Dynadot

The New NamePros, Reported Issues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your alerts are synced with threads you are subscribed to here:
https://www.namepros.com/watched/threads .. They should also be in new posts till you view them & then disappear. So if you check alerts & visit thread, it probably wont be in new posts anymore. I'll look more at that here in a bit to be sure.

Kinda goes along with my previous posts. I found the link to Recent Posts, it's to the right of the forum, hopefully it gets moved to the nav bar for easier access**. But the Recent Posts should show what Keith is looking for.

**Looks like that might be happening, but right now the link is here:

Mark Forums Read Recent Posts

•••
The user count (snapshot next to the user profile) says x members,x visitors and x robots. Is that an infusion of much needed humor? :)

No, there are really robots ("bots") visiting our site. These are what we call crawlers for search engines that index our site. For example, there's Googlebot and Bingbot. We are crawled very heavily, with requests from bots occurring several times per second. It's like a constant DDoS attack against our servers, though not a malicious one. It's important for us to track these bots so that we can keep up with them.

Hi Eric & Paul,
Is there any possibility that we are going to get the "Users Currently Viewing This Thread" feature back??
+
Being able to see underneath the Display Picture of Members, whether they are offline or online.
+
The Current Time which we used to have earlier, was strange that it was showing fine while mobile browsing.

Thanks.

I should probably note that you can change your timezone in your user control panel to match your location. By default, times are UTC.

Issue: can't seem to close my own threads anymore with the new namepros... as a result I can't post any domains for sale as I have 2 open sales threads.

Looking into that momentarily, assuming someone else hasn't already taken care of it.

I like the upgrade and am looking around as I type this message. One of the concerns I have is literally the layout is too White....any chance of the ability to adjust either theme or color to background at least?

Great job none the less!

I'm all for a hacker-mode dark-theme layout. That way, everyone around me will know that I have l33t h4x0rz sk1llz. Dark themes are becoming popular in the programming world because they're easier on the eyes: when you're staring at code all day, things like that are important. I've already started bugging the appropriate people about more styling options, so hopefully we'll have some more prettiful colors soon.

Is the Trader Rating the same as we previously had...and is it the Trader Score now?
Just wondering cause I don't recall ever getting a Negative TR, yet I only have a score of 84% :-/

*deep breath* Okay, this is going to be a long explanation...

Trade Review Math

We've made some changes to how we analyze trade reviews. Internally, there was a bit of debate over exactly how we should calculate scores. On the old site, neutral reviews had no effect on scores. Mathematically, this isn't ideal, so now they have some effect--just not as much as a negative or positive review.

Let's go over Feedback Score first. On the old site, Feedback Score was very simple: each time a unique member left a positive review, the reviewee's feedback score would increase by one. If a single member left multiple reviews, only the first review would count, or something like that. A negative review decreased the feedback score. On the new site, each reviewer still has one point of influence, but that point is divided between negative and positive based on all of the reviewer's ratings for an individual reviewee. Negative (-1), positive (1), and neutral (0) reviews are averaged. For example, if a reviewer left one positive and one neutral review for a member, the reviewee's score would increase by 0.5. As you can see, neutral reviews do have an effect now.

Satisfaction on the new site is similar to Positive Feedback on the old site. To calculate it, we determine the percentage of points that a user has earned for their feedback score versus the maximum score that they could have achieved. So if a user has a feedback score of 7 but could have achieved 10, their feedback score will be 70%.

Let's say that a user has 100 positive, 0 neutral, and 0 negative reviews by 100 unique reviewers. One of those reviewers leaves an additional negative review: the user's feedback score goes from 100 to 99, and satisfaction goes from 100% to 99%. Maximum possible feedback is 100.

Let's say that a user has 100 positive, 0 neutral, and 0 negative reviews by 100 unique reviewers. A new reviewer leaves a negative review: the user's feedback score goes from 100 to 99, and satisfaction goes from 100% to 98.02%. Maximum possible feedback is 101.

This is very similar to how sites like eBay work, though eBay uses a more complex algorithm that takes time into account.

There's a catch: to prevent confusion, neutral reviews left on the old site still have no effect. At the time, members assumed that neutral reviews wouldn't have an effect on feedback scores, so it wouldn't be very nice of us to change the meaning of their past ratings. As such, feedback scores on the new site should be similar to (but not necessarily the same as) those on the old site.

•••
I'll say very simply, this format or layout requires more work for the user. It looks better but turns me off during navigation.

•••
Maybe it was addressed earlier and something you're already working on but is that Trader Rating coming back to under our Profile pic, like DNF has it setup and how it was with the last forum? I know you can click on the person's pic, but it's easier the way you had it. It's an extra click now.

•••
Maybe it was addressed earlier and something you're already working on but is that Trader Rating coming back to under our Profile pic, like DNF has it setup and how it was with the last forum? I know you can click on the person's pic, but it's easier the way you had it. It's an extra click now.

It's been proposed internally. The downside is that it would require a significant number of additional database queries per page (20+), which would slow page loads. Now that we've successfully launched and we know that our database can handle the extra load, we may add that. Perhaps we'll only show the rating to logged in users to cut down on the load.

If I recall correctly, DNF is using a third-party add-on for trade reviews. We weren't satisfied with what was publicly available for the purpose, so we wrote our own. It's designed to be very, very fast.

•••
Whoa, I didn't know the chat here was Video Chat as well. Is that allowed, the nudity? Not that I have anything against it, depending on who it is, just wanted to be clear on the rules. Thanks.

And thanks for the Recent Posts link in the nav bar, much easier now.

•••
Whoa, I didn't know the chat here was Video Chat as well. Is that allowed, the nudity?

Video chat? Where? I installed no such thing! Though that'd be pretty awesome.

•••
Not a issue, just wondering, what happened to "visit sites for NP$" (can't seem to find it)? If it is gone, what happened to my NP$ that I paid for visits?

•••
The site is actually significantly faster than before. However, it does make use of newer web technology, so if you're on a really old browser or device, it might be bit overwhelmed.
That was a temporary problem. Site is loading fine now.

I have one other suggestion. Post time-stamp is almost unnoticeable. It took me some time in other thread to see whether i'm reading old posts or new one and it's still annoying to see a very small time-stamp under the signature. Please move it back to post header where it should be.

Thanks

•••
Not a issue, just wondering, what happened to "visit sites for NP$" (can't seem to find it)? If it is gone, what happened to my NP$ that I paid for visits?

It was an outdated model. SEO doesn't work that way anymore. Additionally, it was a bit blackhat-ish, and not really in the spirit of NamePros. We intended to refund all NP$ that was held in escrow, but it's possible that we missed some; I'll let the appropriate people know that you may have lost NP$ so they can investigate.

That was a temporary problem. Site is loading fine now.

I have one other suggestion. Post time-stamp is almost unnoticeable. It took me some time in other thread to see whether i'm reading old posts or new one and it's still annoying to see a very small time-stamp under the signature. Please move it back to post header where it should be.

Thanks

The ideal location of the timestamp is a pretty subjective topic, so it's most likely staying under posts for now. However, the text is certainly on the small side. It's even worse under user avatars. I have proceeded to harass the responsible individual. ;)

•••
Just fixed trade reviews pagination and restored comment text.

If you click a user's name, their trade score will appear in the info overlay. For example, your says: "Trade Score: 235.00 Satisfaction: 100%"
Thanks for the update!

Got it and looks work well

•••
•••
•••
Sorry guys could anyone tell me where I find " my active threads"? If I go on " my content " it loads everything I posted so far..
Thanks

•••
•••
Heres threads you are subscribed to and received a new post since you last checked: https://www.namepros.com/watched/threads (Forums > sub-nav > Watched Threads

Sorry Eric, maybe I didn't explain myself properly. In the old NP you could go straight to your " active threads " that is those you actually created/initiated. Did that function disappear? I know where to find the threads I am following but I don't know how to filter MINE out to know how many I have, to update them, to close them etc..

It also seems I am not able to close my own threads..( yes I could find one! because it was in the wanted section so it was easy!!!! :-P )

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
•••
How does a mobile user edit tags?

•••
Sorry Eric, maybe I didn't explain myself properly. In the old NP you could go straight to your " active threads " that is those you actually created/initiated. Did that function disappear? I know where to find the threads I am following but I don't know how to filter MINE out to know how many I have, to update them, to close them etc..

It also seems I am not able to close my own threads..( yes I could find one! because it was in the wanted section so it was easy!!!! :p )

Thank you
Right, the "Active Threads" feature from VB is no longer available on XF at this time. We can look more into the possibility of adding it back though in the future. However, at the moment there are 2 places to view your content: 1. Your Content (When hovering over your username top right of site). That's a list of all the threads and posts you created. 2. Watched Threads (Sub-nav to Forum link in nav). That's all the threads you created and were auto subscribed to + subscribed threads you added manually.

•••
How does a mobile user edit tags?
Tags can only be added / edited by the thread starter themself or staff. If its Your thread, you can scroll to the very bottom of the thread on Mobile & click "Edit Tags"

Where is this in a menu for an iphone user?
Im not an iphone user & enjoy my Windows 8.1 phone. However, most the mobile access should be the same. Click on the "Forums" link, then under it there will be 2 links & to the right of that will be 3 dots ... <~~ click those dots for the drop down menu and select the watched threads from there.

•••
Eric, thanks for clarifying, didn't realize "..." was a menu. Possibly consider naming it 'more' to reduce confusion.

The last remaining major issue for me is viewing new posts first, will that feature return? It's a much more efficient way to read new posts especially via mobile, greatly reduces the scrolling.

•••
Eric, thanks for clarifying, didn't realize "..." was a menu. Possibly consider naming it 'more' to reduce confusion.

The last remaining major issue for me is viewing new posts first, will that feature return? It's a much more efficient way to read new posts especially via mobile, greatly reduces the scrolling.
I'm looking at the https://www.namepros.com/find-new/2098/posts page at the moment, is that what you mean? Looking at the right, the time / date stamps appear to be listing newest first for me. are they not doing that for you?

•••
I'm looking at the https://www.namepros.com/find-new/2098/posts page at the moment, is that what you mean? Looking at the right, the time / date stamps appear to be listing newest first for me. are they not doing that for you?

No, I'm referring to viewing a thread just like this one. In the past there was a user option to view new posts first, in essence viewing in reverse order, such that the latest post in this thread is on the top of page one instead of the bottom of page seven.

•••
Another thing I just noticed (or didn't), I no longer see a post number associated to each post in the thread

•••
Another thing I just noticed (or didn't), I no longer see a post number associated to each post in the thread
Look at bottom right of this post.. see the Like / Thank / etc.. links? look just to the left of them & see the #125? that's the post number :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back