Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
Introducing the New Revolution in Domain Parking Services, where the clients actually matter this time around - Bodis.com.

That's right. We have negotiated the highest possible revenue share with third party ad providers, and out of this we are giving our clients a lifetime of 100% revenue.

Today is the beginning of CHANGE in the domain industry. Many of us are tired of all the domain parking programs that hone in most of what we should be receiving. The Revolution has STARTED.

As of right now, Bodis.com offers the following:

• 100% Revenue Share
  • Search Engine Optimized Templates
  • Customizable html title, html description, and page title of templates
  • Customizable images for templates
  • Auto-optimizable and manually customizable keywords/urls for advertisements!
  • Simplistic and easy to use management interface
  • Customer support that cares about its clients
  • Customer support that responds within 1-2 days.
  • And more as the program progresses...

I am hoping the majority is happy with where we are heading in the domain industry, and that everybody here is happy to see Bodis.com. We will be working extensively on adding user suggestions and feedback into the parking service.

Hopefully we can make a difference in the industry.

Aside from this, I'd like to point out a few more things. The lifetime of 100% revenue share is applicable to anybody that applies within the next 1-2 years. The revenue share may decrease after that only for new clients. Right now Bodis, LLC has the budget to keep itself afoot with 100% revenue share for another 1-2 years time.

Enjoy the website and feel free to leave any feedback/comments in this thread.

This topic has been replaced with:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry about your sister Matt

•••
Wow Matt sorry about your sister's accident. Prayers for her and that is awful. I have horses and have been riding since childhood and have had broken bones and sprains, so I know exactly how fast bad things can happen. Prayers for her speedy recovery and yes family comes first.

Andrea

•••
I always get this message when i click any link on the landing page:

"The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator."

•••
Thanks everyone for the support. She's coming home today.

nu-money said:
I always get this message when i click any link on the landing page:

"The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator."

Which domain name are you getting that on?

•••
•••
Sorry to be the Grinch, but before anyone flames me for getting back to business, I realize Matt is going through some personal turmoil...I understand what that means, and I sympathize on a personal level. Some of us are also going through our own personal hardships in our own private ways. That said, it’s important to bring up the current downturn in performance over the last several days despite the addition of new countries. This isn’t meant to bash Matt or to cast blame, but to show how this kind of downturn affects more than monthly revenue, and how it causes its own kind of turmoil.

Although a monthly deposit of cash is a nice product of parking, it's not necessarily the main goal for many domainers. In fact, the monthly revenue for me doesn’t compare to the other benefits of a good parking program (although the revenue is directly related). I'm finding that it's more important to me to have documented statistics for individual domains showing consistent traffic, clicks and earnings. That consistency is important because those numbers determine selling prices, and when earnings drop sharply like they have this month, it causes more problems than just lower monthly parking revenue; it severely affects the value of individual domains, sometimes by far more than a whole portfolio earns in months of parking.

Below are nine examples based on the first 15 days of revenue in Feb and March. Even though it’s only ½ a month, I’m calling it “monthly” rev just because multiples of months are used to calculate a domain’s value….usually anywhere from 12 to 36 months. What that means is that documented statistics for a domain’s past months are used to calculate that domain’s current market price. For example, if a domain has consistently averaged $10 per month over 1 - 12 months while parked (depending on how many months the buyer asks to see), that $10 per month is multiplied by the number of months the buyer is willing to pay, usually 12 – 36 months. So if a buyer offers 12 months, he’ll pay $120 for the domain…$360 for 36 months. I’ve used 24 months for my domain examples below. (These are the real stats from nine of my domains at Bodis.)

It’s quite easy to see the decline in earnings so far this month (the last few days have been pretty bad), but look at how much the loss in sales value is magnified. The total sales value has dropped drastically on these nine domains. Buyers who base offers on traffic and revenue will look at the current month’s stats, and make substantially lower offers.

That's why it's so important to get the EPC and click-through rates going up again...it's not just about parking revenue; it's also about the effects parking revenue has on domains that are for sale.

(I'm sure Matt's aware of this...and now that things are settling down for him, he'll be able to once again work his magic.)

Domain Earnings Mar. Earn Feb. 24x Mar 24x Feb

Domain 1: $12.06 $40.51 $289.44 $972.24
Domain 2: $6.65 $28.66 $159.60 $687.84
Domain 3: $8.29 $16.34 $198.96 $392.16
Domain 4: $9.34 $12.65 $224.16 $303.60
Domain 5: $1.39 $14.47 $33.36 $347.28
Domain 6: $2.79 $13.65 $66.96 $327.60
Domain 7: $3.87 $12.26 $92.88 $294.24
Domain 8: $4.47 $8.99 $107.28 $215.76
Domain 9: $2.67 $7.49 $64.08 $179.76

Last edited:
•••
Don't push, be patient

Even Fab parking revenue is down as most other parking companies. Not much can be done, except what parking companies are currently doing, that is they are grasping at straws in the hopes one will somehow help parking stats.

To put it in scope, parking is like the stock markets the day after the crash, they are looking at the pieces that fell and wondering how the hell to put them back together.

My other suggestion is back off from your personal hopes of parking as your and my hopes for earings mean shit right now.

Also if I was the owner of a parking company and I stated many times in my thread that payout dates are not set in stone and many factors will affect the day payment is made, I sure as hell would not apprecieate members who strong arm my thread with comments like the "payment better be made" by a certain date. If I was not in a good mood the day I saw such posts I would figure out someway to delete the trouble makers off my parking program.

Managers do not need little snippets of strong arming, they need to address the issues at hand and have the leeway to run the business.

My suggestion, start concentrating on other ways to make money as the very best parking owners are not at this time able to do anything about the poor earnings, not Fab, not parked, not Sedo, not Traffic and not even Matt at Bodis.

To think everything is the same today after the big shakes out for parking domains and with Google dropping Ask and the gun pointing at parked names is not reality based. Of course parking revenues are down and so are rpm. Do you think Bodis is going to be somehow unaffected by this across the board slap down?.

If a person has not come to the conclusion that the parking we used to know is not the same they are not reading or informed.

My view too is with what happend to Matts sister each and everyone of us should know a week or two is going to cut into any work Matt is doing as his sister is more important Imo than Bodis is. Two or three days after the accident is not enough time to push for everything to be done on time.

Try that with Google, lol.

•••
•••
Glad to hear about Anna. It is when things like that happen that you are reminded of the true priorities in life. Keep the faith.

•••
goodkarmaco said:
Even Fab parking revenue is down as most other parking companies. Not much can be done, except what parking companies are currently doing, that is they are grasping at straws in the hopes one will somehow help parking stats.

To put it in scope, parking is like the stock markets the day after the crash, they are looking at the pieces that fell and wondering how the hell to put them back together.

My other suggestion is back off from your personal hopes of parking as your and my hopes for earings mean shit right now.

Also if I was the owner of a parking company and I stated many times in my thread that payout dates are not set in stone and many factors will affect the day payment is made, I sure as hell would not apprecieate members who strong arm my thread with comments like the "payment better be made" by a certain date. If I was not in a good mood the day I saw such posts I would figure out someway to delete the trouble makers off my parking program.

Managers do not need little snippets of strong arming, they need to address the issues at hand and have the leeway to run the business.

My suggestion, start concentrating on other ways to make money as the very best parking owners are not at this time able to do anything about the poor earnings, not Fab, not parked, not Sedo, not Traffic and not even Matt at Bodis.

To think everything is the same today after the big shakes out for parking domains and with Google dropping Ask and the gun pointing at parked names is not reality based. Of course parking revenues are down and so are rpm. Do you think Bodis is going to be somehow unaffected by this across the board slap down?.

If a person has not come to the conclusion that the parking we used to know is not the same they are not reading or informed.

My view too is with what happend to Matts sister each and everyone of us should know a week or two is going to cut into any work Matt is doing as his sister is more important Imo than Bodis is. Two or three days after the accident is not enough time to push for everything to be done on time.

Try that with Google, lol.

I reckon goodkarmaco has summed things up perfectly, and I endorse his comments about not laying your shit on Matt.

To go one step further, parking has been largely dead in the water for some time. The Google move was the nail in the coffin. Why is it "dead"? Because it's not offering value to advertisers. It's been documented that the vast majority of parked sites direct traffic that has little relevance to the advertiser's website. Typos have a lot to blame for this, but there's other things as well. I'm convinced the biggest problem has been automated keyword handling. People dump thousands of names in a parking company and leave it up to the parking company's software to determine the domain's relevance. That's a recipe for disaster. For a minority of names it may work, but for the bulk there's no way in the world it could prove efficient. The beauty about Bodis is that it lets you customise your keywords better than any of the other parking companies. With the Google/Ask.com feed, if you were prepared to do the hard work and customise individual names then were able to end up with pages that were 100% relevant to the visitor (and hence the advertiser). You ended up with very high CTRs. With Google gone it's a lot harder to do that now as a lot of the advertisers are no longer there.

Down the track a bit, parking companies will have to abandon auto keywords or they'll end up with no ad providers. Advertisers want qualified potential buyers, not blow-ins.

•••
Being an adwords advertiser myself, I agree... it's annoying to get a million clicks that have no relevance to what I sell, which is why I gave up advertising in the content network, only search advertising which is much more targeted. But it's difficult sometimes to figure out the correct keywords for some domains. I hope Bodis v2 will have a function to see what people are searching for, enabling us to optimize the keywords.

As to Bodis right now, I'm a bit confused by the behavior. If it only was a general decline I would tend to agree with that it's the general trend everywhere right now, but I see so widely different results from day to day, sometimes only a few domains getting clicks and only between $1-2 in total revenue, to 100-150 domains getting lots of clicks, and 10 times more revenue the next day... and then back again the day after, and the day after that.. then up again 10 times. It keeps jumping up and down in a way that isn't natural, or can be explained by a general decline in the parking business.

•••
I have not received payment of revenue for December 2007 ! I have send emails to Bodis, but not receiving response. ¿ Happens in bodis?
¿You guys received payment from February 25?

•••
i just have ten domain....can i park my domain in bodis with that.....?

•••
Bodis isn't taking new applications just now.

•••
nu-money said:

I am not getting any errors on this domain name. Are you still having problems? It may have been a temporary issue.

Now to answer all the questions about the spikes in revenue and then sudden drops in revenue. The revenues are not determined by us. Whatever CPC values we get from our upstream ad providers, we give to the users. Also, many of these advertisers that advertise with our upstream ad providers have budgets, certain days of the week, certain times of the day, and certain countries that they want to advertise in. They may put aside $10,000 in spending for Monday, but $1,000 for Saturday. Hence why you see usually revenue drops on the weekend - many advertisers on days that convert less to them. Same thing with times of day. 12 noon - 6 pm may be much better for advertisers than 12 midnight - 6 am.

On top of that, some advertisers have daily, weekly, or monthly budgets set. If these budgets are reached, their ads are no longer displayed. If their ads had a targeted title but are no longer displayed, not only will it affect your CPC, but it will also may affect your CTR.

On top of that, it depends what keyword your visitors click on, and which ad position, and of coarse what country they are visiting from.

And to those asking about me working on increasing the network's revenue - well it will definitely increase. But since v2 is JUST AROUND the corner, I decided to spend an extra 3 days on getting better revenue there than on the current system.

•••
What about my payments? What about my revenue of December 2007? Do you forget of me?
thanks
Miguel Casajuana

•••
Matt,

thanks for the update. Nice information provided. Good for us you are working on getting the revenues up. I sure notice more traffic to my names recently, that is a good thing.

•••
Thanks for the update Matt - nice to hear V2 is just around the corner, I look forward to seeing it. I feel there is a great opportunity at the moment for any parking company that comes up with something good/different/effective as parking is going through a torrid time right now - anybody that has the skill to come up with something that really works will undoubtedly be very popular and may find himself overwhelmed with applications from people who want to join !

•••
miquelcp said:
What about my payments? What about my revenue of December 2007? Do you forget of me?
thanks
Miguel Casajuana

Hey there Miguel,

I am pming you about your payment status right now.

•••
How do i apply for an account ? The sign up page on bodis.com is closed ...

•••
Thanks for the info about the possible causes for the violent swings in revenue. That could explain it.
Would this affect the number of visitors too? (Since that shows the same behavior; The days with low revenue shows half the number of visitors as other days.)
This is also spread over several hundred domains, and I'm mot talking about the behavior of the individual domains, but the whole portfolio.
Great to hear about V2. Looking forward to it! :)

•••
Matt I keep getting the following error message on a number of my pages when I click on the links on the left - I think this is the same error message that someone else mentioned a couple of days ago

The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: CFQUERY

Resources:
Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; SU 3.011; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Remote Address 81.179.197.78
Referrer http://www.masdarproperty.com/

•••
nu-money said:

cfguru360 said:
I am not getting any errors on this domain name. Are you still having problems? It may have been a temporary issue.
Matt,

Is that an example of Bodis v2? If not, where is that domain parked?

BTW, that domain works fine here (Colorado, USA) as well, and it looks like a great and very well designed parking page - fully optimized for click throughs.

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
Matt,

Is that an example of Bodis v2? If not, where is that domain parked?

BTW, that domain works fine here (Colorado, USA) as well, and it looks like a great and very well designed parking page - fully optimized for click throughs.

not sure but it looks very Namedrive-like

•••
advaita said:
Matt I keep getting the following error message on a number of my pages when I click on the links on the left - I think this is the same error message that someone else mentioned a couple of days ago

The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: CFQUERY

Resources:
Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; SU 3.011; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Remote Address 81.179.197.78
Referrer http://www.masdarproperty.com/
Same for me. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Matt.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back