodis is, and I also know that there is a definite revenue improvement in the new Bodis since I've already tested it. So I know that there will be many more domain names that will do great with the new Bodis.

We have 32,000 client domain names currently resolving to the Bodis nameservers. Some of our other competitors such as:

ParkingPanel.com 24,000
RevenueDirect.com 270,000
Parked.com 890,000

I know that some of these parking programs have their own seperate portfolios and also some cherry pick the best of the best, but considering how bad Bodis currently is, and I know how bad it is, I see the daily revenue as well - I think we're doing pretty damn good with 32,000 domain names as is, not to mention the fact that we haven't accepted a domainer into the program for over a half a year now.

Once we get this new Bodis out which is stable and has an easy to use system, and we start accepting members, things will start improving. Most portfolios have a domain name or two that does better on Bodis than elsewhere. Once we get enough users with these niche domain names we will get the revenue we need to get a better feed.

But the feed is not my main concern right now.

Things are near completion, but I can't let things go wrong like they did with Bodis so far, otherwise I could be in trouble, that's why I am taking all the time necessary.

CoolMark said:
Thanks. I can't set my keywords to anything other than English words. It just says "No results found for specified keyword. Please try a different keyword. (Automatic Lander) " for evry word I try.

Even when I try to set the keyword to a very common, multi-language word like 'reklama' it won't accept it, even though there must be loads of people using that as a keyword for their adverts.

Sorry, the current Bodis uses keywords supplied by a 3rd party. If they cannot return results, then unfortunately there's nothing we have in place there that would get you those results. Your best bet is to edit the keywords via the Custom Keyword editing box found in the Manage Domains section once you click on a domain name.

The new Bodis makes use of a better keyword system that will find you results for "reklama" and other multi-lingual keywords.

•••
I really appreciate the sincerity of your post Matt. I have very few names now that are not performing at all in terms of clicks . Some italian domain that are very good basically do not display relevant ads, but very generic ones.
People doesn twant to go through several steps before getting the site of interest so the ad have to be "focused" on what the customer is looking for.
Same applies to english domains.
I am sticking with Bodis as I believe you have a vision , and have faith that Bodis v2 will be a great improvement.
On the other side I haven t been customising domains because waiting for the new version, and this adds up to the poor performance.
I am ready to add other domains as soon as B2 will be on place and running strong though :wave:

•••
•••
•••
•••
I'd like to see you maximizing SEO too (in addition to all the other things you mentioned). I use Parked.com right now and i never rank on any of my sites.

Also, were you using a 2nd-tiered feed last year when the PPC skyrocketed?

•••
I looked a reging for Bodis a while back when apps were open but for one reason or another it slipped and now that I came back it says regs are closed for the moment. Any idea when they'll open again? I've got some domains at Sedo I'd like to try out at Bodis, and of course give Bodis a spin. Cheers

•••
When PPC was skyrocketed we were actually using a better feed. Everyone in the industry that had that feed no longer has it, including Bodis.

SEO is a lot better in the new version and will only get better.

Bodis registration will open when we release our new version of Bodis.

•••
Hi, Matt.

How about an estimate of when V2 will come out.
Not asking for an exact date.....but how about an idea...1 week, 1 month, 3 months?

•••
Hm - tried to signup and apparently they are not taking new applications.

•••
cvos said:
Hm - tried to signup and apparently they are not taking new applications.

lol...look at cfguru's post two up.

Fair enough not searching the entire thread...but when it's right in front of you??

•••
Good question.

It's hard to compare so I cannot really say what company it is most similar to. I can say that the major improvements are technology.

The management of domain names itself is the least advanced part of the entire new version (although with plans to ofcoarse improve on). By that I mean, I have abandoned things such as "Folders", and little nifty features. So you can say that in terms of mass managing domains it is pretty much down to simplicity. That is probably one of the areas I'd like to concentrate on AFTER we upgrade to the new version. The reason I have moved such nifty features and mass management for POST-release is because I thought that I am better off concentrating on ways to improve revenue and give the user an easy to use system (while it doesn't have all the add-ons such as Folder management, etc it still is a very easy to use system).

I wish I can talk about all the features, but some things are just very hard to explain, and other things I really want to SHOW rather than say it in words (because it is hard to understand).

If I were to choose between the companies we are most similar, I'd say we are a mix of what is out there and what is not out there.

•••
With all the months of "coming soon" and "I need to make it perfect before releasing it," it sure sounded like you were talking about a non-beta, full-featured version. Now it sounds like a stripped down beta that will get features on the fly.

But you know what? I don't care if it's a piece of junk as long as the revenue gets a significant boost. No matter what you do, there are going to be problems, so post a list of features you will add (in the order you'll add them), give the features a timeline you can actually meet, and get on with releasing what you have. If your claims of higher revenue are true (even with some bugs), I'd much prefer that to another few months of terrible earnings and "coming soon" posts.

•••
Well if people keep asking when it is coming, then I have to tell them how long I think it will take. Sure, usually in the world of web development things do get delayed. And yes I do have a schedule written out at all times, and I do follow the schedule, but many times there are things I have to add while I develop a feature that I forget to put in the schedule, and that's what it gets dragged out.

I cannot post a list of features or the timeline.

In my opinion this is not a stripped down version. I only mentioned 1 feature above that didn't make it, and compared to what it already has, that feature probably won't even be brought up once we come out with the upgraded Bodis because there are just so many bigger and better things in it. I didn't mention anything big in the new Bodis, and it is ofcoarse propietary information that I haven't and won't share with anyone I know and don't know.

You have to also understand that I am alone on this project. Other companies may take well over a year and have a development team of 10 or more people. I am the development team.

And in my opinion it is not a piece of junk, and I will take all the time necessary to make sure it is not like the release of the original Bodis. Unless you want a repeat of what happened with Bodis in the past, then yes, I can release it right now. But fortunately I would never do that because I have learned from my mistakes in the past.

So please just wait patiently, if you are no longer interested in Bodis and no longer wish to wait, then stay out of the thread. This is a thread for people that have issues/need help/have questions on the current Bodis, and also a thread for people that are interested in the upgraded version that will be coming out.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back